House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StainlessSteelCat

This Farm Could Be Yours....for £1/year

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/stunning-great-orme-farm-could-11348443

Surely, got to be a better deal than the Russian one. Apparently more than 2K expressions of interest already.

No oldies.

Alas, I speak neither Russian nor Welsh.

Hmmm. Survived starting in Italy before I spoke the language (and Germany up to a point, though that wasn't quite starting from scratch). But those were different: in populated areas and office-based jobs, so I was hearing lots of the language and thus able to start learning.

So you get to live on a farm for a nominal rent, in exchange for having to work the land. So basically they are looking for a serf.

No more so than any other tenant farmer. Any profits you make from farming are your own as far as I can tell.

Love the idea of managing a farm for wildlife and getting subsidised for it... not so keen on having to "engage" with the 600,000 tourists each year.

I think they might demand animal husbandry skills, ecology skills and tourist management skills - that should reduce the number of applicants who are actually considered.

It is only 140 acres (albeit with additional grazing rights) - that isn't going to give a fantastic income...

And a 10 year tenancy - so as soon as you've sorted the place out and started to really make a living you'll get removed because they'll have decided to do something 'innovative' with the place.

I think they might demand animal husbandry skills, ecology skills and tourist management skills - that should reduce the number of applicants who are actually considered.

It is only 140 acres (albeit with additional grazing rights) - that isn't going to give a fantastic income...

And a 10 year tenancy - so as soon as you've sorted the place out and started to really make a living you'll get removed because they'll have decided to do something 'innovative' with the place.

Who needs an income if there's no rent to pay?

Could work nicely for someone my age. A ten year term bringing me within bridging distance of pension age, and ready to drop dead and be at one with the land if things are sufficiently bad.

Hmmm ....

Love the idea of managing a farm for wildlife and getting subsidised for it... not so keen on having to "engage" with the 600,000 tourists each year.

Without wishing to do the National Trust's job for them, I suspect 99% of those simply take the train or cable car to the top and come back down or drive around it. Quite a bit of the Orme is quiet even in peak season.

Who needs an income if there's no rent to pay?

Could work nicely for someone my age. A ten year term bringing me within bridging distance of pension age, and ready to drop dead and be at one with the land if things are sufficiently bad.

Hmmm ....

You never done lambing? Too much like hard work for most people, especially with the weather round there.

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/features/farms-to-let

Y Parc, Great Orme

We are offering our iconic £1m coastal farm for just a pound a year. The keys and the future of a precious landscape could be yours.

How to apply:

The viewing day is imminent so potential applicants will need to obtain their Letting Particulars Pack and safeguard their place on the day as soon as possible.

The closing date for completed applications is Friday 10th June 2016 at 12:00 noon. For further details about Y Parc, Great Orme please call Sioned Evans on 01690 713328.

Ynysau Uchaf, Pumsaint, Carmarthenshire

Available from 1 October 2016 on a 10 year Farm Business Tenancy.

A productive livestock holding of approximately 77.73 Ha (192.07 acres), comprising of a four bedroom farmhouse, modern and traditional farm buildings, permanent pasture, temporary grass leys, rough grazing/scrub & woodland.

Abermangoed Farm, Carmarthenshire

Available from 1 October 2016 on a 5 year Farm Business Tenancy.

An unimproved livestock holding of approximately 49.50 Ha (122.31 acres), comprising of a three bedroom farmhouse, one modern farm building, a range of traditional farm buildings, permanent pasture, rough grass/scrub & woodland.

Both farms are part of the National Trust’s Dolaucothi Estate and will be subject to conservation management clauses. Viewing days will be held on the 23rd and 27th May 2016, by prior appointment. This is a rare opportunity to share our vision for land and landscape that is: Healthy, beautiful, rich in culture and nature, enjoyable - and productive as a result.

For further details please call 01558 825135 or email daniel.delaney@nationaltrust.org.uk

Please do keep checking back if you're interested in becoming one of our tenant farmers, as any opportunities will be listed here and in the national farming press.