House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turned Out Nice Again

Hitler - The Final Ignominy

That is really good. Imagine putting that in an art exhibition without attribution, to later tell people and see how their reactions change.

That is really good. Imagine putting that in an art exhibition without attribution, to later tell people and see how their reactions change.

Carry a photo of Hitler as a baby around with you. When people show you photos of their kids whip out the Hitler photo and let them go all ga ga over it. When they inevitably say "Is it yours?" reply:

"No, it is Hitler." and watch their reaction.

Carry a photo of Hitler as a baby around with you. When people show you photos of their kids whip out the Hitler photo and let them go all ga ga over it. When they inevitably say "Is it yours?" reply:

"No, it is Hitler." and watch their reaction.

Now you've really moved into extreme chat-up techniques. Is that one you use in the vegetable isle?

Now you've really moved into extreme chat-up techniques. Is that one you use in the vegetable isle?

Saw a gorgeous bottom in the veg aisle of Sainsbury today. Tight black leggings as well.

Yes, I used to use it as a chat up technique back around 2000 and it was highly successful. Why did I stop using it? Oh yes, the nutjob gf. I must print myself out a new Hitler photo (That's not a line you hear every day.).

I must print myself out a new Hitler photo (That's not a line you hear every day.).

What kind of lady wouldn't melt at the first glimps of this little darling..?

1445638772_537132877_adolf-hitler-zoom.j

In my Baldrick cunning plan, I go back in time and get Hitler accepted as a proper artist.

Trouble is, I can't be sure another more competent leader may take his place as leader of the Nazi party and then win the war...

It would be quite interesting to stage an exhibition where Churchill and Hitler's paintings were displayed side by side.

BTW there are apparently a number of Hitler's paintings in the possession of the U.S. government that they refuse to allow to be displayed. This seems completely bizarre given that you can walk into any book shop in America and purchase Mein Kampff. Why can we read Hitler's political views but are not allowed to see his art works ? Do people really think that viewers are going to suddenly leap from thinking that not all Hitler's paintings were without merit to deciding to become active Nazis? That is a bit like saying that one should not look at Van Goghs paintings because it might encourage people to take up self mutilation.

Much of Hitler's work is deeply conventional, even showing a touch of Roman Catholic sentimentality but his architectural and landscape studies are more interesting in a rather unsettling, cold and detached way. If he had a bit more imagination he could have transformed some into vaguely surrealist studies but of course that would have made him a 'degenerative artist'. In the end he had some talent as a painter but it never really went anywhere.

I'm pretty sure I was brought up believing he was just a house painter...as opposed to an aspiring artist.

Me too. And Mrs JTB too. (asking, out of the blue "when you were younger, what sort of painter did you think Hitler was?" gets an initial response of "WTF are you on about?").

Incredible to look at him as a baby and think about all the rage, anger, hurt, pain, misery and death that he would create.

he was drafted in WW1...the army created the monster...war created the monster...and there were many many monsters created. He was a monster made good. there will be many more.

In my Baldrick cunning plan, I go back in time and get Hitler accepted as a proper artist.

Trouble is, I can't be sure another more competent leader may take his place as leader of the Nazi party and then win the war...

Actually that's what happened in the original timeline.