House Price Crash Forum

Concrete Bases As A Possible Second Income.

HOLA441

I needed a concrete base for a shed and the local builder quoted me £400 to do a 6ft x 8ft (3 inches) and thought I could do better so....

Bought a cement mixer from Screw Fix £199 and materials for £130. I started at 10am this morning and finished about an hour ago and the results aren't too shabby... see photo.

It's such a breeze and as I've acquired a new toy was thinking I could put it to good use and make it pay. £250 for the one shown in photo for example and work backwards/forwards depending on size.

Would this be viable. 25 year guarantee (I won't be around that long). 3-4 jobs a month on top of pulling pints 15 hours a week and I'd be happy.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Best vote Brexit. I am sure the regulations around this kind of thing will kill your plan stone dead otherwise.

Other than that what have you got to lose? A few postcards in the local shops, a post or two on the local facebook/streetlife page and see what happens.

HOLA447

You've bought a concrete mixer to build a shed - in which to keep your concrete mixer. It's people like you who keep our economy moving!

HOLA448

Perfectly viable if there is the demand. Are you sure you will be as enthusiastic when its 3 tons of ballast through a house, up and down garden steps and along a 200ft garden path?

HOLA449

Perfectly viable if there is the demand. Are you sure you will be as enthusiastic when its 3 tons of ballast through a house, up and down garden steps and along a 200ft garden path?

It's 4 to 1 mix (ballast/cement) as luck would have it this was through my house so 25kg bags...

A van will be fine and all other costs incidental.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest eight

PM me.

edit: oh gaw'd... I was saying that in jest - you didn't have to and the answer is no I won't do it not even for the £5k you offered. Erghh!

If you tried something like this round here you would be treading on the toes of a certain community who assume that this sort of cash in hand manual work should remain their sole preserve. So there probably would be a body involved - yours.

HOLA4413

It's 4 to 1 mix (ballast/cement) as luck would have it this was through my house so 25kg bags...

A van will be fine and all other costs incidental.

It starts to get old real quick with bigger quantities. I hope you're a big strong lad.

HOLA4414
Guest eight

It is sort of amusing that Long Tom Silver is thinking of burying some pieces for Eight.

:lol::lol::lol:

Too good!

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424