House Price Crash Forum

So F#cking Depressed

HOLA441

Last week I dropped my meds dosage from 30mg to 20mg (max dosage recommended is 40). Anyway...

Is it my change in meds causing my mood to drop or is there a big increase in unpleasant news this week?

Trump talks about printing money like it's a game

NZ has priced out tent dwellers

Another plane gone missing

US credit card debt rocketing, jobs dwindling

The sun is shining but even that isn't cheering me up...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

I do not take any medication but I do know people that do take antidepressants....yesterday I picked this book up in CS to look at simply because I am interested in the subject.....

The Antidepressant Solution....a step by step guide to safely overcoming antidepressant withdrawal dependence and 'addiction'....Joseph Glenmullen author of prozac backlash.....lots out there to read, but always speak to your doctor....wish you well.;)

HOLA444
HOLA445

If you are suffering from depression I would seriously consider avoiding this website for a while.

It tends to focus on negative stories and is full of miserable b's

Hope your feeling better soon

+1

I would advise avoiding news websites in general, and TV news. By all means watch films and series and read some books, just avoid everyday news.

HOLA446

Last week I dropped my meds dosage from 30mg to 20mg (max dosage recommended is 40). Anyway...

Is it my change in meds causing my mood to drop or is there a big increase in unpleasant news this week?

Trump talks about printing money like it's a game

NZ has priced out tent dwellers

Another plane gone missing

US credit card debt rocketing, jobs dwindling

The sun is shining but even that isn't cheering me up...

Sounds like you are carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders..

None of those things affect you directly, if you didn't watch the news you wouldn't evening know they were happening.

Be selfish for a change an focus on yourself.. do some things you enjoy and see if the mood passes :)

HOLA447

If you are suffering from depression I would seriously consider avoiding this website for a while.

Yeah, but then you suffer withdrawal. We all know it's bad.

To the OP: if you have any open country nearby, get out into it. On a bike or on foot. If you're deprived of anywhere open, a riverside or even a city park can beat industrial farmland.

HOLA448

Welcome to noticing the world as it is. Your own surroundings and company should be guard against it but we're too busy screwing those up for frankly daft reasons. It's unpleasant but the more people who realise it the greater the chance of something being done about it and the greater the chance of life actually improving. Pretty darned remote chances though. Depression is a raional reaction to looking at the world around you, most people just keep themselves too busy and distracted to notice.

HOLA449

It's ok to be frustrated by the crap going on in the world. For a short while anyway.

As others have said get some fresh air and don't listen to the news. You can't do anything about it anyway so no point worrying about it.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Guest eight

Welcome to noticing the world as it is. Your own surroundings and company should be guard against it but we're too busy screwing those up for frankly daft reasons. It's unpleasant but the more people who realise it the greater the chance of something being done about it and the greater the chance of life actually improving. Pretty darned remote chances though. Depression is a raional reaction to looking at the world around you, most people just keep themselves too busy and distracted to notice.

You know something Reidquat, your prize miserablism actually makes me smile. It's like you suffer so I don't have to.

HOLA4412

What meds are you on ? Everyone is assuming these are anti depressant meds - but they could be something else ?

Anti-depressants. Side effects when increasing or reducing include depression...

Feel a bit better at the mo... work is not helping... started a new role as old dept removed through restructure (council).

HOLA4413

Anti-depressants. Side effects when increasing or reducing include depression...

Feel a bit better at the mo... work is not helping... started a new role as old dept removed through restructure (council).

If I let myself get depressed about where I work I would have jumped of a bridge years ago.

Clue - it's not a favourite of this site :)

Anyway - where you work could be worse - wherever it is.

HOLA4414

You know something Reidquat, your prize miserablism actually makes me smile. It's like you suffer so I don't have to.

Probably just as well I can't see the video right now, but anyway...

You're clearly part of the problem, another name on the list, hahahahaha!

Sorry, got a bit carried away there.

HOLA4415

I agree the rest of the world is pretty grim, there are some HPCers living the Dordogne dream or whatever abroad but even most of France is a concrete Godforsaken shithole...why do you thin k we have the world queuing up to get in and indeed leave France. The depressing thing is we are doing our best to wreck our green and pleasant land in the name of GDP and less happy lives because we see immigration as the only means of funding the welfare we have promised ourselves.

HOLA4416

I agree the rest of the world is pretty grim, there are some HPCers living the Dordogne dream or whatever abroad but even most of France is a concrete Godforsaken shithole...why do you thin k we have the world queuing up to get in and indeed leave France. The depressing thing is we are doing our best to wreck our green and pleasant land in the name of GDP and less happy lives because we see immigration as the only means of funding the welfare we have promised ourselves.

Good post.

HOLA4417
Guest eight

Probably just as well I can't see the video right now, but anyway...

You're clearly part of the problem, another name on the list, hahahahaha!

Sorry, got a bit carried away there.

No, no, please, I really hope there is a list! I wouldn't be offended at the slightest at being on it, in fact I'd be delighted!

HOLA4418

No, no, please, I really hope there is a list! I wouldn't be offended at the slightest at being on it, in fact I'd be delighted!

To be honest I'm going to have to abandon the list, it's getting out of hand. It would be simpler to keep a list of people who aren't on the list.

HOLA4419
Guest eight

My wife works for the local council; the impression I get is that it's a pretty depressing place, well maybe not the place but the makeup of the workforce.

HOLA4420

Maybe I'm in as bad a place as the op but I wouldn't describe this site as focusing on the negative... I'd say it focuses on reality, it's just that most people are too ignorant to realise it or in too much denial to accept it.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Oh all too true, it's bonkers and completely and utterly criminal whenever we cause any damage to it. Look at all the bits of Britain relatively untouched by physical development in the last 100 years or so but which has benefitted from the advances that have got rid of all the downsides of that time, it's utterly wonderful, and it's any damage and threat to it that is what's largely responsible for me being miserable (plus people clamouring for all the changes that screw it up).

To be fair to France though the fact that it's got half the population density is readily apparent and very much to its benefit in the general feel of much of the country, but certainly the awful stuff they build makes the typical British housing estate look stunning. For some bizarre reason they seem inspired by Soviet architecture. Did enjoy my 15 months in the south of France though (once I'd settled in, took me a while).

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Guest eight

Can I interest anybody in a fluffy cat picture? Or perhaps a video of somebody being horribly injured in an unforeseeable and therefore quasi-amusing manner?

HOLA4425

Archived