House Price Crash Forum

Deep Purple

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

I love this house ... when it hits £250k I'll put in an offer well below asking....

I just love the purple carpets, hifi everywhere, weird geometric shapes, dolphins .... I try to picture who the owners are .... 60 ish hippy rockers!??!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-52374262.html

26 pics, and you have to scroll to #25 and #26 to see the true ugliness of what you get for £290,000. A 3 bed end of terrace is a 3 bed end of terrace is a 3 bed end of terrace. You think the "arty" interior shots will fool us? This pile of sh1t cost £50,000 in the mid 90s, and we should only be paying that plus inflation in 2016. Correct me if I'm wrong, but stuff hasn't sextupled in price in 20 years asides from property?

Edited by canbuywontbuy

HOLA444

Must have got a job lot of carpet. The pic of the bogging towel in the shower room was a sure fire seller too.

:blink: hadn't noticed that.

To be honest all the hifi got me excited .... my version of twigs in vases :)

HOLA445

26 pics, and you have to scroll to #25 and #26 to see the true ugliness of what you get for £290,000. A 3 bed end of terrace is a 3 bed end of terrace is a 3 bed end of terrace. You think the "arty" interior shots will fool us? This pile of sh1t cost £50,000 in the mid 90s, and we should only be paying that plus inflation in 2016. Correct me if I'm wrong, but stuff hasn't sextupled in price in 20 years asides from property?

Other stuff is produced by the free market and so as demand increases supply doesn't - sadly housing doesn't work like that.

HOLA446
HOLA447

To the OP, funny find. Would hate to live next door. How much noise would all of those speakers make!

And would they all be playing different tunes?

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Amen, change that towel, yeuch.

A well-built, spacious ex-LA house in W Sussex, you've got to give it a hundred grand, hope that's what you mean, Hiace Drifter, when you say well below asking... ok 125.

edit - got confused by who i was replying to don't have time to sort...

Edited by North London Rent Girl

HOLA4412

I sometimes think the quality of houses in an area are almost in inverse proportion to the price. Never ceases to amaze just how badly built a lot of the home county houses are...tin pot built of brick with poor interiors to match...the shell bathroom suite looks like it must have cost £199 from B and Q and that was when bathrooms were relatively expensive compared to today's prices. Then you go into some poor area like rural Wales and the houses are solid and top spec. I guess the folk of the South East don't actually have any money left to build a decent house or indeed fit it out such is the insanity of house prices down there.

HOLA4413

Must have got a job lot of carpet. The pic of the bogging towel in the shower room was a sure fire seller too.

Am I looking at the right thing? I see a towel next to the bathroom sink that looks like it has been wiped on someone's butt, or is it just the lighting / shadows that makes it look that way?

HOLA4414