House Price Crash Forum
Perfectionist

Big Brother Uk .....

I plan to sell (or more likely scrap) my car and pay cash on buses and trains. And wear a hoody;).

Still, I suppose all this enhanced law enforcement will have the desired effect of replenishing our declining prison population :blink: .

I plan to sell (or more likely scrap) my car and pay cash on buses and trains. And wear a hoody;).

Still, I suppose all this enhanced law enforcement will have the desired effect of replenishing our declining prison population :blink: .

If you transform the entire state into one big prison you don't need places like that with fences round them.

Someone, somewhere else, pointed out that the insurance companies are in trouble - not making huge profits.

Read between the lines.

This will likely be done on a PFI basis with large insurance companies having access to the data.

This will allow them to target their premiums more effectively (i.e profitably).

The end aim of all this is road pricing and insurance-as-you-drive.

Half of you are probably mules for this project already.

Only you want it, you pay extra for it and you call it "Sat-Nav".

Half of you are probably mules for this project already.

Only you want it, you pay extra for it and you call it "Sat-Nav".

Right hang on- I tend towards the tinfoil hat mindset but I completely fail to see how the government can track you via Sat-Nav? Surely it's an entirely passive system?

"Learn to ride a bicycle - you will not regret it" - Mark Twain.

Crooks will adapt by using fake numberplates, or LED plates that change numbers instantly, or they'll ride push-bikes. If you commit street crime I should think a bicycle is the best getaway there is. Number plates on push-bikes? Hmmmm....

Guest Bart of Darkness

This is all part of making the job of the police easier. Soon they won't need to leave their cars at all to "enforce" the law. Within 10 years the whole criminal justice system could be handled by an MI5 computer.

When you see murder being downgraded in some instances

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/20122005/140/killers-murder.html

You can see the real priorities of those in charge.

There will be huge sales of accurate Tony Blair fright-masks.

Tony will be tracked in thousands of places all over the country simultaneously.

I don't believe that the face-recognition systems can tell the difference between a real face and a photo of the same face.

It's like when CCTV came in and was going to be the panacea to catch street criminals. What hi-tech did they use to fight back? Hooded tops!

People are waaay too smart for most tech.

It's just the "Paranoia Of The State" the all powerfull's greatest fear is the loss of power it's self. And they know the "Boggy Men" they say are our enemies are just a product of their control mechanisms.

They know the biggest threat to their power comes from within, and so the State feels it needs to be in a position to monitor the people. Like the border fences of the old Eastern Block, it was not there to safeguard people but it imprison people.

Orwell's 1984 is playing out quite nicely when you come to think about it , big screen in every home pumping out the government/corporate spin.

Guest Bart of Darkness

Orwell's 1984 is playing out quite nicely when you come to think about it , big screen in every home pumping out the government/corporate spin.

But actually, he thought as he re-adjusted the Ministry of Plenty's figures, it was not even forgery. It was merely the substitution of one piece of nonsense for another. Most of the material that you were dealing with had no connexion with anything in the real world, not even the kind of connexion that is contained in a direct lie. Statistics were just as much a fantasy in their original version as in their rectified version. A great deal of the time you were expected to make them up out of your head. For example, the Ministry of Plenty's forecast had estimated the output of boots for the quarter at one-hundred-and-forty-five million pairs. The actual output was given as sixty-two millions. Winston, however, in rewriting the forecast, marked the figure down to fifty-seven millions, so as to allow for the usual claim that the quota had been overfulfilled. In any case, sixty-two millions was no nearer the truth than fifty-seven millions, or than one-hundred-and-forty-five millions. Very likely no boots had been produced at all. Likelier still, nobody knew how many had been produced, much less cared. All one knew was that every quarter astronomical numbers of boots were produced on paper, while perhaps half the population of Oceania went barefoot. And so it was with every class of recorded fact, great or small. Everything faded away into a shadow-world in which, finally, even the date of the year had become uncertain.

Or Ray Bradbury's Farenheit 451, where the wall sized screens dish out mostly mindless pap and adverts.

"People want to be happy, isn't that right? Haven't you heard it all your life? I want to be happy, people say. Well, aren't they? Don't we keep them moving, don't we give them fun? That's all we live for, isn't it? For pleasure, for titillation? And you must admit our culture provides plenty of these."

Guest Bart of Darkness

So we can expect a crackdown on cars with dirt and dust covering the number plates shortly then.

Cracking down on grime, cracking down on the causes of grime.

Some people on our street leave their car badly parked on a corner untaxed and presumably as a result uninsured. The police were told and eventually something got done and the car disappeared but now they've got two in its place and the people who had got in touch with the police have given up as the police arne't interested.

Should they be ringing dvla too? What's most effective?

Rav

Right hang on- I tend towards the tinfoil hat mindset but I completely fail to see how the government can track you via Sat-Nav? Surely it's an entirely passive system?

Sat Nav readings are recorded to a device fitted to the car and then uploaded to a central system via a mobile link in much the same way as mobile phones work.

Bart of Darkness

“This is all part of making the job of the police easier. Soon they won't need to leave their cars at all to "enforce" the law. Within 10 years the whole criminal justice system could be handled by an MI5 computer.”

What you describe is already happening, speed cameras, automatic fine if the car tax is not paid and in London they even have CCTV’s that issue parking fines as soon as you park your car for a few seconds where you shouldn’t.

Think I would prefer to pay the MAFIA protection money, it costs much less

Technology is being used to enslave us all more often than not and whilst they are quick to point out the advantages, they are slow to point out the real objectives behind the grand master plan.

Wait till they have you all wearing a silicon chip up your bum, will fine you for farting in public places

Strange none off this technology worked on 9-11 but you can bet that camera that flashed me last week will have been working just fine !

GCHQ

Hello :lol:

Edited by Justice

Guest Bart of Darkness

They'd be more efficient and reliable as well.

Does not have to be,

We have a system at work that tracks a vehicle from the moment the ignigtion is on.It is recording speed, location, payload details etc.

combines sat nav with GPRS

we can see where the vehicles have been and when

Edited by Kam

the people who had got in touch with the police have given up as the police arne't interested.

That's odd: the only time I ever see cops around here is when there are a dozen sat at the side of the road looking for cars with expired tax disks. I particularly like the sign they put out telling us that they're 'fighting crime and disorder' by doing so. How stupid do they think we are?

I'd be more than happy to pay money to the mafia to protect me from the government.

Getting back to the topic of the site, this is another reason why house prices are coming down in the future: police states don't exactly have a history of innovation and growth, especially when the police are turned on the middle class as ours increasingly are.

"Learn to ride a bicycle - you will not regret it" - Mark Twain.

Crooks will adapt by using fake numberplates, or LED plates that change numbers instantly, or they'll ride push-bikes. If you commit street crime I should think a bicycle is the best getaway there is. Number plates on push-bikes? Hmmmm....

...sorry to disappoint you but there is loads of facial recognition technology on the market now.

...likewise with mmwt(millimetre wave technology)...works like the screen thing in total-recall.

Or Ray Bradbury's Farenheit 451, where the wall sized screens dish out mostly mindless pap and adverts.

I've often thought that whoever is pulling the strings is fond of literature.

....many of the things that have recently come to pass have already been written by someone else.

...which means the guys in control really don't have much of a brain or they would have thought it up themselves......they are just reliant on others to think it up for them....and pay for the idea.

About 5 years ago I considered approaching the DVLA with the same idea to develop a system to track cars which were not taxed properly becuase they lose many tens of millions of pounds through car tax evasion. We even estimated we could build the system for a few million but someone beat us to it before we had approached them.

...oh please!!!!!

..why not stick the extra duty on petrol????...no getting away from it then!

...have you any idea of how many beaurocrats need to be employed to:

1)issue you with road tax

2)tell you your road tax is out of date

3)send the letters to tell you yor road tax is out of date

4)catch you with out of date road tax

5)issue you with paperwork to tell you your road tax is out of date

6)print the correct paperwork to supply you with correct road tax

7)process above paperwork to give to the people that told you your road tax was invalid

8)re-process exactly the same thing in 6 months

...does that sound fair to you for £95 a pop??...or would you rather spend it on a plasma screen telly?