House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DTMark

The Paradox Of Personality

I recently undertook something of a mission to expand my musical horizons.

It wouldn't be entirely fair to suggest that my musical tastes were wholly electronic dance music with an overwhelming focus on melody, but it wouldn't be that far off.

So to contrast.

This is my all time favourite. It has been since 1994. Threatened once, seriously, but not quite toppled. Italian Eurodance from 1994. A collaboration of DJs rather than a formal "group". Catchy, impactful, layered, as melodic as it gets?

.. and of all the new music I've come across, this blows most things out of the water (thanks Dave Beans, I'm sure you won't mind he mention)

It has always been the case that I can respond to music well outside my usual "sphere" but that Oceansize track is very special.

I haven't a clue what most of the words are, the mixing of the vocal is so low key and I only have the YouTube copy.

It has an entirely down-tempo, downbeat sound to it. I am only guessing that it's a song sung by someone dead to the nurse that tended to them while they were alive.

These two tracks could hardly be more different yet they evoke equally different powerful responses.

Any insight?