House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Eurovision Thread

As I don't have a TV I'm listening to this on the wireless with Ken Bruce. I've not listened to it on the radio before. It is just better.

The songs do all sound the same and they're all in English; can we claim copyright?

And since this thread is likely to attract DT Mark - have you successfully stalked your Italian popstar yet? No update for ages.

Georgia, another proper rock song, with a bit of electronics thrown in.

The music is getting very homogenised, like the world.

Georgia, another proper rock song, with a bit of electronics thrown in.

The music is getting very homogenised, like the world.

There were rumours several years ago that Radiohead and Morrissey were approached

Brexit will end the UK entering Eurovision!

How the hell did Israel get in - their country isn't even IN europe?

I know that Eurovision has nothing to do with the EU, and is arranged entirely on backhanders and special favours, so no similarity at all really, but I would love it if we voted for brexit and then also got kicked out of Eurovision.

I have chatted to Paola - shall update on that at some point.

Really strong Eurovision this year. I was rooting for Switzerland but they didn't make it.

Lithuania to win?

The French never sing in English.

BTW have Australia got an entry again this year?

Edit: ah yes, a quick Google suggests their singer is 2nd favourite.

Not on televised gigs but they do at the many open-air concerts they hold in towns all over France during the summer.

How the hell did Israel get in - their country isn't even IN europe?

I know that Eurovision has nothing to do with the EU, and is arranged entirely on backhanders and special favours, so no similarity at all really, but I would love it if we voted for brexit and then also got kicked out of Eurovision.

Australia

I'm really puzzled. That girl from Australia belted that dreadful song out quite well but that and her had all the charm of Pam Ayers sitting on a haystack. What gives.

WTF??? I didn't think the UK song was fantastic but I thought it was good enough to get into the top 50% of the chart at least. 3rd from last! It was 100 times better that last year's entry -that one deserved to come near the bottom.

F**k Eurovision - let's Brexit!

As Australia participated this year isn't it time to rename Eurovision 'Worldvision' ? :unsure:

WTF??? I didn't think the UK song was fantastic but I thought it was good enough to get into the top 50% of the chart at least. 3rd from last! It was 100 times better that last year's entry -that one deserved to come near the bottom.

F**k Eurovision - let's Brexit!

As Australia participated this year isn't it time to rename Eurovision 'Worldvision' ? :unsure:

MOEO (Music of European Origin)