House Price Crash Forum

A Question That Google Can't Answer

frozen_out

HOLA441

OK, two parts to this, first the question, then an explanation of why google can't answer it.

A bit of pre-amble - I've only ever had serious professional differences with 3 people - all childless women 35+ in age. So I thought I'd put it to google: Are childless women difficult? Yet google comes up with loads of irrelevant things that don't address my question, which is the ifrst time this has ever happened to me. So I thought I'd put it to HPC off topic:

Are childless women more difficult to deal with than mothers?

and why can't google give me any relevant links on this question?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

I suspect it has something to do with Google needing a good seeing to. That should sort it out.

It would probably then bring you breakfast in bed and be all doey eyed around you for a while until it needs another good seeing to.

However, eventually no amount of you seeing to the needs of Google will satisfy it and it will leave you for someone with more exciting imput box entries.

For some reason 'The Taming of the Shrew' springs to mind.

HOLA445

OK, two parts to this, first the question, then an explanation of why google can't answer it.

A bit of pre-amble - I've only ever had serious professional differences with 3 people - all childless women 35+ in age. So I thought I'd put it to google: Are childless women difficult? Yet google comes up with loads of irrelevant things that don't address my question, which is the ifrst time this has ever happened to me. So I thought I'd put it to HPC off topic:

I've experienced the same (and am currently doing so) - but no idea if correlation rather than causation. But my long term boss fits into the same category, but is absolutely brilliant to work with.

I could see how what you suggest could be the case. Middle age is difficult for a lot of people anyhow and if a child was something you always profoundly desired but somehow never achieved I could see how you might become bitter and unhappy - with that leaking through into your professional life.

The frustration might be further compounded if you feel you are working longer less flexible hours than those with children.

HOLA446

The frustration might be further compounded if you feel you are working longer less flexible hours than those with children.

I've certainly seen that, where women get special privileges at work through having kids, men get a bit narked but childless women get really annoyed as they have a better radar for when they are milking it.

Justifiably IMO, workplaces should have life-friendly policies for everybody, not just family-friendly ones for those with children. And IME firms are getting much better at equalising this.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

A conspiracy theorist might say that it's because Google is run by feminists who'd rather chew off their nipples than admit that in general terms, deliberate (let alone involuntary) childlessness exacts a psychological price. It's time to restore the concept of unnaturalness to popular culture and thinking - but then, that would tend to do for feminism as a whole, hence will be fought tooth and unvarnished nail.

Students of philosophy know about Aristotle's idea of eudaimonia - and surely it's not that shocking to suggest that part of it for most women is indeed childbirth, motherhood and likely later stages (marrying off your precious little princess, playing with grandchildren and so on).

I suspect it has something to do with Google needing a good seeing to. That should sort it out.

It would probably then bring you breakfast in bed and be all doey eyed around you for a while until it needs another good seeing to.

However, eventually no amount of you seeing to the needs of Google will satisfy it and it will leave you for someone with more exciting imput box entries.

For some reason 'The Taming of the Shrew' springs to mind.

Nice to see you make a relatively rare foray out of your usual habitation in a certain mega-thread in this part of the forum :D

I've certainly seen that, where women get special privileges allowances at work through having kids, men get a bit narked but childless women get really annoyed as they have a better radar for when they are milking it.

Justifiably IMO, workplaces should have life-friendly policies for everybody, not just family-friendly ones for those with children. And IME firms are getting much better at equalising this.

Fixed that for you. The distinction is key. Children are vital for the survival of the human race - therefore everyone has an interest in supporting their direct raisers/providers.

HOLA4410

I've certainly seen that, where women get special privileges at work through having kids, men get a bit narked but childless women get really annoyed as they have a better radar for when they are milking it.

Agreed. At my workplace, you no longer need to say why you want flexible working in your application. We simply judge on the basis of whether the business can afford it. As a manager of someone who'd gone through profound trauma (loss of child due to suicide) and wanted reduced hours and a lot more time off - it was great to be able to say - "no need to fill out that bit of the form anymore".

HOLA4411

:blink:

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Archived