House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thecrashingisles

Portillo: High House Prices Are The Biggest Problem For The Economy

On This Week now.

Saying that only the Chancellor of the Exchequer could not understand how much of a problem high house prices are and how much they fuel inequality.

Yup...... Osbourne is a tw@t.

I remember Osjerk saying how impressive the Icelandic's were as business people and bankers..... He was TOTALLY fooled by that bunch of phonies & crooks.....

The more I see and watch him & his actions --- the more I realise he's just as much a moron as that complete C* NT Gordon Idiot-Broon.....

Edited by eric pebble

Annie Mac dressed like a 16 year old :o

You say that likes its a bad thing.

Not sure wh Annie Mca is. Hopefully a busty 20 YO ...

They fuel inequality because they are 'special' bank accounts for those that happened on to securing at the right time in the right place for the right price.....free cash was then deposited regulary, available to spend now or later...paying a very high rate of interest only available to special people......for the rest their bank account pays 0.001% and they are charged 50% of their 'hard earned working taxed income' to bed down for the night in a 'special person's' high rate of return special bank account.;)

I thought they were hard working Tory voters who did the right thing and shouldn't have to pay taxes or give up their winter fuel allowance?

Dissent in the Tory ranks at the old screwing the young? First ids and now portillo?

Edited by Si1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07b9j1v/this-week-12052016

@3:50

What an honest observation. So the Osborne is so worried he's telling the young swing voters that if they were to vote out house prices, that they can't afford, would drop to levels they might afford. He's like Chicken Little, for that matter the whole government/TPTB are. If they really had information supporting even slightly their case of economic doom why didn't Cameron get what he demanded from EU and why have they allowed the country to be held to ransom by this referendum.

I remember Blair, Mandelson, many Ministers, the City, and business leaders warning we faced a bleak future if failed to join the Euro. Look how that turned out.

All these doom mongers are weakening their case with every cry of the sky's falling down.

Annie Mac dressed like a 16 year old :o

Annie Nightingale actually (aged 76).

Annie Mac is 37

:):):)

On This Week now.

Saying that only the Chancellor of the Exchequer could not understand how much of a problem high house prices are and how much they fuel inequality.

How come people like him have (apparently) only just noticed?

It's the elephant in the room. Once the young notice that the games up.

On This Week now.

Always amusing to see Portillos policies from his term in govt (flogging off public housing in this case) unravelling in real time.

Shame he was such a deluded tw&t when taking his shilling from the public purse. But I guess everyone deserves a shot at redemption.

I like Portillo and he's the only reason I watch This Week (on catchup of course). It's rare I disagree with him and I think he knows which way the winds are blowing more now than when he was in government when he was surrounded by yesmen. Anyone who has been watching TW for some time knows he's quite bearish.

Portillo was one politican who took the full slap form turning public opinion. Others (the majority) simply carry on and pretend they can carry on their merry way and just pander to concerns at election time and all will be OK, no matter how badly they are screwing the public and that they will get away with it.

I like Portillo and he's the only reason I watch This Week (on catchup of course). It's rare I disagree with him and I think he knows which way the winds are blowing more now than when he was in government when he was surrounded by yesmen. Anyone who has been watching TW for some time knows he's quite bearish.

UK is running a 5% budget deficit (the 70s, winter of discontent was not that high), ~8% current account deficit, pub,ic debt ~120$ GDP (official), a big band of boomers to retire over the next 10 years,

Can you point to something positive?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07b9j1v/this-week-12052016

@3:50

What an honest observation. So the Osborne is so worried he's telling the young swing voters that if they were to vote out house prices, that they can't afford, would drop to levels they might afford. He's like Chicken Little, for that matter the whole government/TPTB are. If they really had information supporting even slightly their case of economic doom why didn't Cameron get what he demanded from EU and why have they allowed the country to be held to ransom by this referendum.

I remember Blair, Mandelson, many Ministers, the City, and business leaders warning we faced a bleak future if failed to join the Euro. Look how that turned out.

Exactly all the same the sky will fall in fearmongering

Watch and weep facts not speculation

Edited by long time lurking

Portillo has frequently referred to the problem of high house prices. Unfortunately This Week is tucked out of the way so will have minimal impact.

The real problem is the continuing promotion of increasing house prices as a good thing.

Even all this talk of building massive amounts of housing that has building companies rubbing their hands to increase supply, we know will not be done without all of the props and subsidies to keep prices high, whilst pretending to help.

Imagine what all of those planning permissions will do for those balance sheets, whether built on or not - bonuses all round.