House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ryanjw

Clueless

Could someone please explain to me what on earth is going on.

Halifax have said there will be rises of 3% in 2006 yet capital economics have predicted 5% falls.

Someone must be wrong. I just don`t get it.

I notice people on this forum are adamant theres gonna be a big crash. I just cant see it.

Ta.

I can only speak for myself but we accepted 10% less than the asking price purely because I couldn't for the life of me see where another buyer was going to come from so i took what i could get. The FTB's have been squeezed to their limits and that was causing me a problem on the 2nd rung of the ladder. As a result of my "losing" £30k I'm now putting in offers £30k less than the asking price on anything I like the look of (which to be fair hasn't been much), they haven't accepted yet but in a few months time when the spring bounce doesn't happen I'm expecting the good EA's to be calling me back if they are doing their jobs, most aren't and won't.

Halifax have said there will be rises of 3% in 2006 yet capital economics have predicted 5% falls.

I notice people on this forum are adamant theres gonna be a big crash. I just cant see it.

Ta.

Well, do you feel like buying at the moment? If not then why not?

Probably most of the population are thinking like you.

It's called "Spin" from the VI parties or if you like "Bull5h1t". The bigger Party the bigger the bull5h1t. A Party or "Business" like the Halifax has a lot of money tied up in the property market . They will never openly admit that business is bad because that would be bad for business. They use "spin" to keep the market turning over in desperate attempt to heard up all the last of the "sheep" which will buy property now because they believe if they do not buy now they will never be able to buy at all. It's simple common sense, the foundations of the property market is built upon FTBs' coming onto the ladder and everyone being able to move upto the next rung because of this. If you out-price FTBs' then the whole system will evetually come to a halt. "Don't believe the HypE"

Edited by crash co-ordinator

Ta.

Don't worry about the crash.

If the property you desire to live in is priced within X3 of your income then put in an offer equivalent to X2.5 of your income.

If the property you desire exceeds X3 your income, revise your expectations accordingly.

Renting could be good for a while yet.

The contradictory reports you mention are designed to confuse Joe Public and frighten him/her into rash decisions. Step back. Breath deep. Tell 'em no.

Ta.

I can explain:

Capital Economics are wrong. Halifax may have underestimated things too.

:D