House Price Crash Forum

Northern Ireland Terror Threat Level Raised In Great Britain

HOLA441

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36267052

The threat level from Northern Ireland-related terrorism in Great Britain has gone up from moderate to substantial.

It means an attack in England, Scotland or Wales is "a strong possibility".

Home Secretary Theresa May said the level, set by security service MI5, "reflects the continuing threat from dissident republican activity".

The level for Northern Ireland-related terrorism in Northern Ireland remains severe, meaning an attack is "highly likely".

Are the dissidents upset that Sinn Fein sold out?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Many the Islamists have finally realized the only place left in the UK they can attack and kill mostly non-muslims is Northern Ireland...the rest of the place is pretty much saturated in Muslims :lol:

Does make me wonder though...when you hear ISIS want to blow up the Westfield Stratford. Isnt that area about 90% muslim...not going to kill many infidels round there, an indiscriminate bomb.

HOLA445

Are the dissidents upset that Sinn Fein sold out?

A terrorist organisation passes from generation to generation. The old terrorists who are now in government in Northern Ireland are the generation who were ready to pass the baton on. The "dissidents" are the next generation of real terrorists.

The reduction in terrorism may be mainly down to Blair standing shoulder-to-shoulder with Bush. Suddenly the terrorists lost most of their funding, as a lot of americans lost their appetite for funding them.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Many the Islamists have finally realized the only place left in the UK they can attack and kill mostly non-muslims is Northern Ireland...the rest of the place is pretty much saturated in Muslims :lol:

Ulster is not a friendly place for outsiders, stones get thrown and fires get started.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-27667937

The new warnings may not be related to the old rivalry.

Does make me wonder though...when you hear ISIS want to blow up the Westfield Stratford. Isnt that area about 90% muslim...not going to kill many infidels round there, an indiscriminate bomb.

But if that bomb were to be planted by the IRA?

What would happen if attacks were made against Muslim targets?

Would the Government unite Ireland to prevent civil war?

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

It's probably just hot air because we might leave the EU.

Are you scared yet?

It's remarkable how little more than a month before the eu referendum and after many years of hearing nothing and now all of a sudden to be told firstly that there's a "threat" from that source and then that it's "substantial".

HOLA4411

I know of some nurses who went on a training course in Belfast recently. They went on the open top bus tour and were intimidated when they were barracked by jeering yobs on the Falls road.'peace wall' bit.

It'll take a couple more generations before the sectarian stupidity ebbs away to the extent that it has in England (between the indigenous population anyway).

HOLA4412

I know of some nurses who went on a training course in Belfast recently. They went on the open top bus tour and were intimidated when they were barracked by jeering yobs on the Falls road.'peace wall' bit.

It'll take a couple more generations before the sectarian stupidity ebbs away to the extent that it has in England (between the indigenous population anyway).

On the other hand - a group of us went to Belfast a few years ago for a football game - did the same open top bus tour - and ended up going back to one of the areas we passed by for a piss up and had a great time.

To be fair if we had walked into that bar wearing anything green and orange the welcome may well have been slightly less friendly.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Four centuries and counting.

And now we have "faith schools" everywhere. We're bringing up future generations to a new sectarianism.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

They never went away you know......

Had a weekend in Belfast to see the Titanic exhibition a couple of years ago. Did the open bus top tour round the Shankhill and down the Falls Road (I kid you not) with the guide giving up all the speil on what went on 'during the troubles'. Was quite a good weekend actually, Belfast has come on a lot since the last time I was there (I really did get rocks thrown at me on that occasion), and it quite upmarket and cosmopolitan around the Cathedral and Uni districts.

These are not near the Shankhill or Falls Road.

Best bit on the way back to the car park when we were leaving we saw a Unionist flute and drum band marching through the city centre obvious headed to the catholic areas to wind them up......

They are quite proud in the Shankhill and like to paint their kerbstones Red White and Blue

16.33.jpg

Meanwhile over in the Falls Rd they remember their dead heroes..

179639506_9c95de4410.jpg

HOLA4419

On the other hand - a group of us went to Belfast a few years ago for a football game - did the same open top bus tour - and ended up going back to one of the areas we passed by for a piss up and had a great time.

To be fair if we had walked into that bar wearing anything green and orange the welcome may well have been slightly less friendly.

No need to cite an other hand ccc - I've been to Belfast myself 3 years ago with the wife and daughter. I follow ice hockey and went to a game of the Belfast Giants v Sheffield Steelers at their 6000 seater arena, no segregation between the fans and no coppers in sight. You should get yourself down to Glasgow's Braehead Arena and see the Breahead Clan for an interesting night out - like Belfast they are pointedly neutral and non sectarian - no football colours, especially when they play Belfast/Cardiff/any English club. They seem to intensely dislike the Fife Flyers though...

Belfast was a great experience from start to finish. We did do the open top bus tour and it was v interesting. We had no trouble at all. My nurse acquaintances were maybe just unlucky?

I assume you went on the lash to the Shankhill bit with the Rangers flags? I think I saw some George Best and Alex Higgins murials there rather than what is apparently the most photographed mural in the world, of Bobby Sands. Someone who killed himself for his cause without killing lots of civilians, which is a lesson the Islamists suicide nutters should learn...

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

They never went away you know......

Had a weekend in Belfast to see the Titanic exhibition a couple of years ago. Did the open bus top tour round the Shankhill and down the Falls Road (I kid you not) with the guide giving up all the speil on what went on 'during the troubles'. Was quite a good weekend actually, Belfast has come on a lot since the last time I was there (I really did get rocks thrown at me on that occasion), and it quite upmarket and cosmopolitan around the Cathedral and Uni districts.

These are not near the Shankhill or Falls Road.

Best bit on the way back to the car park when we were leaving we saw a Unionist flute and drum band marching through the city centre obvious headed to the catholic areas to wind them up......

They are quite proud in the Shankhill and like to paint their kerbstones Red White and Blue

16.33.jpg

Meanwhile over in the Falls Rd they remember their dead heroes..

179639506_9c95de4410.jpg

Looks familiar.

HOLA4422

No need to cite an other hand ccc - I've been to Belfast myself 3 years ago with the wife and daughter. I follow ice hockey and went to a game of the Belfast Giants v Sheffield Steelers at their 6000 seater arena, no segregation between the fans and no coppers in sight. You should get yourself down to Glasgow's Braehead Arena and see the Breahead Clan for an interesting night out - like Belfast they are pointedly neutral and non sectarian - no football colours, especially when they play Belfast/Cardiff/any English club. They seem to intensely dislike the Fife Flyers though...

Belfast was a great experience from start to finish. We did do the open top bus tour and it was v interesting. We had no trouble at all. My nurse acquaintances were maybe just unlucky?

I assume you went on the lash to the Shankhill bit with the Rangers flags? I think I saw some George Best and Alex Higgins murials there rather than what is apparently the most photographed mural in the world, of Bobby Sands. Someone who killed himself for his cause without killing lots of civilians, which is a lesson the Islamists suicide nutters should learn...

Went to a boozer on sandy row - called "the royal" iirc so no likelihood of any Bobby sands murals !!

It had a Higgins mural inside as well and lots of union jacks. I am not interested in any if the sectarianism nonsense - however I wouldn't feel comfortable drinking in a boozer where folk were singing IRA songs.

The songs being sung in the royal would not be my choice - but they didn't bother me as much. Most people - even if they are not involved in the green vs blue nonsense - still veer towards one side subconsciously. Familiarity I suppose ?

Half my family are from NI BTW so I have been there loads over the past 35 years.

The 'troubles' have never gone away - just been much subdued. Most in NI have just had enough of all the nonsense BUT every single person from there (bar recent immigrants) knows whether they are blue or green from a very young age - and what places they will / will not go to.

As for ice hockey I went a few times to the flyers many years ago when Sheffield were the biggest rivals and the likes of Tony hand and Winston ruggles (??) Were playing !!

Don't mind the sport but not my thing really.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Are you colourblind ccc? It's the Orangemen who do the all the marching not the Bluemen. 1690 and all that, don't recall a William of Blue at the Boyne.

Perhaps it's the Rangers colours you are thinking of?

Yes that was my point :)

Archived