House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wonderpup

Caught On Tape: This Is What Happened When An Mep Tried To Read The Ttip Text

I'd been reading all this stuff about TTIP, and more recently TTP on various conspiracy/disinformation sites; and the thrust had always been that these were secret, pre-agreed documents. I had assumed that this was all tin foil nonsense.

But, having watched that video, I'm completely lost for words.

Thanks for the video an absolutely unbelievable Orwellian scene.

On the brighter side, it is good to know that our democratically elected representatives our looking after our best interests

Well, one is at least.

I'd been reading all this stuff about TTIP, and more recently TTP on various conspiracy/disinformation sites; and the thrust had always been that these were secret, pre-agreed documents. I had assumed that this was all tin foil nonsense.

But, having watched that video, I'm completely lost for words.

Many MEP`s have said exactly the same about the secrecy French Spanish ..etc it sounds that crazy it`s easy to see why so many thought it to be a conspiracy

But as you say it`s truly shocking...and they say the EU`s democratic

Edited by long time lurking

If you aren't allowed to read the whole document or take a copy then in reality for all intents and purposes the TTIP might not even exist.

Except the rules will be what they say they are - how would you ever challenge them.

Edited by billybong

It all look pretty straight forward.

[EU:Article 13: Temporary Remedies in Case of Non-Compliance
1. If the Party complained against fails to notify any measure taken to comply with the panel
ruling before the expiry of the reasonable period of time, or if the panel rules that no
measure taken to comply exists or the measure notified under Article 12 paragraph 1 is
inconsistent with that Party's obligations under the provisions referred to in Article 2, the
Party complained against shall, if so requested by the complaining Party and after
consultations with that Party, present an offer for temporary compensation.
2. If the complaining Party decides not to request an offer for temporary compensation under
paragraph 1 of this Article, or, in case such request is made, if no agreement on
compensation is reached within 30 days after the end of the reasonable period of time or of
the issuance of the panel ruling under Article 12 that no measure taken to comply exists or
that a measure taken to comply is inconsistent with the provisions referred to in Article 2,
the complaining Party shall be entitled, upon notification to the other Party and to the
{institutional body}, to suspend obligations arising from any provisions referred to in Article
2 at a level equivalent to the nullification or impairment caused by violation. The
notification shall specify the level of suspension of obligations. The complaining Party may
implement the suspension at any moment after the expiry of 10 days from the date of receipt
of the notification by the Party complained against, unless the Party complained against has
requested arbitration under paragraph 3 of this Article.
3. If the Party complained against considers that the level of suspension is not equivalent to the
nullification or impairment caused by the violation, it may request in writing the original
panel to rule on the matter. Such request shall be notified to the complaining Party and to the
{institutional body} before the expiry of the 10-day period referred to in paragraph 2. The
original panel shall notify its ruling on the level of the suspension of obligations to the
Parties and to the {institutional body} within 30 days of the date of the submission of the
request. Obligations shall not be suspended until the original panel has notified its ruling,
and any suspension shall be consistent with the panel ruling.
4. The suspension of obligations and the compensation foreseen in this Article shall be
temporary and shall not be applied after:
(a) the Parties have reached a mutually agreed solution pursuant to Article 17; or
(B) the Parties have agreed that the measure notified under Article 12 paragraph 1 brings the
Party complained against into conformity with the provisions referred to in Article 2; or
© any measure found to be inconsistent with the provisions referred to in the Article 2 has
been withdrawn or amended so as to bring it into conformity with those provisions, as
ruled under Article 12 paragraph 2.]

Where's me pencil? :lol:

Source :- https://ttip-leaks.org/

It all look pretty straight forward.

Where's me pencil? :lol:

Source :- https://ttip-leaks.org/

Thought I'd check out the Plain English Campaign and their Crystal Mark scheme to see how the government organisations fare. No honesty marks 'H' for any government organisation and only a smattering of other awards!

http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/services/crystal-mark/crystal-mark-holders/873-government-organisations-with-crystal-marks.html

I wonder what the legal and translation bill is for the EU on TTIP so far? :blink:

Presumably after this has been brought in by bribing, coercing and cajoling enough politicians, the rules have to become public? Of course, by that stage it will be too late for anyone to do anything about it.

The lack of publicity in the mainstream media regarding the secretive nature of the deal is just shocking in a supposedly democratic society. Most members of the public don't even know that this deal is on the cards, let alone its likely draconian provisions and the sinister degree of secrecy surrounding it. The very least that the supposedly 'free press' could do is highlight the shenanigans surrounding it. No surprises that they are keeping mum though.