House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
beckenham8

Metro Housing Example

Hi

I read the metro today with its usually property section on Tuesday showing examples of buyers so that the masses can see where they are missing out....

Today it has the story of Meera Patel who has bought off plan with Berkley Homes in Orpington completion expected in 2018 sometime. The example shows 412000 two bedroom flat with associated costs, deposit, and showing the monthly payments etc.

I thought it seemed a bit extreme so did a quick google and you can see that this is a rewrite of a case study (March 2016) shown on builder website: http://www.berkeleygroup.co.uk/press-releases/2016/brunswick-square-appeals-to-young-professional. To make matters worse here the price is shown as 370000.

I guess I should know better but it seem ridiculous that the paper can rehash the property developers case study as its own and then show examples of costings which clear aren't what the person profiled paid!

B8

London 8.5Million population, must have a lot of corporate lawyers on big money if they are having to travel out to Orpington for a 2 bed flat. What do real people do for housing?