House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

justthisbloke

Boomers Dreaming Of Mortgages Story

(I've read the DM so you don't have to)

This story packs it all in: mortgage as aspiration, oldsters with thin equity, boomer entitlement mentality, and a pinch of male-demonisation to complete the HPC wrap:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3581787/Why-painful-late-life-divorce-isn-t-losing-husband-s-losing-home.html

YOU nasty man. I thought you weren't going to do this any more. Get outside with you! :)

Guilty! I've been procrastinating and delaying a phone call I've got to make and had the feeble excuse of "it's raining". Task avoiding displacement activities have included HPC, the DM, the Guardian cooking, cities, and transport sections, and an awful lot of pages on Wikipedia relating to the Roman civil war (with a hyperlink chasing foray in which I learned all about war elephants).

OK. Phone call made. Wellies and coat by the door. I'll be off and out. In a mo!

'The house was sold for £250,000 £50,000 below its true value, because the lawyers were pushing for a quick sale.

'While I received £142,000, house prices here are astronomical almost £600,000 on average today. I couldn't afford to buy anything outright or pay a mortgage as I hadn't worked for years.

Buried in the article this woman's sums are as deluded as her expectations. So houses are on average more than double her own selling price. Don't think so love.

... and why shame living in a council house; my soft landing rented one near to me and it was well proportioned, high specification and in a pleasant open area.

Why exactly is this in Off-Topic? It even has advice from Anthea Turner on dating for elderly divorcees. Can the mods move this to the main forum?

Why exactly is this in Off-Topic?

Because I fecked it up.

Can the mods move this to the main forum?

Yes please.

Buried in the article this woman's sums are as deluded as her expectations. So houses are on average more than double her own selling price. Don't think so love.

... and why shame living in a council house; my soft landing rented one near to me and it was well proportioned, high specification and in a pleasant open area.

Poor soul - she got more than half the house was sold for and still whining about it ?

And nothing would have happened re. the sale unless she fully 100% agreed to it. She accepted that sales price so just another whine about something that she actually decided herself.

And nothing would have happened re. the sale unless she fully 100% agreed to it. She accepted that sales price so just another whine about something that she actually decided herself.

People aren't responsible for their own decisions, this is the 21st century now!

People aren't responsible for their own decisions, this is the 21st century now!

Ah yes sorry I forgot !!

Guilty! I've been procrastinating and delaying a phone call I've got to make and had the feeble excuse of "it's raining". Task avoiding displacement activities have included HPC, the DM, the Guardian cooking, cities, and transport sections, and an awful lot of pages on Wikipedia relating to the Roman civil war (with a hyperlink chasing foray in which I learned all about war elephants).

OK. Phone call made. Wellies and coat by the door. I'll be off and out. In a mo!

So F*** true this morning, mine include shouting at LBC on the radio, chasing the dog around the garden, googling potential Sunday cars.......

Guest eight

The carefully nurtured garden. The wide sweep of the dining room, perfect for entertaining. Not to mention the four bedrooms, ideal for when grandchildren come to stay.

Pass the bucket, I'm going to be sick!

What's new.....another silly story to gossip about......I am sure we can all think of a topical story to give the DM and can point them in the direction of ready and willing participants ready to share all......down on luck stories that people read to make themselves feel better. :blink:

Links in nicely with the mortgage till 85 story.......other than that, can't borrow it because can't earn it, will have to rent until all the money has gone.......who then will then pay the rents? ;)

Nothing in life is guaranteed......it is a journey of gaining things and losing things....that's life.

It is funny how they all think they have had to sell their houses "for less than they were worth" and somehow they wil be able to carry on their lifestyle as previously. The first one seems to have burned through the 142k divorce settlement in ten years too. People dont really understand money.