House Price Crash Forum

For This Much I'd Expect A Rubbish Chute!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/s6p/40927896

Hmm, these have been converted from an office block recently. I wondered whether you'd need to carry your rubbish down in the left, or each flat would have a rubbish chute.

I phoned the EA and they said you do indeed need to carry down every stinky bag out the front of the building. That means getting dressed, dripping bin juice, split bags shedding god knows what.

They are luxury flats though.

Oh and not all flats have parking space... Can park on the road, but jam packed on weekends as next to train station.

Crazy.

Who needs a rubbish chute when you've a whole picture telling you you'll get HTB?

BTW, just looked at the location and map and a question struck me: "how many fckin railway stations does Worthing need?" Now I like a nice train journey as much as the next man - but five stations? I'll bet 4 of 'em get one service a day.

Who needs a rubbish chute when you've a whole picture telling you you'll get HTB?

BTW, just looked at the location and map and a question struck me: "how many fckin railway stations does Worthing need?" Now I like a nice train journey as much as the next man - but five stations? I'll bet 4 of 'em get one service a day.

Are you in earnest?

The sort of executive people who live in these luxury apartments do not produce bin juice. They are of a different breed. A weeks worth of rubbish can comfortably fit inside the discarded packaging of some finest robusta coffee. That modest yet expensive kitchen is not for cooking. Executives eat out in restaurants everyday and occasionally have an after work takeout with their attractive personal assistant, who they flirt with to fulfil their charity obligations. Those tiny bathrooms are for guests to discreetly use cocaine. Executives shower at the gym each day after a 10km run or a game of squash. They don't have the same bowel functions as common people. Instead they cough up a highly compacted pellet twice a day. That's why they use those mouth freshening sprays. Not that the odour is in any way strong.

Wouldn't you like to have this lifestyle?

It can be yours.

Speak to our financial advisor.

Throw out of window?

Tempting! I'm just thinking of those mornings when you're hungover, the recycling is overflowing in your kitchen so you do a quick pants and slippers run out the front door to the bin and back.

But to have to get dressed and go down in a lift? F%ck that!

The sort of executive people who live in these luxury apartments do not produce bin juice. They are of a different breed. A weeks worth of rubbish can comfortably fit inside the discarded packaging of some finest robusta coffee. That modest yet expensive kitchen is not for cooking. Executives eat out in restaurants everyday and occasionally have an after work takeout with their attractive personal assistant, who they flirt with to fulfil their charity obligations. Those tiny bathrooms are for guests to discreetly use cocaine. Executives shower at the gym each day after a 10km run or a game of squash. They don't have the same bowel functions as common people. Instead they cough up a highly compacted pellet twice a day. That's why they use those mouth freshening sprays. Not that the odour is in any way strong.

It can be yours.

:lol:

Tempting! I'm just thinking of those mornings when you're hungover, the recycling is overflowing in your kitchen so you do a quick pants and slippers run out the front door to the bin and back.

But to have to get dressed and go down in a lift? F%ck that!

When I lived in a (London) flat, we had a cupboard just outside the "front door". You put your rubbish in there and a man would take it away.

IIRC, there were four cupboards - one for rubbish out, one for parcels in, and one for milk bottles (full in, empty out). No idea what the fourth one was for. Maybe if I'd put my shoes in it in the evening, they'd have been taken away and returned, cleaned and polished by morning.

The place was also built like a the proverbial brick outhouse - and utterly soundproof.

As this was my only experience of apartment living, I been a little disappointed with more modern offerings!

Who buys these things? No university there, so cant imagine chinese.

Pensioners? Although I think most people in that age group would remember the days when you had to be bribed to live in such a place, not robbed of £300k.

It's 30 meter maximum travel distance to dedicated waste storage - Building Regulations kindly exclude vertical travel in that though - which is nice of them.

Your point about nipping out in your pants is a good one. I'll look forward to seeing the residents of the extra care development we are currently working on popping out in their gowns.. ;)

It's 30 meter maximum travel distance to dedicated waste storage - Building Regulations kindly exclude vertical travel in that though - which is nice of them.

Your point about nipping out in your pants is a good one. I'll look forward to seeing the residents of the extra care development we are currently working on popping out in their gowns.. ;)

When I lived in a quiet close years ago, there was a 40 something divorcee who came out to the bins in just her knickers. Only happened once... A very surreal Saturday morning!

It can be yours.

1:48 in.. .they only mate with their own kind...

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship