House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Noallegiance

Brexit = War!

Thing is this stuff works.

See the Scottish Independence debate where we were told that leaving the union would see Scots starving to death whilst hell fire rained down upon them. In reality they'd have been fine.

Same with this. I'm generally open to staying in the EU but I hate all this hyperbole about what we'd happen if we left. We'll be fine either way.

See the Scottish Independence debate where we were told that leaving the union would see Scots starving to death whilst hell fire rained down upon them. In reality they'd have been fine.

Same with this. I'm generally open to staying in the EU but I hate all this hyperbole about what we'd happen if we left. We'll be fine either way.

It didn't in the London Mayoral election.

People are tiring of this nonsense.

Have to admit I'm struggling with this one - is it possible for something to be both ludicrous and true ?

If my face book people, mainly die hard lefties, innies for ever folk are anything to go by Cameron's gas lighting is having the opposite effect and making them question his motives and tactics. This might back fire on him.

Sorry but Cameron has behaved like a complete tw&t. If out was so catclysmic why the hell did he have a referendum as Tory policy. He's desperate, he thought he was God and could get away with everything because he has all his life. He is not a realist he is a complete fool. He has always won because of survival bias and he might be about to lose big time. Key points.......

(1) Out has a small lead on recent polls though not on the poll of polls.

(2) The out vote might be more reliable as seen in the Scottish referendum.

The more he f**ks up this campaign the more i am drawn to out myself.

https://ig.ft.com/sites/brexit-polling/

Edited by crashmonitor

And Putin will of course be held responsible.

I'm sure you noticed how Russia's role in WWII was conveniently excised from the sweep of Pigboy's narrative.

Whilst I agree in general - and think this latest chat from Cameron is nonsense - if Scotland have voted YES we would already be ******ed.

We would have a hole of circa £13 billion per year in our finances due to the North Sea collapse.

Whilst I agree in general - and think this latest chat from Cameron is nonsense - if Scotland have voted YES we would already be ******ed.

We would have a hole of circa £13 billion per year in our finances due to the North Sea collapse.

I think, like the Scots, there are a lot of the out vote that believe economically will be worse off in GDP terms. However, I think wealth is all about relatives rather than absolutes and if we are all a bit poorer, not so overcrowded (as EU naionals leave) we might actually be a bit happier especially those hoping for a HPC.

Point is if Brexit = risk of war in Europe then Tories/Labour, who are both in favour of remaining in EU, wont permit a Brexit vote to be implemented.

War cabinets generally suspend "democracy". It really doesnt matter what referendum result is, in practice it aint happening.I

Ireland voted the wrong way so they simply held another vote. greece has had umpteen votes & changes of government in last 6 years and nothing has changed (apart from the politicians). UK will be no different.

Edited by R K

The EU is beginning to sound like what the lads used to say in the trenches in the Somme during WW1.

'If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined'.

Point is if Brexit = risk of war in Europe then Tories/Labour, who are both in favour of remaining in EU, wont permit a Brexit vote to be implemented.

War cabinets generally suspend "democracy". It really doesnt matter what referendum result is, in practice it aint happening.

Bit fed up with hearing this now. No government can stifle the will of the people for long in a democracy. Dave will be kicked out if he tries that - hopefully he'll be kicked out anyway on June 24th.

...this person Cameron speaks with a forked tongue...there could be a risk of war if we stay in Euro Union or leave...it's the same as saying the weather could get worse if we leave...the man is a low level marketing type choosing words to mislead....he is just not very good at it because he thinks we are all thick and he is bright ...when the reverse is true..... :rolleyes:

I'm sure you noticed how Russia's role in WWII was conveniently excised from the sweep of Pigboy's narrative.

Yes, apparently Russia killing 75% of the ENTIRE German army wasn't enough. Russia also suffered 27 million in losses (compared to the US/UK 450,000 or so each).

This is particularly important today - 9th May: Victory Day: http://sputniknews.com/russia/20160509/1039288290/russia-victory-day-parade.html

1039291799.jpg

Edited by Errol

...this person Cameron speaks with a forked tongue...there could be a risk of war if we stay in Euro Union or leave...it's the same as saying the weather could get worse if we leave...the man is a low level marketing type choosing words to mislead....he is just not very good at it because he thinks we are all thick and he is bright ...when the reverse is true..... :rolleyes:

As i said earlier he thinks he is God and cannot lose. He has all his life and he now assumes victory for the rest of his life. Someone who believes in themself to this degree is deluded rather than considering survival bias.

Edited by crashmonitor

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-35683387

Ms Sturgeon said the Scottish referendum had shown it was possible to create a "thriving democratic debate" by encouraging people to become "truly engaged in the issues".

But she added that one of the undoubted lessons of the Scottish experience was that a "miserable, negative, fear-based campaign" saw supporters of remaining in the UK "lose a 20-point lead".

Edited by long time lurking

You would have thought that the risk of war and genocide would have rated a mention in his referendum pamphlet.

Did he not appraise the eu of these risks during his "negotiations".

Edited by billybong

You would have thought that the risk of war and genocide would have rated a mention in his referendum pamphlet.

Did he not appraise the eu of these risks during his "negotiations".

...nobody knows what he achieved ...and that equals ...nothing....just about right for this failed 'party magician'.... :rolleyes:

As i said earlier he thinks he is God and cannot lose. He has all his life and he now assumes victory for the rest of his life. Someone who believes in themself to this degree is deluded rather than considering survival bias.

I'm not sure. PMs generally mouth words that are written for them by consultants. I think he knows he is brown bread if he loses the referendum. If you consider, to have a referendum at all was to halt the advance of UKIP and Tory defections. Probably an over reaction. Deluded? I don't know, I think he wasn't bright enough to think a few moves ahead. Even if he wins, the EU will punish him for putting their undemocratic impunity at risk.

So the more I think about it, the more interesting a point it becomes.

As a headline, as an OP title it's ludicrous. That said plenty on here seem to believe the endgame of all the economic lunacy will be war.

For me the question is what is the geopolitical effect of levering the UK away from Europe ?

Will it necessarily be accompanied by mwahaha Putinfinger stroking his white cat and 'strengthening ties' with certain European countries while d*cking around with gas supplies ?

Or is the UK irrelevant ? Perhaps it all rides on the strength of the Franco-German axis anyway and there is little the UK can actually contribute from within ?

After WAR, has George got any threats left?

UK being banned from Eurovision Song Contest? Or God forbid, Strictly Come Dancing cancelled?

Edited by juvenal