House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Buses And How They Show How Times Have Changed

Is there a Muslim Chat section or have I missed the House Price reference?

Fair comment. I think this is off topic.

Nice weather in Bradford this weekend then?

Hmmm. I didn't need to see this to have wondered whether all the accusations of anti Semitism in the Labour Party had actually gained them quite a few votes in a certain section of the community.

Er, I expected this thread to deliver lots of pictures of old buses - what a let-down it has been...!

Never mind though - these beauties should be enough to get the bus-spotters among you into a state of high arousal...

255829895.jpg

XYY

Er, I expected this thread to deliver lots of pictures of old buses - what a let-down it has been...!

Never mind though - these beauties should be enough to get the bus-spotters among you into a state of high arousal...

255829895.jpg

XYY

Is that an early experimental model? Never seen a bendy bus that had the front of a double decker before.

Hmmm. I didn't need to see this to have wondered whether all the accusations of anti Semitism in the Labour Party had actually gained them quite a few votes in a certain section of the community.

Ha ha! I have wondered this. :wacko: Just me being cynical.

is bus/train spotting to become part of the quintessencial "britishness" test for immigrants?

cricket seems a bit easy for the asian sub-continent.

that'll really sort out the men from the boys!!

sort of like ISIS' qu'ran test for real muslims.

need to also be proficient at morris dancing.

255829895.jpg

XYY

That pic takes me back. And every car in the pic is British.

I can even name every car. The one on the right is Eric.

255829895.jpg

XYY

Actually, I think that's my Aunt trying to ram the single-decker with her A35. She had something about 'fuzzy-wuzzy' bus conductors.

255829895.jpg

XYY

How about this beauty from the late Tillingbourne Valley bus company

They were still running these buses when I was a lad back in the 1970s

Spotters amongst you will note that it is a rebranded London Transport GS class from the 1950s

MXX%20367.jpg

These babies were built to last.

How about this beauty from the late Tillingbourne Valley bus company

They were still running these buses when I was a lad back in the 1970s

Spotters amongst you will note that it is a rebranded London Transport GS class from the 1950s

These babies were built to last.

Aye, there were RTs running on our local route, when I were a lad, You only got the RMs on Sunday.

Thread got me thinking about trolleybuses, I have this vague memory of catching the trolleybus into Derby when I was a nipper from the Midland Railway Station...so it must have ran til the late sixties at least using the old tram cables. Here it is at said station........

https://c5.staticflickr.com/5/4108/5193007716_72e400fcb2_b.jpg

The car parked behind the lorry is a Ford Anglia 105 launched 1962, so the photo is post then.

Trolley transport always sounds dangerous, as according to stories on philosophical websites the controllers are constantly faced with dangerous situations with intractable ethical dilemmas.