House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shindigger

The Cat Is Dead.

Sorry to hear that. We've lost a couple over the years (run over), absolutely devastating.

And I know most advice suggests not to replace them, I've found it's the best way to get over them (after an acceptable period of grieving, obviously).

My sympathies.

I cried when my old cat died. She had been with me for more than1/3 of my life, 19 years. Two houses, two marriages, same cat. I still have pictures of her in my front room.

Yer a soft bunch!! Once I had a cat friend who got run over. I miss the daft idiot.

Sorry to hear about the death of Benny Boy. I'm glad that he (and you) had 5 years of happiness together. Losing a cat friend is very hard.

My condolences.

I have never run over a cat, nor harmed one in any way.

Nevertheless some local cat takes revenge on automobiles on behalf of its species by scratching the bonnet of my car.

I guess it is attracted by the warmth emitted by the cooling engine.

I suspect it is trained by T-Cut to drum up trade.

Thanks all.

Had a call from the vet on sat am. A kind passer by took him home friday night, and then to the vets in the morning. A wondeful getsure. I will contact her through the vets in due course.

Ive had pets all my life, Retrievers and cats.

I have ALWAYS said to myself, and to others, get straight back on the bike, and find a great replacement. But thats always been at the end of an ilness, where you have time to prepare.

I am not ready to even contemplate that at the moment. I do have a 2 year old mental retriever to alleviate things to a degree.

I had Benny for 3 years, i got him from rescue in Salisbury when he was 2.

He was the most exceptional pet i have owned.

My condolences.

I have never run over a cat, nor harmed one in any way.

Nevertheless some local cat takes revenge on automobiles on behalf of its species by scratching the bonnet of my car.

I guess it is attracted by the warmth emitted by the cooling engine.

I suspect it is trained by T-Cut to drum up trade.

There's one that lives near my office and on sunny days selects one of over a hundred car bonnets and roofs to snooze on.

I was really pleased the other day when I saw him snoozing on mine and the muddy pawprints he left took me back to my last cat and his car climbing.

A horrible thing to happen, you have my sympathies. The biggest problem I've got with my cat is only wondering if she's really been spayed despite the rescue centre saying that she had. There's a tomcat hanging around pestering her a lot (I've locked the catflap to keep her in for the time being). Much less to worry about though.

Thanks all.

Had a call from the vet on sat am. A kind passer by took him home friday night, and then to the vets in the morning. A wondeful getsure. I will contact her through the vets in due course.

Ive had pets all my life, Retrievers and cats.

I have ALWAYS said to myself, and to others, get straight back on the bike, and find a great replacement. But thats always been at the end of an ilness, where you have time to prepare.

I am not ready to even contemplate that at the moment. I do have a 2 year old mental retriever to alleviate things to a degree.

I had Benny for 3 years, i got him from rescue in Salisbury when he was 2.

He was the most exceptional pet i have owned.

It's difficult, I know. I have lost a few cats over the years but Millie, the one before last was the hardest to cope with. I was just bereft for 2 years and another cat plus a puppy didn't fill the gap. I took on 2 kittens 7 months ago, they are now 9 months and an absolute joy. All loses are sad but some are most definitely harder to deal with than others. I dread the thought of not having 'the girls' about now.

You should always get male cats, as they are more friendly. Although lady cats like to sit on blokes. :huh:

Mt beautiful Benny boy. 5 years old.

Hit by a car on Friday night.

Am in pieces.

So sad to hear that...such a sad loss, have lived through the same, don't blame yourself....better to have loved and lost, than never loved at all.

I tried to slow down but the wee tabby fecker wasn't having it.

Mrs XYY decided we were having a cat about 15 months ago. I had only ever had dogs so assumed they'd be very similar - how wrong I was....!!!

It has been a journey for me - having to learn "cat" - but well worth it. They really are the most fascinating creatures.

You have my sympathy and best wishes at this time shinny.

XYY