House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPin

Mrpin's New Boxed Set

I watched it on TV in the 90s. Good blokey adventures, with some wenches thrown in. I look forward to watching it again.

I watched it on TV in the 90s. Good blokey adventures, with some wenches thrown in. I look forward to watching it again.

Me too! The airship scenes and skating nuns were excellent!

Er, yeah but what is it...?

XYY

Sharpe you fool! You didn't see the subtitle in the heading.

You are not renowned for your subtitlety.

I did put the word "Sharpe" in the small print.

Sharpe you fool! You didn't see the subtitle in the heading.

I'm currently riding the net on a seven-inch android tablet Pinny.

I can't find the teletext button never mind the friggin' subtitles...!

;)

XYY

Sharpe's friend the Irish Sargeant,

Was that multi barelled musket a real weapon from that period or was it just a prop from the series?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nock_gun

There might be some truth in it?

Are there any motorcycles in it ?

Btw, my bike arrives tomorrow just in time for rain.

I hope you haven't bought a poovey colour. No of course there are no motorcycles in it. It's all about fighting Napolean.

Are there any motorcycles in it ?

Btw, my bike arrives tomorrow just in time for rain.

You need to watch Boon...I think there's plenty of motorcycling action in that...

You need to watch Boon...I think there's plenty of motorcycling action in that...

Boon didn't drive a motorcycle, as he liked to drink too much.

And what's wrong with that like? Are you calling Michael Elphick a poof...?

He may have enjoyed the odd shandy Pinny, but he was a versatile, professional actor who had a marvellous range and could never be typecast.

From playing a thuggish alcoholic in "Boon" with a Brummie accent, to playing an alcoholic thug with an Irish accent in "Auf Wiedersehen Pet", Michael was always 100% believable - no matter how diverse the role...

;)

XYY

It was Rocky who was the hedonist motorcyclist..

He may have enjoyed the odd shandy Pinny, but he was a versatile, professional actor who had a marvellous range and could never be typecast.

From playing a thuggish alcoholic in "Boon" with a Brummie accent, to playing an alcoholic thug with an Irish accent in "Auf Wiedersehen Pet", Michael was always 100% believable - no matter how diverse the role...

;)

XYY

The marvel of "acting", eh?

It was Rocky who was the hedonist motorcyclist..

And had a Norton, a labour of love. :wacko:

;)

XYY

http://www.b3ta.com/questions/celebrities/post539223

Since this is apocraphyl, I'm not quite sure it fits in this qotw, but as a celeb story I like it, so tough. As an actor you quickly get to hear who the utter arseholes are and less often who the nice ones are.
There's a lovely story that I heard about Sean Connery from another actor I know, on the 1979 film The Great Train Robbery.
It centres around Michael Elphick who used to be Boon in the 80s and in the last few years of his life was a regular on Eastenders. Elphick was a legendary boozer and his alcohol problems almost certainly contributed to his early death.
Anyhoo, on the set of this film, he arrives one morning with a stinking hangover, having been in the hotel bar most of the night and he doesn't know his lines - at all. Now this is bad, very bad. If you hold up filming because you've been on the sauce all night and you're a small part, you'll probably cost the production a lot of money.
Result is you'll get fired and the damage to your reputation as a professional doesn't bear thinking about. So understandably, Elphick as well as feeling like shit is slightly nervous. He arrives on set stinking like a brewery, says hello to Connery who acknowledges him with a slightly surprised glance, and then he quickly tries to knuckle down to get his lines in.
Half an hour later he's on set for a scene with Connery and he's shitting himself. Scene starts, Elphick gets his first couple of lines out and then... miracle of miracles... Connery screws up!
2nd take, Connery stumbles through his first lines, Elphick gets through his next couple of lines, and then Connery does it again - dries like an 8 year old doing the school Christmas show.
3rd take, 4th take, 5th take and the same thing keeps happening, they get a little bit further each time and then Connery keeps screwing up - to the extent that he's starting to look like an amateur.
Elphick meanwhile is starting to get on top of his lines and is thinking that Connery really isn't all that impressive as an actor, but, hey, he's the star so what can you do?
After another few fruitless takes, Connery apologises to the cast and crew, and asks if he can take a break for 20 minutes to get his head sorted, and when they come back, they'll do the scene in a take and be done with it.
Elphick can't believe his luck, and so goes outside for a quick coffee and cigarette. As he's stubbing his fag out round one of the backs of the trailers, Connery walks round the corner and says 'Alright Michael, do you think you know your lines now?'
Connery had deliberately screwed up every single take to help Michael Elphick out and save his reputation. Connery as the huge star could get away with it. So, if anyone gives you any nasty gossip about Sean Connery, don't believe a word - they don't come much nicer.

And had a Norton, a labour of love. :wacko:

So did Evel Knievel.

Whereas his lesser-known twin-brother - Good Knievel - had a Triumph Bonneville T120

XYY

I've just finished the Black Sails box set and quite liked it. Recommended for anyone not still catching up from the nineties.

I've just finished the Black Sails box set and quite liked it. Recommended for anyone not still catching up from the nineties.

Was not bad i binge watched it over the wet bank holiday weekend along with making a murderer ....the square eyes have just about healed now

I tried Black Sails season 1, but couldn't get past the fact that pretty much the whole thing had been shot in a warehouse against a blue screen, it was even worse that Spartacus in that respect. I think it's worth spending money on real locations and sets.

Sean Bean....they wanted him for Galdiator, as you can see when Voldermortus Maximus puts his helmet on...et voila, Sean Bean.