House Price Crash Forum

Labour Set To Take London

rollover

My ilk lol.

Fair enough. To be honest, the me of 10 years ago would be pretty horrified of my own political views today. But as time goes on, as I learn more about Islam, as I see what its doing and has done to places not just in Europe, but everywhere, I simply cant condone further Islamization of any kind. Maybe Khan is a nice enough chap (although the company he keeps would suggest otherwise), but theres lots of nice chaps in Pakistan. It doesnt take all that many not very nice chaps to turn that country into a failed state.

Write it off as prejudice if you want, but bear in mind very few people have issues with Hindus, sikhs, chinese and non-muslim africans. Muslims have been here as long as the others. The others simply havent created the problems muslims have. If they were going to have integrated, it would have happened by now. People arent wary about Muslims for the sake of being wary of them, its the constant, daily, heinous atrocities committed in the name of Allah.

Im not exactly sure how Goldsmith is anymore divisive than Khan. Khan even shares platforms with clerics who want to discriminate against other muslims.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/03/the-questions-nobody-wants-to-ask-about-asad-shahs-murder-2/

Fair enough - its a typical if unnecessary political trajectory. But as an Islamophobe, you can't seriously hope to spread peace and prosperity around the world by insisting Khan is a divisive extremist when...well he isn't ?

Best caveat that though, pretty obvious Goldsmiths team also was also hoping that Khan could be divisive in the electorate (yes that means hoping to be divisive by er painting Khan as divisive). They must have had some evidence - maybe posters on forums lol? - or somebody will be getting sacked in the morning...

Personally I'm more for the Londonification of Muslims, + right wing tory extremists by the sounds of it. Nothing is guaranteed of course, and if Executive Sadman Ilk Inc. keep chipping away you might well happily end up with a self-fulfilling prophecy. :)

Andrew Boff is a senior Conservative proving xenophobia isn't the nailed on trajectory for ageing minds. He is also not the only one to mention that there seems to be a discrepancy between Goldsmith as a politician and whoever is running his campaign:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don;t mind policies being copied either, so long as they are good. These policies are awful and actually erode security of tenure further, yet are deliberately spun as an improvement. Goldsmith nicked the shittest rental reform policy, well from the point of view of a tenant at least.

You think ? So how does this compare to how the Europeans do it ?

I'd be interested (in Khans version) what happens after 6 months. Would landlords habitually turf out tenants or would turfing tenants out every 6 months be a ludicrous way of chasing rent rises ?

Write it off as prejudice if you want, but bear in mind very few people have issues with Hindus, sikhs, chinese and non-muslim africans. Muslims have been here as long as the others. The others simply havent created the problems muslims have. If they were going to have integrated, it would have happened by now. People arent wary about Muslims for the sake of being wary of them, its the constant, daily, heinous atrocities committed in the name of Allah.

People who want to spread hatred, mistrust, and violence will always find a way. The label is irrelevant. The fact is, there are over a billion Muslims in the world. If it were intrinsically violent, we wouldn't be here to have this conversation. Britain First, UKIP, the BNP are all just the same as the people you claim to despise; they simply exist in a (so far) more peaceful, stable situation, which makes their vile radicalism harder to spread. Sadly, we're going down that road. People like you are their pawns.

You think ? So how does this compare to how the Europeans do it ?

I'd be interested (in Khans version) what happens after 6 months. Would landlords habitually turf out tenants or would turfing tenants out every 6 months be a ludicrous way of chasing rent rises ?

It's a fact that Labour and Goldsmith's policies erode security of tenure, specifically be creating new ways to turf people out where none existed before, or by degrading some routes to eviction from requiring court orders to simply serving an S21. The 3 or 5 year tenancy spin is misleading. The proposals put everyone on a (degraded) 6 month AST.

Speculating as to whether a person acts on it or not is really an irrelevance. If the clauses are there, they will be used by some. And of course, the peace of mind element is not to be undervalued too. It's not all about rises either, it's about the extent to which someone can reasonably be expected to participate in a community when they know their landlord can whang them out for essentially no reason whatsoever.

A new era resident published a critique of the policy along similar lines, it's not just me who believes this.

I don't really care how things are done on the continent. This is shit and should not be made shitter. End of.

Edited by The Knimbies who say No

Fair enough - its a typical if unnecessary political trajectory. But as an Islamophobe, you can't seriously hope to spread peace and prosperity around the world by insisting Khan is a divisive extremist when...well he isn't ?

Best caveat that though, pretty obvious Goldsmiths team also was also hoping that Khan could be divisive in the electorate (yes that means hoping to be divisive by er painting Khan as divisive). They must have had some evidence - maybe posters on forums lol? - or somebody will be getting sacked in the morning...

Personally I'm more for the Londonification of Muslims, + right wing tory extremists by the sounds of it. Nothing is guaranteed of course, and if Executive Sadman Ilk Inc. keep chipping away you might well happily end up with a self-fulfilling prophecy. :)

Andrew Boff is a senior Conservative proving xenophobia isn't the nailed on trajectory for ageing minds. He is also not the only one to mention that there seems to be a discrepancy between Goldsmith as a politician and whoever is running his campaign:

Why is it an irrational 'phobia' when history shows just what muslims are, what they do?

You can't have peace with Islam. You either are muslim, or you are a target. There is no 'with' You are dead, or you are an affront to them. You cant make peace with that.

Its either the house of Islam (Dar al-Islam), or the House of War (Dar al-Harb) You are either muslim, or you are a target. For you to accuse me of not wanting to spread peace is missing the point. Peace is not an option. Any society facing a muslim society knows that. If you allow Islam in, you cannot have peace. Its central to Islamic doctrine. Thus, we must treat Islam just as we would treat Nazism (or fundamentalist christianity) Mock it, ostracize its followers at first, if that doesn't work, obviously commensurate reactions are required.

If you want to put my mind at rest, answer me.

What societies throughout history have ever benefited from allowing muslims in?

What majority Muslim nations now are free, easy places to live in that tolerate others? Turkey is hanging on by its fingernails. Dubai has many intolerant laws. Where else is there?

When have muslims ever not completely taken over a society, if not by jihad, by birth rates? Has anywhere been 40% Muslim for a durable basis. 50%? 60%?

When have muslims ever helped christians en masse...they keep telling us to let in their immigrants, would they do the same for us? Have they ever before?

Im a realist, not an ideologue. I'll treat people not how I want to be treated, but how history best shows they would treat me. History shows, given the opportunity, Muslims would treat me like crap.

As a muslim, has to be viewed as a threat to infidels. No other position is sensible (and ahmadis too, it seems) Maybe he comes across friendly enough (he is a lawyer afterall, paid essentially to convince people of things that are hard to believe), but lies to pull the wool over the non-muslim are allowed, sanctioned even.

And, again, If you think its simple 'xenophobia', why is it just Muslims the world is hostile to?

Hitler didnt exactly 'just' hate the Jews, did he. The Roma, Slavs, blacks, all hated. But then if you cant see the absurdity of disliking people tied by ideology, I guess I shouldnt really expect an explanation.

People who want to spread hatred, mistrust, and violence will always find a way. The label is irrelevant. The fact is, there are over a billion Muslims in the world. If it were intrinsically violent, we wouldn't be here to have this conversation. Britain First, UKIP, the BNP are all just the same as the people you claim to despise; they simply exist in a (so far) more peaceful, stable situation, which makes their vile radicalism harder to spread. Sadly, we're going down that road. People like you are their pawns.

Deaths in the name of Allah: millions

Deaths in the name of Nick Griffin: Err...

It if wasnt violent, if it wasnt evil, you wouldnt see things like 4 men required to agree that a women has been raped before she might be believed.

Exactly what positives do you think Islam offers us?

It's a fact that Labour and Goldsmith's policies erode security of tenure, specifically be creating new ways to turf people out where none existed before, or by degrading some routes to eviction from requiring court orders to simply serving an S21. The 3 or 5 year tenancy spin is misleading. The proposals put everyone on a (degraded) 6 month AST.

Speculating as to whether a person acts on it or not is really an irrelevance. If the clauses are there, they will be used by some. And of course, the peace of mind element is not to be undervalued too. It's not all about rises either, it's about the extent to which someone can reasonably be expected to participate in a community when they know their landlord can whang them out for essentially no reason whatsoever.

A new era resident published a critique of the policy along similar lines, it's not just me who believes this.

I don't really care how things are done on the continent. This is shit and should not be made shitter. End of.

Well - will have to check that critique out.

Security of tenure is what many other European countries have managed - it's a pertinent question as to how we've ended up a basket case while others haven't.

Yes the 6 month kick out clause (I note it's not mentioned in the Goldsmith snippet) will get used. That's er why it's there ? Speculating as to whether it's worth Landlords misusing is the question. That'll be a lot of admin and void periods. But if so are there simple measures that could prevent this ? Perhaps not. Perhaps on the continent it's been found this protection to the Landlord is overall of little practical worth.

Well - will have to check that critique out.

Security of tenure is what many other European countries have managed - it's a pertinent question as to how we've ended up a basket case while others haven't.

Yes the 6 month kick out clause (I note it's not mentioned in the Goldsmith snippet) will get used. That's er why it's there ? Speculating as to whether it's worth Landlords misusing is the question. That'll be a lot of admin and void periods. But if so are there simple measures that could prevent this ? Perhaps not. Perhaps on the continent it's been found this protection to the Landlord is overall of little practical worth.

Yes, apologies for arsey tone in my last post, only just read it back to myself and it's a bit terse.Trying to do too many things at once. I couldn't find the new era resident's critique, more of a rant, before, but here it is:

http://www.generationrent.org/the_reality_of_labour_s_housing_policy

I suppose in the UK the prevailing view, which is incorrect, is that their ought to be some parity regarding notice periods for tenants and landlords alike. The reason this is incorect is that it is much worse to lose one's home than it is to lose tenants from your investment property, who in paying a market rate by definition are replaceable.

Yes, apologies for arsey tone in my last post, only just read it back to myself and it's a bit terse.Trying to do too many things at once. I couldn't find the new era resident's critique, more of a rant, before, but here it is:

http://www.generationrent.org/the_reality_of_labour_s_housing_policy

I suppose in the UK the prevailing view, which is incorrect, is that their ought to be some parity regarding notice periods for tenants and landlords alike. The reason this is incorect is that it is much worse to lose one's home than it is to lose tenants from your investment property, who in paying a market rate by definition are replaceable.

Thats a fair point. The generation rent article is a bit OTT, but some interesting points made and I think ultimately they are angling for something more substantial. Perhaps reducing the 6 months and allowing a 'free' notice to leave month would mean the Landlord would REALLY have to have a good reason to get rid of the tenants.

First post, despite reading this forum for years!

This response (and numerous others like it on this thread) have reinforced my view, decency still persists on this island.

And incase you haven't guessed it, I am a Muslim refugee, but now I am proud citizen and part of generation rent.

A plague on both their houses.

But I shan't be sorry if Khan wins. That's more a comment on the disgraceful behaviour of his opponents than on anything he stands for.

Unfortunately for Labour the UK does not begin and end at London. Their performance against a completely lacklustre divided lame duck Tory administration led by a Prime Minister who increasingly looks uninterested in the job was insipid at best and in Scotland little short of catastrophic.

Can you blame labour for Scotland? Or do they just want their own people in charge?

This response (and numerous others like it on this thread) have reinforced my view, decency still persists on this island.

And incase you haven't guessed it, I am a Muslim refugee, but now I am proud citizen and part of generation rent.

Welcome to the forum and hopefully your second post will be not so long in the making!

People are probably reading too much significance into the mayoral election. Goldsmith ran a dire campaign for the Tories but the result really was nailed on for Khan given the way London voted in last year's General Election. The GLA results for Labour in the capital were not anywhere near as impressive as Khans victory. They won just one extra constituency and when it came to dividing up the additional London wide seats they appear to have got no more than the Tories. In fact UKIP now have 2 GLA members despite people saying they were never going to have any seats in the capital.

If Labour want to win a General Election they need to do much better than this result particularly when up against such a weak and divided governing party. Even the Guardian commentators recognise that fact

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/06/local-elections-2016-winners-losers-labour-conservatives-snp

I personally think British politics is fragmenting and the rifts appear ing in both the major parties are a sign that they may not be around in their current form much longer.

Edited by stormymonday_2011

If Labour want to win a General Election they need to do much better than this result particularly when up against such a weak and divided governing party. Even the Guardian commentators recognise that fact

I personally think British politics is fragmenting and the rifts appear ing in both the major parties are a sign that they may not be around in their current form much longer.

Both parties richly deserve to lose. Neither is fit to govern.

It's a phenomenon not unique to this country. Look at Trump/Clinton for a pair of candidates who are probably (objectively speaking) even worse than ours.

That brings with it a danger of something yet worse making advances, just because it's different and people are blind to its horrors. Corbyn is different and untested in our times, but doesn't really count 'cos he's too weak to lead his own party. Trump the megalomaniac property tycoon looks more dangerous.

There are (at least) two private renters elected to the London Assembly now. Sian Berry for the Green Party and Tom Copley (Labour).

That is an interesting little fact in its own right.

The rise of the private renter demographic is a fact with which all parties are going to have to come to terms. More so given that London is one of the crucial swing areas that a party has to take at a General Election if they want to form a government.

It should be noted that Labour's performance in the other local authority elections was generally better in the South where rising house prices and private rents are now rippling out from the capital than in the industrial north. The Tories are going to have to start to addressing this matter fast or they are going to be in trouble themselves in this region. Simply building more property to be snapped up by BTL landlords is not going to negate this risk by 2020. I think an HPC is now a political necessity the problem is that government s on power when they occur don't necessarily do well at the polls.

Edited by stormymonday_2011

I'm pleased to see SK winning the London election, for the reasons outlined above. It appears that the boomers have not had their way on this one... Hopefully.

I'm also please, and that is said as a fairly avid Conservative supporter.

It's fair to say Sadiq is actually a much more moderate and statesman like person than Zac Goldsmith.

The Conservative campaign was far to negative and divisive, sometimes sounding more like something you'd have expected from the BNP trying to sound moderate. Now I get why this may have happened, as parties know historically that negative campaigning works, but I think here the Conservative campaign was out of touch with the electorate aside from the bad taste - sometimes it comes down to the candidate to realise this, but clearly Zac is too elevated above life to have realised this, and ultimately this lays blame in his lap.

I have long held a view that the Conservatives under Cameron are somewhat out of touch or will seem out of touch - I've always been a David Davis fan. But to be honest, whilst Cameron may have gathered negative impressions from his elite education and affluent family, I think his support from the public and the general view of his leadership has improved somewhat overtime - indeed he does seem more down to earth than we may have thought. So on the back of that it seems completely illogical to have opted for a candidate like Mr Goldsmith who is clearly 30-100 times more elite than the current leadership.

On the question of Zac challenging Sadiq on some of his associations/shared platforms - this to me looks more like Sadiq trying to work with the community, and less say having dodgy sympathies or even like Blair meeting Gaddafi. On the flip side, the Candidate that actually seems to have held more extreme views is Goldsmith; certainly I couldn't stomach some of his fairly extreme green policies and his views on Heathrow expansion would clearly do more damage to the UK economy than AQ/IS could ever hope to muster,

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

I'm also please, and that is said as a fairly avid Conservative supporter.

It's fair to say Sadiq is actually a much more moderate and statesman like person than Zac Goldsmith.

Are you serious? He tried to stop Babar Ahmad from being deported.

Look at what another Asian (so no racial bias here says)http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/05/03/london-is-about-to-elect-a-muslim-mayor-who-has-defended-islamists-911-terrorists-and-who-is-endorsed-by-anti-semites/

ondon Is About To Elect A Muslim Mayor Who Has Defended Islamists, 9/11 Terrorists, And Who Is Endorsed By Anti-Semites

Why did you not chose to live in Dar Al Islam? Very few Christian or secular refugees chose to move to Islamic countries (and if they are converting from Islam would probably not even live in countries with any Muslims if recent stories from Germany are true).

Just out of interest, no offence intended.

Are you serious? He tried to stop Babar Ahmad from being deported.

Look at what another Asian (so no racial bias here says)http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/05/03/london-is-about-to-elect-a-muslim-mayor-who-has-defended-islamists-911-terrorists-and-who-is-endorsed-by-anti-semites/

Have you watched "Bridge of Spies" yet?

Seriously, even if we despise the accused and what they may stand for, they still need defending in legal terms. Unless of course we want to move the French legal system.

Katie Hopkins has said she will follow through on her promise to streak naked through the streets of London with a sausage up her bottom following Sadiq Khan’s historic election as mayor.
The professional provocateur, who is famed for her acerbic opinions, pledged to undertake the bizarre stunt in the event Khan was elected.
In a reference to Khan’s Muslim religion, Hopkins confirmed that she would perform the ritual, but only with Halal-sourced meat.

Bad news all round.

Source :- http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/katie-hopkins-confims-she-will-run-naked-through-london-after-sadiq-khans-election-as-mayor_uk_572e4a6fe4b0e6da49a65edb?qjz9ia6js71u4n29

Sheer numbers mean the end of what we would recognise as democracy.

Have you watched "Bridge of Spies" yet?

Seriously, even if we despise the accused and what they may stand for, they still need defending in legal terms. Unless of course we want to move the French legal system.

No,

I agree with you about defending those who we despise, the problem was that Khan didn't want Babar Ahmad defended, he didn't want him to face judgement in court - a big difference.

Also how many Labour MPs have complained about Tommy Robinson being prosecuted and the case being dismissed?

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/04/14/tommy-robinson-walks-free-from-court-judge-slams-police-persecution/

If he only got the same support as Muslim terrorists.

(I am not saying I agree with him, but there is a balant double standard here).