House Price Crash Forum

Labour Set To Take London

rollover

HOLA441

Goldsmith is in favour of overseas money to build more rental property. Khan wants to ensure that all new property is marketed in the UK before being opened to overseas investors.

The former policy seems more sensible. Forcing properties to be marketed in the UK first will just encourage more stupid asking prices.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

a man with born with gold spoon in his mouth and a near muslim extremist as only candites. not much of choice for the white working class in london

Rubbish. You'll find that white people are as intelligent as any other colour and being working class does not mean a limited understanding of politics.

If you think Khan is a Muslim extremist your best bet is Goldsmith or the BNP.

HOLA445

As I don't live in London I don't give two hoots about either of the candidates... but I'd like Labour to win purely to put the wind-up the Tories to get them to do more about BTL (remove the last of the tax breaks). Ideally they'd do something about property flippers, sorry developers, as well.

First time I read this I thought it was a bit optimistic, but actually you might be right. As it happens while I'm not convinced Khan really knows what to do about housing it was high on his agenda. If Goldsmith gets thrashed, the Conservatives might be forced to ditch the dodgy tactics and take housing seriously.

HOLA446

Hopefully we get Khan and that'll do enough to ensure that JC stays at the helm until the GE.

Suits the tories to have JC in charge. Especially as the electorate will be able to see Momentum at work and draw the obvious conclusions.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Rubbish. You'll find that white people are as intelligent as any other colour and being working class does not mean a limited understanding of politics.

'Moderate' Muslim is bad enough. After all the terror attacks and grooming scandals, and silence from the 'moderate' Muslim community, anyone non-muslim voting for him needs their heads checked. Theres no such thing as a liberal, diverse, Muslim society. London will slowly reflect that.

Not in London, but if I was, I wouldnt be voting.

HOLA449

I was berated for saying that at work yesterday. I was told that voting should be made compulsory like in Australia. I argued how can you vote for something you don't agree with. All ballot papers should have none of the above option.

Edited by GloomMonger

HOLA4410

Muslim is enough...What religion is Goldsmith?

there you go...Islam...front and centre.

HOLA4411

I think anyone who uses the word "Uncle Tom" to describe Muslims more moderate than himself is an extremist. Can you imagine a white politician calling other whites "****** lover" and having a career left? (And quite right too I must add).

Khan also campaigned to stop Babar Ahmad going to the US - and not because he wanted him shot for treason.

Edited by iamnumerate

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Well looks like the Tube drivers will be rubbing their hands in anticipation of some nice pay rises soon....

I thought one of Khan's pledges was no fares increases during his term. With TFLs current budget they'll struggle to find increases without it impinging on services. I am old enough to have lived through Livingstone's Fares Fair debacle. Trust me the tube is now a very tight fiscal ship.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

To claim that Islam has nothing to do with it, is a bit of a blow. I didn't expect to see it on this forum anyway.

It clearly doesn't. The fact is that Goldsmith played the man not the ball and that's why he's on track to lose it.

If Goldsmith had run such a toxic campaign against any other candidate of any other religion, he would be in the same situation

That isn't because there are a large number of Muslim voters or Muslim sympathisers in London. It's because most people are generally pretty tolerant and cosmopolitan in London and don't like to see the kind of dog whistle politics Goldsmith indulged in here.

And this is coming from someone who would ordinarily have voted for a Tory mayor (I abstained this time round)

HOLA4418

'Moderate' Muslim is bad enough. After all the terror attacks and grooming scandals, and silence from the 'moderate' Muslim community, anyone non-muslim voting for him needs their heads checked. Theres no such thing as a liberal, diverse, Muslim society. London will slowly reflect that.

Well perhaps Goldsmith wasn't underestimating Londoners after all, and was addressing people of your ilk, we'll see later today.

Most of the (predominantly white non-Muslim) Londoners I know see Goldsmith as a divisive f*ckwit and Khan as simply a typical Labour Londoner standing for Mayor. We like a sociable diverse London, not a place breaking apart either through terror or the Goldsmiths of this world.

Only anecdotal of course: there could be people I don't realise are secretly fantasising on Muslim terror and paedophillia.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

First time I read this I thought it was a bit optimistic, but actually you might be right. As it happens while I'm not convinced Khan really knows what to do about housing it was high on his agenda. If Goldsmith gets thrashed, the Conservatives might be forced to ditch the dodgy tactics and take housing seriously.

Worth reminding ourselves that Goldsmith's housing policies (regarding renters at least) looked very familiar...

Zac_Housing.jpg

Labour manifesto from 2015:

Labour_Housing.jpg

Spot the difference.....?

Edited by The Knimbies who say No

HOLA4421

Worth reminding ourselves that Goldsmith's housing policies (regarding renters at least) looked very familiar...

Zac_Housing.jpg

Labour manifesto from 2015:

Labour_Housing.jpg

Spot the difference.....?

Genuinely I don't really mind if policies are nicked - if all I knew about the candidates were those two quotes I might happily vote for Goldsmith.

I'd propose that the debates on security of tenure are kind of over - it is necessary, we don't have it,so let's sort it. Further, it's a way of addressing a great part of the housing crisis that allows you to side-step the rather more controvertial issue of hpi - at least for the time being. Done - next ?

A subtler consideration is 'direction of travel' or coherence: is it a cut and paste vote grab or part of an overall carefully considered set of policies designed to move from A to B ?

HOLA4422

A plague on both their houses.

But I shan't be sorry if Khan wins. That's more a comment on the disgraceful behaviour of his opponents than on anything he stands for.

I find it very interesting that all of the members with pork-related names are hoping the muslim candidate wins. :ph34r:

HOLA4423

I thought one of Khan's pledges was no fares increases during his term. With TFLs current budget they'll struggle to find increases without it impinging on services. I am old enough to have lived through Livingstone's Fares Fair debacle. Trust me the tube is now a very tight fiscal ship.

All the Tube drivers have to do is to threaten to strike and he'll cave in like a wet paper bag. At least Boris attempted to stand up to them.

HOLA4424

Genuinely I don't really mind if policies are nicked - if all I knew about the candidates were those two quotes I might happily vote for Goldsmith.

I'd propose that the debates on security of tenure are kind of over - it is necessary, we don't have it,so let's sort it. Further, it's a way of addressing a great part of the housing crisis that allows you to side-step the rather more controvertial issue of hpi - at least for the time being. Done - next ?

A subtler consideration is 'direction of travel' or coherence: is it a cut and paste vote grab or part of an overall carefully considered set of policies designed to move from A to B ?

I don;t mind policies being copied either, so long as they are good. These policies are awful and actually erode security of tenure further, yet are deliberately spun as an improvement. Goldsmith nicked the shittest rental reform policy, well from the point of view of a tenant at least.

HOLA4425

Well perhaps Goldsmith wasn't underestimating Londoners after all, and was addressing people of your ilk, we'll see later today.

Most of the (predominantly white non-Muslim) Londoners I know see Goldsmith as a divisive f*ckwit and Khan as simply a typical Labour Londoner standing for Mayor. We like a sociable diverse London, not a place breaking apart either through terror or the Goldsmiths of this world.

Only anecdotal of course: there could be people I don't realise are secretly fantasising on Muslim terror and paedophillia.

My ilk lol.

Fair enough. To be honest, the me of 10 years ago would be pretty horrified of my own political views today. But as time goes on, as I learn more about Islam, as I see what its doing and has done to places not just in Europe, but everywhere, I simply cant condone further Islamization of any kind. Maybe Khan is a nice enough chap (although the company he keeps would suggest otherwise), but theres lots of nice chaps in Pakistan. It doesnt take all that many not very nice chaps to turn that country into a failed state.

Write it off as prejudice if you want, but bear in mind very few people have issues with Hindus, sikhs, chinese and non-muslim africans. Muslims have been here as long as the others. The others simply havent created the problems muslims have. If they were going to have integrated, it would have happened by now. People arent wary about Muslims for the sake of being wary of them, its the constant, daily, heinous atrocities committed in the name of Allah.

Im not exactly sure how Goldsmith is anymore divisive than Khan. Khan even shares platforms with clerics who want to discriminate against other muslims.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/03/the-questions-nobody-wants-to-ask-about-asad-shahs-murder-2/