House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Ailing Hugo Boss To Cut Rent Costs, Focus On Menswear

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-hugo-boss-results-idUKKCN0XU0BD

German fashion house Hugo Boss (BOSSn.DE) will seek to cut costs by renegotiating rents, shutting stores and shifting marketing spending back to its core menswear business after quarterly sales and profits fell short of expectations.

Former Chief Executive Claus-Dietrich Lahrs took a brand known for its sharp men's suits more upmarket, opened hundreds of stores around the world and put a bigger focus on womenwear, teaming up with designer Jason Wu in 2013.

Are the rents too high?

Aspirational brands should pay aspirational rents.

---

1.png

Interestingly, the stock price chart, gives us a clue as to where the global economy is going......

Edited by 200p

Younger London professionals spunking 50% or more on rent means less to spend on pointlessly expensive suits. Replicate in altogether too many cities and this is what you get.

Probably, you'll all be shocked to discover I haven't done any proper analysis on this.

Maybe they should improve the quality back to what it was 10 years ago, and more people may but the stuff.

+1...I stopped buying their suits about 8 years ago - quality went downhill rapidly in my view

Maybe they should improve the quality back to what it was 10 years ago, and more people may but the stuff.

F**** spot on bought three suits in a sale about a year ago, have to keep checking the label thought it was me shocking pieces of Tat

There's one near me which is always empty and has been for years. Must be a great place to work. Plain T-shirts are £50 each made of wafer thin material, can't imagine they last for a few washes. What's the point opening hundreds of stores when only 0.00001% of the population are going to pay so much for such crap just for a label nobody is going to see?

Or as Roger Daltrey might have put it, "Make the new Boss, same as the old Boss."

Younger London professionals spunking 50% or more on rent means less to spend on pointlessly expensive suits. Replicate in altogether too many cities and this is what you get.

Probably, you'll all be shocked to discover I haven't done any proper analysis on this.

Must be this. See my signature.