House Price Crash Forum

How Long For The Uk ? ..living With The Dead On Manila’S North Cemetery

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Housing in manila is pretty bad for many, many people if not most...makes beds in sheds look like luxury. If anyone is interested I'll post some photos.

yes please .

I rememner watching a couple of shocking docs, one on pag pag & insect eating there.

The other on how the Catholic church had taken control, banned abortion & targeted back street abortionists women were forced to use. The women were terrified of having more kids they could not feed, like in victiorain times

[DOCUMENTARY] Pagpag : Meal of the Day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whIB-fU9xVg

HOLA447

Wages for eg a maid for the day is around 500 peso. About 6 or 7 quid.

A box of corn flakes is about 300peso. A local beer about 35.

Mostly the shops for locals sell things like toothpaste or shampoo in single use portions. The idea of buying an entire bottle of shampoo being something for people with way too much money.

Last night from our bedroom window we watched a fire ripping up a local neighborhood. The slums often burn usually for developers. Junk shops are literally that. Selling plastic bags, old newspaper and empty cans. Almost no one paints their shacks... bare cinder block is deriguer. Windows are a luxury. As is seeing the doctor. For a large number of people there is no point seeing the doc when they are I'll even if they could afford the days wages to see one...they simply could not afford the medicines anyway.

Life in the uk seems so...soft.

HOLA448

I work with a few guys fun the Philippines. Despite being adults they all speak like kids. One acts like one too quite a bit? Odd culture. The guys in the supplier office in Manila seem wedded to their jobs Japanese style 12 hour days every day?

HOLA449

Good jobs that pay well are hard to get and hard to keep. There are lots of people who behave in ways you might associate with childhood or teens at least. GIVEN the hardship of so many lives the sheer level of frivolity and joyfulNess exhibited is quite astounding... especially when compared to places in England and it's immediate neighbours.

Archived