House Price Crash Forum

Dealing With Cold Callers

porca misèria

HOLA441

Yeah, cos it's great to show your superiority and power by taking the p!ss out of people trying to make a living

Just politely decline - chuggers and the like annoy me, but I just tell them I don't give at the door and wish them a good day

I have a polite sign on my door explaining that sales-people are not welcome.

If they knock, then it is they that are taking the piss and I simply respond in kind.

I am also registered with the Telephone Preference Service, and have a phone that blocks most of the tele-sales chimps. If one of them actually gets through then I proper have their life too for the same reason.

Anyway, what area of sales of do you work in then knock-out...?

;)

XYY

HOLA442

Yeah, cos it's great to show your superiority and power by taking the p!ss out of people trying to make a living

Just politely decline - chuggers and the like annoy me, but I just tell them I don't give at the door and wish them a good day

in my case, I am on the telephone preference list and have no time for any cold caller spiv pretending, like today, that she has a record that my non-existant washing machine warranty has expired and trying to sell me a new one.

She heard some Anglo-Saxon words from me.

HOLA443

in my case, I am on the telephone preference list and have no time for any cold caller spiv pretending, like today, that she has a record that my non-existant washing machine warranty has expired and trying to sell me a new one.

I was told you were in a car accident that wasn't your fault. Is that right?

HOLA444

Not so much 'cold calling' as 'doorstep chuggers' but seeing as Mr Pin brought it up, I had a guy from some charity knock on the door at 18:45, while I was serving up tea for the family (already late due to swimming lessons), so I answer the door.

Chugger: HELLO MY FRIEND! How are you toda.....

Me: Are you a charity caller?

Chugger: YES I CERTAINLY AM I AM FROM ......

Me: sorry I'm not intersested, thanks. (closes door)

Door about to click shut, and

Chugger: EXCUSE ME SIR!

Me: Opens door again..

Chugger: Could I ask why you aren't interested in starving children???

Yes and I struggle to afford to feed my own. Have you got a few quid for now and how do I go about getting a grant....

HOLA445

I was told you were in a car accident that wasn't your fault. Is that right?

I sometimes tell them I had a particularly gory accident with a unicyclist on the motorway, and I have impeccable witnesses, a minibus full of nuns.

It's fun to see how much of their time I can waste before the penny drops.

HOLA446

"I'm happy renting. You'd have to talk to the owner."

HOLA447

I have a polite sign on my door explaining that sales-people are not welcome.

If they knock, then it is they that are taking the piss and I simply respond in kind.

I am also registered with the Telephone Preference Service, and have a phone that blocks most of the tele-sales chimps. If one of them actually gets through then I proper have their life too for the same reason.

Anyway, what area of sales of do you work in then knock-out...?

;)

XYY

I don't sell anything - never have - don't think I have the personality, as I don't like engaging with total strangers (HPC excepted)

HOLA448

I liked the "Cold Callers" on Game of Thrones. I think you need to borrow Denise Targaeryon's dragons to get rid of them. :huh:

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Archived