House Price Crash Forum

The Littergram App - Share Images And Locations Of Littering.

Habeas Domus

HOLA441

Instagram has ordered the owner of a British anti-litter app to change its name.

Littergram invites people to share pictures of rubbish and report the location to their council.

Lawyers for the US photo-sharing giant, which was bought by Facebook for $1bn (£629m) in 2012, said the name was "not acceptable".

Owner Danny Lucas has sent Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg a video asking him not to "kill" his project.

Man, I am so sick of mega companies abusing the legal system to shutdown every company with an even vaguely similar name. They know that legally they don't have the right to do this, but they can just spend enough on legal threats to bankrupt the smaller company.

[Chief culprit in this kind of bullying is "easy jet", who will sue anyone who tries to use the word "easy" for anything]

So lets try and Streisberg this, by all downloading the app - available here for IoS or Android it's free

Maybe if they get enough supporters they will have some chance of fighting off the zuckerberg threats to a useful service.

HOLA442

It's rife in the industry. For example I've heard that Intel will have a go at you if you register a domain name with intel in it, even something daft like concrete-lintels. Doubt they would really get away with a complaint just because an app used the word gram but as you say they hope you will just give in.

Littergram sounds pretty pointless though, you can tell the council about litter without installing anything at all.

HOLA443

Littergram sounds pretty pointless though, you can tell the council about litter without installing anything at all.

Our council had a site to report it to. It didn't work last time I used it and they had no record of me reporting the rubbish.

I wonder how much they wasted on that.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I blame litter on Subway which recently opened up in the local filling station. You can now see paper coffee cups in every hedgrow.

HOLA448
HOLA449

It's rife in the industry. For example I've heard that Intel will have a go at you if you register a domain name with intel in it, even something daft like concrete-lintels. Doubt they would really get away with a complaint just because an app used the word gram but as you say they hope you will just give in.

How about registering powerhungryshitinside?

HOLA4410

Instagram has ordered the owner of a British anti-litter app to change its name.

Littergram invites people to share pictures of rubbish and report the location to their council.

Lawyers for the US photo-sharing giant, which was bought by Facebook for $1bn (£629m) in 2012, said the name was "not acceptable".

Owner Danny Lucas has sent Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg a video asking him not to "kill" his project.

Man, I am so sick of mega companies abusing the legal system to shutdown every company with an even vaguely similar name. They know that legally they don't have the right to do this, but they can just spend enough on legal threats to bankrupt the smaller company.

[Chief culprit in this kind of bullying is "easy jet", who will sue anyone who tries to use the word "easy" for anything]

So lets try and Streisberg this, by all downloading the app - available here for IoS or Android it's free

Maybe if they get enough supporters they will have some chance of fighting off the zuckerberg threats to a useful service.

I think I'll register EasyGram for the giggles.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I remember being on top of devils dyke once and berating a bunch of pakistani grannies who had bought ice creams and threw the wrappers on the floor, not 10 steps from a bin. They pretended not to understand english until I told them to stop lying and pick them up - then they picked them up, grumbling, and put them in the bin.

suppose that makes me racist, again....

Archived