House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gigantic Purple Slug

Giant Sleepless Superslugs On The Rise

Well you can eat snails - slugs are pretty much the same, only for some reason they get a much worse deal from the press.

I seem to remember Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall cooking and eating some slugs. They were bitter and rather slimy.

More slugs? Thank heavens I moved, I don't get anywhere near as many where I am now. In the old place they kept getting into the kitchen, which was quite frankly disgusting. Trod on one once when I only had socks on my feet. Another time I picked up the dishcloth to clean out a mug and after squelching it around in the mug a couple of times felt the slug that was hiding in it. Horrible things.

Guest eight

More slugs? Thank heavens I moved, I don't get anywhere near as many where I am now. In the old place they kept getting into the kitchen, which was quite frankly disgusting. Trod on one once when I only had socks on my feet. Another time I picked up the dishcloth to clean out a mug and after squelching it around in the mug a couple of times felt the slug that was hiding in it. Horrible things.

Apparently rats can keep a slug problem down.

My daughter loves slugs & would watch this 24/7 if she could.

Too many wtf moments when watching slugterra.

Just worked our way through Kong too. P.O.S.

Slugs are really bad to touch and certainly not to lick or eat.

Man's brain infected by eating slugs

http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/health/HealthRepublish_969551.htm

A Sydney-based man who ate two garden slugs as a dare during a party narrowly escaped death from a rare form of meningitis, an often fatal swelling around the brain.

While the Sydney man survived, others have not been so lucky. In an earlier case, a young child in subtropical Brisbane died, believed to have eaten slugs crawling on milk bottles which had been left at the front door. Another man had acquired the disease during a holiday in Fiji.

They Are Not Escargot: Do Not Eat Garden Slugs

https://brain-health-neurology.knoji.com/they-are-not-escargot-do-not-eat-garden-slugs/

It looks like my garden has become a gastropod theme park. What we don't get down here are the "edible" snails the size of golf balls, introduced by the Romans I think. Also those funny snails with a pointy shell, and a lid that closes. I used to live in the SE where we saw these a lot.

Sea slugs are interesting. -_-

If these things don't sleep that means they can eat 24/7 and become truly huge.

Slugs are amazing. Have you ever seen how they can go from being short and fat to long and huge ?

thats what mine does...

It looks like my garden has become a gastropod theme park. What we don't get down here are the "edible" snails the size of golf balls, introduced by the Romans I think. Also those funny snails with a pointy shell, and a lid that closes. I used to live in the SE where we saw these a lot.

There's some at Chedworth villa introduced by the Romans, but they have kept mainly to the local valley and only been found a mile or so away from that location. Protected and a breeding colony of a few hundred in the woods.

For prepration/cooking I was told this process. You never know what snails might have eaten, so you starve them first for 24 hours. Then feed them, for taste feed them with your favourite herbs/garlic. Then they fancy a drink, for this give then some milk, this will make them softer and make them swell, but you need to add a little salt to the milk as this will make them even more thirsty and plump even more to the point that they can't diasappear back into their shells when being cooked!

Apologies to GPS. :)

Terrified man breaks arm after jumping out of Costa Coffee window because he feared a terror attack

A man was left with a broken arm after jumping out of a coffee shop's first floor window because he mistook children banging trays for a terror attack.

The unnamed man dived out of a Costa Coffee branch in Manchester, then ran to a bank close by to call for help, according to witnesses.

He was among many in the Didsbury village coffee shop who thought schoolchildren shouting and making noise meant that the shop was under siege.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/27/terrified-man-breaks-arm-after-jumping-out-of-costa-coffee-windo/