House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lostinessex

Evening Standard: Stamp Duty Changes:prices Of London Starter Homes Drop By £20K

Apologies if this has already been posted but I spotted this small news ite tucked away in the Evening Standard last night...

http://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/property-news/stamp-duty-changes-prices-of-london-starter-homes-drop-by-20k-as-buytolet-demand-falls-a100971.html

"With fewer investors on the scene, haart calculates that the sale price of one- and two-bedroom flats has fallen almost seven per cent month on month."

Not getting to excited yet but maybe a sign of better days ahead.

Neat that "starter homes" are difficult to sell because of "fewer investors".

Even First Time Buyers don't rate it for starter homes these days. Further into the article all the terms are mixed up and jumbled together as one of the regular confusion techniques that are so liked by the mainstream media these days.

Edited by billybong

It would be terrible if investors couldn't snap up those starter homes before those selfish first time buyers used them as homes.

I wonder how many will be wringing their hands about the money they lost bidding up prices.

So a a collapse is allowing FTBers a better chance at buying a home because BTLers have left the market. Sounds good to me, but maybe those FTBers might rue the their timing if prices continue to weaken, especially at the prices in London. "My house lost more this year than I earned."

Apologies if this has already been posted but I spotted this small news ite tucked away in the Evening Standard last night...

http://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/property-news/stamp-duty-changes-prices-of-london-starter-homes-drop-by-20k-as-buytolet-demand-falls-a100971.html

"With fewer investors on the scene, haart calculates that the sale price of one- and two-bedroom flats has fallen almost seven per cent month on month."

Not getting to excited yet but maybe a sign of better days ahead.

7% MoM = 58% YoY

Just sayin' it might be time to RAISE THE RENTS. Blasted tenant tax.

Neat that "starter homes" are difficult to sell because of "fewer investors".

Even First Time Buyers don't rate it for starter homes these days. Further into the article all the terms are mixed up and jumbled together as one of the regular confusion techniques that are so liked by the mainstream media these days.

Surprised they still use the word "home" - sounds too.....earthly, too human. They really need to call them "starter investment vehicles".

Surprised they still use the word "home" - sounds too.....earthly, too human. They really need to call them "starter investment vehicles".

'Perfect Farming Opportunity'