House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CunningPlan

How Do Your Wages Measure Up?

Great Government site here

I'm moving to Copeland (what do they do there?)

The map on the left is great! It looks like a starving man with a massive boil on his ar$e.

Wages have been pretty flat for 10 years. Still I have few gadgets left to buy. :wacko:

I earn the average female wage for IOW, but work only 15 hours per week!!? For my contract I earn > the average weekly wage for all PER HOUR.

My earnings are not even on the scale, my wife's earnings however are off the scale... it'll take a confirmed move later this year (q3) to Amsterdam and a 50% uplift in salary pushing her (with bonus) into £200k territory. As there are kids involved my hands been forced and I'll be moving too.

Superfluous wealth can by superfluities only. Money is not required to buy one necessity of the soul. Henry David Thoreau

My earnings are not even on the scale, my wife's earnings however are off the scale... it'll take a confirmed move later this year (q3) to Amsterdam and a 50% uplift in salary pushing her (with bonus) into £200k territory. As there are kids involved my hands been forced and I'll be moving too.

Superfluous wealth can by superfluities only. Money is not required to buy one necessity of the soul. Henry David Thoreau

I thought you had spit up from your wife or am I getting mixed up with someone else. :wacko:

Have you married a "robber bankster".?

I thought you had spit up from your wife or am I getting mixed up with someone else. :wacko:

We had/have... filed for divorce via an on-line intermediary and there was a last minute reprieve. Met a cracking burd as well which was all in the open - polar opposite to her and to me. The move is a response to that perceived threat - if she went and I didn't then technically she'd be taking the children away from me too, catch22

Have you married a "robber bankster".?

She works in a high up position for a brand group of companies, sells things that come in nice packages but are invariably a shadow of the former product that once made it great.

We had/have... filed for divorce via an on-line intermediary and there was a last minute reprieve. Met a cracking burd as well which was all in the open - polar opposite to her and to me. The move is a response to that perceived threat - if she went and I didn't then technically she'd be taking the children away from me too, catch22

Chin up, old bean. There are worse places in the world to be. Great opportunity for your children and a lovely city. I'm sure you'll find your own way too :)

So I assume you still reckon you will leave her eventually - just when the kids are old enough to make their own minds out about things ?

Just being nosey.

Chin up, old bean. There are worse places in the world to be. Great opportunity for your children and a lovely city. I'm sure you'll find your own way too :)

Thanks for the moral support. It is a fantastic opportunity for the children. I'll be sure to reveal snippets as they happen, good, bad and ugly.

So I assume you still reckon you will leave her eventually - just when the kids are old enough to make their own minds out about things ?

Just being nosey.

In a nutshell - yes. If she doesn't leave me first which would be welcome. :)

Thanks for the moral support. It is a fantastic opportunity for the children. I'll be sure to reveal snippets as they happen, good, bad and ugly.

In a nutshell - yes. If she doesn't leave me first which would be welcome. :)

Well good luck - seems like your plan is semi sensible. ;)