House Price Crash Forum

Anyone Else Seeing Rent Reductions?

I follow new rental properties in my search area... Lots of supply, some sit around for weeks, eventually with rent drops.

Landlords must be panicking over extended voids by now.

I follow new rental properties in my search area... Lots of supply, some sit around for weeks, eventually with rent drops.

Landlords must be panicking over extended voids by now.

One of the UK towns i've been in recently has an abundance of TO LET signs up. That's 6 months after they were all SOLD signs.

Much supply, no demand at the insane prices

In Kent I'm seeing asking prices go sky high. One estate in Ashford, which even after regeneration is still a shithole, recently had an ex council 3 bed for 1000pcm. That said, there is masses of stuff being listed and lots of it seems to sit there. LA fees have skyrocketed. I do see regular reductions but these are down from ridiculous to still high prices.

Edited for clairty.

Edited by Longtermrenter

I've noticed lots of rental reductions around Guildford, however even after the reduction the asking prices are still only back to where they were two years ago, so not exactly bargains.

good, that petition on EA fees got really big so hopefully stuff will happen on that too. I am seeing loads for rent my way, when they get to big for there boots and ask too much rent itll sit on the market for ages.

Everything is lining up against BTL, although Im sure many of them can find useful employment in the food service or cleaning industries however if you have shares in audi or hair gel I suggest you sell now.