House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
canbuywontbuy

You Can Still Buy A Family Home Within A 40-Minute Commute Of Central London For Less Than £250,000

I'm originally from near Vange and Pitsea. Yes, they really are as bad as they sound. They may as well be called Minge and Shitsea.

£235k. I mean.......... Wow.

LOL. £235,000 - assume £25,000 deposit - £210,000 mortgage at even 2.5% interest over 25 years is £950 a month, and that's assuming a super-low lending rate lasting 25 years.....for a council house....

Oh dear, Apocalypse is near..

I feel that - can a BTL ever profit from those, or would an owner-occupier want to pay £950+ monthly payments with a 10% deposit on those for 25 years? It's the opposite of aspiration - it's financial masochism. Would there ever be a person who after 25 years of £950 a month then get out a bottle of Buckfast and celebrate the ownership of their fine "castle"?

Most of the people who think £0.25m is a mere trifle were on the right side of the Great HPI of 1995-2007 and so were handed a sum of that size without having to do anything.

Meanwhile most British workers take home a 4 figure sum starting with a 1 every month.

Edited by Dorkins

I just don't get this. Who chooses to live in such a place? I can understand that there are some rewarding careers where being based in London is the only option, but I seriously doubt that anyone contemplating living in an ex-LA property in Pitsea works in such a field. Culturally, London is turning into a third-world cesspit attached to a series of generic, cookie-cutter, identikit British high streets, just like the ones you can find in any other medium sized city in the UK. What is the attraction?

I just don't get this. Who chooses to live in such a place? I can understand that there are some rewarding careers where being based in London is the only option, but I seriously doubt that anyone contemplating living in an ex-LA property in Pitsea works in such a field. Culturally, London is turning into a third-world cesspit attached to a series of generic, cookie-cutter, identikit British high streets, just like the ones you can find in any other medium sized city in the UK. What is the attraction?

It attracts the poor and the rich, the young and the single.....for the rest there are other better options available.

I'm originally from near Vange and Pitsea. Yes, they really are as bad as they sound. They may as well be called Minge and Shitsea.

double post.

Edited by Bloo Loo

I used to Police there, many years ago...kiddy crime and vandalism, plus domestic disputes were the bread and butter.

eh voila

3.png

Bespoke, Inspirationally Carefully Crafted, Ultimate in Your Own "Space" Philosophy, to Perfection.

-- It's funny to see the DM article, at the bottom is a "Money Minute" clip by Natwest stating house prices are expected to rise by 6% in 2016, but you're expected to sit through a 30 second advert, to see another blooming advert!

Edited by 200p

hahahahahahaha! lick of white paint on the outside with 'villa of dreams' plate on the outside.
I would of gone for white landrover as the ultimate in horribleness.