House Price Crash Forum

Another Reason To Hate Landlords

HOLA441
HOLA442

Trying to moderate my teasing of landlords, partly out of respect for the BTL posters on here who seems like good eggs and there are a number (and no it is not zero, so I am closing that joke down), so forgive me this...

You know how there's that terrible office 'joke' "You don't have to be mad to work here, but it helps", perhaps the worst of the hardcore BTL spivs get a sign for their desk saying "You don't have to be a c**t to pursue a highly geared property investment strategy, but it helps"

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Seems a bit of an arsehole thing to do when people are protesting. seems he's a bored old man with nothing better to do.

I agree with his sentiments, but it's a shitty thing to do, to cause aggravation.

maybe someone will give him cause to use the NHS for being an obvious arsehole. typical landlord scum.

HOLA447

Junior doctors don't seem to be badly paid compared to other young professionals, especially when you include their pensions, but their salaries look inadequate compared to house prices. I wonder whether they would sign the new contract if the government agreed to reverse all its policies designed to inflate house prices ?

HOLA448

Seems a bit of an arsehole thing to do when people are protesting. seems he's a bored old man with nothing better to do.

I agree with his sentiments, but it's a shitty thing to do, to cause aggravation.

maybe someone will give him cause to use the NHS for being an obvious arsehole. typical landlord scum.

It's a free country isn't it? That's half the problem these days - people complain about the complainers.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Boomer. Landlord. C***.

Three words that are far too easily used in the same sentence.

How about boomers start paying their fair share of taxes to fund the NHS.

Rather than just underfunding it their whole life and being the last generation to have it in their current form.

I bet this guy has "paid his stamp" and "worked hard his whole life".

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

"Mr Bell, who claims to have worked in the SAS and as a kidnap and ransom negotiator in Venezuela, even debated the issue with the doctors."

I always get a tad suspicious when claims are openly made like this...

It is very rare someone who worked in the sas would ever claim so. They usually always keep it quiet, its usually Walter Mitty types who make such claims.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

The irony.

He claims to have been SAS etc, so I bet his salary was comfortable. Probably above the 23K he cites when lambasting the docs.

He was paid by the state to kill people. The docs get paid by the state to save people, even sadists like him.

I bet he wouldn't have the same argument had he lost a leg during service and relied on the docs to save him. It costs nothing to be humble, instead he's out there goading strikers. Horrible, scummy human.

But he's made it in life....multiple homes, comfy pension, etc. Probably thinks that gives him the right to do what he wants.

Sure, it's a democracy...so why not parade with his placard in the town centre. Surely there's more chance of encountering the public at large and convincing them of his point of view? But no...easier to goad.

HOLA4417

The irony.

He claims to have been SAS etc, so I bet his salary was comfortable. Probably above the 23K he cites when lambasting the docs.

He was paid by the state to kill people. The docs get paid by the state to save people, even sadists like him.

I bet he wouldn't have the same argument had he lost a leg during service and relied on the docs to save him. It costs nothing to be humble, instead he's out there goading strikers. Horrible, scummy human.

But he's made it in life....multiple homes, comfy pension, etc. Probably thinks that gives him the right to do what he wants.

Sure, it's a democracy...so why not parade with his placard in the town centre. Surely there's more chance of encountering the public at large and convincing them of his point of view? But no...easier to goad.

Also from a generation who enjoyed peak everything

HOLA4418

He does come across as a bit of a **** but both he and the quacks should feel free to parade and placard.

But it does look a battle between different styles of entitlement, doesn't it?

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

If you really wanted a 7 day NHS, wouldn't this be a feckin stupid way of going about it ?

If you really wanted a 7 day NHS, wouldn't this be a feckin stupid way of going about it ?

£6.52 an hour. If what I've read is true and I have the figures right then junior docs have my full support.

Basic pay of £23,000 to be inreased by 13.5% to £26,105 for 80 hours work per week (7am - 9pm Monday to Friday, 7am - 5pm on Saturday). If based on 50 weeks then £26,000 divided by 50 is £522 per week, 522 divided by 80 = £6.52 an hour.

Minimum wage is £6.70 an hour. I'm finding £6.52 per hour hard to believe, I must have it wrong? Anyone can provide sources / correct me if so. My source is http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34775980 I don't usually rely on the bbc but disappointingly it was hard to find details on the actual contract, which is worrying as though people are just arguing without even knowing what the contract actually is.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

As if another reason was needed!

My theory is that junior doctors' strike is partially due to general deterioration of standard of living of recent graduates:

- tuition fees

- lower pensions

- expensive accommodation

It may have been worth it to work all out for a few years in the past, then get rewarded with a higher pay. But now that higher pay may not even buy you a house.

HOLA4425

It is very rare someone who worked in the sas would ever claim so. They usually always keep it quiet, its usually Walter Mitty types who make such claims.

This.................

Take it from some one who knows. The moment they open their mouth to say SAS/SBS you know they ain't.

Low profile is the name of the game..... Do not draw attention to ones self.