House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nabby81

Queuing To Buy A Flat ...in Luton

http://www.luton-dunstable.co.uk/Overnight-queues-expected-119-flats-costing-200/story-29179259-detail/story.html#ixzz46wSjbdBV

119 new flats in Luton targeted for first time buyers are expected to sell out quickly, with developers expecting people to queue overnight for a chance of bagging one.

Galliard Homes' 'The Landmark' development is offering studios and one and two bedroom apartments from £149,995 – in what the developer says is 'one of the largest new starter home developments in London commuter region'.

The flats have been built in the town centre transforming the former Whitbread headquarters – a millinery factory built in the 1970s - and officially go up for sale on Thursday on 5pm.

Similar developments in Hounslow and Canary Wharf saw hundreds of people queuing to potentially buy, and Galliard is expecting a similar level of interest for their latest development.

Here's the developers site

http://www.galliardhomes.com/The-Landmark

So their cheapest, smallest, shittest studio flat in Luton is £149k

Temped but probably not.

"with developers expecting people to queue overnight for a chance of bagging one"

It's an advertising trick to make people think they might miss out.

It's pretty evil and should be banned.

Ye Gods! :blink: Saw the advert for this on Nabby81's other thread. Can't believe it!

Still...Luton crashpad + cattle style commute onto London village is perhaps still cost effective to those considering their options. :unsure:

I notice all the people pictured in the courtyard of the development look very well off, white and middle class. Looks more like Richmond upon Thames than Luton!

Edited by MARTINX9

There's a great big bloody AUDI in the artists impression!!! This place looks ASPIRATIONAL which is something I would like to be one day.

I shall buy one and just rent it out. Innit?

This is a growing issue in Luton developers redeveloping old office buildings , at moment there is like planning permission for around 500 plus flats like this all old office conversions central location no parking.Also continuing University accommodation despite the Uni itself saying market isnt there !!

Studio at 149 is bad enough but look at the kitchen in the one bed !! its pathetic how are people enticed with this shit !! 1500mm area space for 180k FFS

Lot of developments planned in Luton and marketing is always the same ..22 mins into London , Luton is just the overspill from priced out Londoners now Harpenden etc become too affordable

This is a growing issue in Luton developers redeveloping old office buildings , at moment there is like planning permission for around 500 plus flats like this all old office conversions central location no parking.Also continuing University accommodation despite the Uni itself saying market isnt there !!

Same thing is happening in Norwich. Asking prices are lower than those in Luton...

In the notorious clubland district of 'Prince of Wales Rd':

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/new-homes-for-sale/property-58356341.html

Good luck getting a decent night's sleep on a Friday or Saturday night. :blink: I can't ever see anyone wanting to live there on a long term basis.

Just around the corner - a little quieter but a lot of traffic and pollution:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-58217378.html?premiumA=true

Parking by 'separate negotiation'

Its the new economic model. Everywhere London commutable create mini housing bubbles. Better still invest billions in trains, create a mega bubble. What could go wrong after all you'll soon be paid to take a mortgage out?

Really. You guys crack me up.

It's a foot on the property ladder.

Who cares if you have to sleep with your head in the kitchen sink.

Moaning minnies the lot of you.

Anyone actually been to Luton recently? I have, and my goodness what a place it's become, all thanks to British tolerance /chronic political correctness.

Makes Slough look like St Ives.

Don't forget your annual season ticket at a bargain price of £3960

Edited by Barnsey

Really. You guys crack me up.

It's a foot on the property ladder.

Who cares if you have to sleep with your head in the kitchen sink.

Moaning minnies the lot of you.

More like a toe, with the size of those places! :P

Anyone actually been to Luton recently? I have, and my goodness what a place it's become, all thanks to British tolerance /chronic political correctness.

Makes Slough look like St Ives.

Don't forget your annual season ticket at a bargain price of £3960

It's a very relaxed environment. Everyone wears their pyjamas in the middle of the day.

GREECE%20Migr_15.jpg

that picture, if you know anything about luton at all, is quite an accurate representation of what their "queueing" for those flats will look like

Luton ... yes Mister Far Eastern Investor, Luton, or North Kensington Borders as it is more commonly called, a vibrant desireable area, very popular and guaranteed to double in value over the next year or so ....

You have to wonder. How many of the buyers are chinese. Only takes a few of our muslim friends like this guy to spook out such investors.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sadistic-rapist-targeted-oriental-looking-7347847

Similar case in northampton 6 or 7 years ago iirc where one of these creeps targeted female chinese students. Suppose a communist party officials daughter is violated.... chinese tourism and investment to UK to go down the plughole. Doubt they are as tolerant of islamic sex crimes as we europeans are.

The whole thing reads like satire though. Calling it 'the landmark', when it resembles a very bland 80s office block just tops it off.

Edited by Executive Sadman

http://www.propertywire.com/news/europe/uk-residential-rents-index-2016050211861.html

Rents up 12.8% in a year , which I imagine is why these flats all went reserved

Problem is the rents are climbing so fast as are purchase prices that when you add it the commuting fee;s to London they will soon become unaffordable to commuters.At which point I hope to god the whole thing goes bang