House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turned Out Nice Again

It's Snowing In Worthing!

Hail, it was small frozen balls, quite loud.....almost gone now, the sun has come out and the sky is blue.....all in the last half hour. ;)

Was eyeing up the tomato plants in Chichester Waitrose at lunchtime, thinking about planting out a veg patch this weekend. Then the snow started!

Aha - it's YOUR fault.

I have kept the frost protectors on the outside taps for now, we keep getting these cold snaps.

Hopefully take them off by June!

Not had any here yet (Manchester area) but there are some dark clouds around, so it's wait and see whether that's rain or snow. It's chilly but I don't think quite that cold.

The global warming ramping BBC have not noticed the weather. Come August when we have a hot day 20 minutes of prime time news will be devoted to it.

Wondered how quickly this would turn into an anti-warming thread.

Weather does not equal climate.

I was pointing out BBC bias. You may like to contact the BBC in August should we have a hot spell, and tell them that weather does not equal climate.

Guest eight

Surely it does over time.

Weather is what you experience. Climate is what it says on a graph.

Bizarre weather in Swansea today. Going from mini heatwave one moment to sleet showers next and freezing. I was out cycling earlier and one minute I was so cold I had to pop into a cafe for a cuppa - thankfully, just before the sleet hit - and 20 minutes later I was cycling and was so warm I wanted to take my tops off. Nuts.

Wondered how quickly this would turn into an anti-warming thread.

Weather does not equal climate.

But remember, weather contributes to climate.

Bizarre weather in Swansea today. Going from mini heatwave one moment to sleet showers next and freezing. I was out cycling earlier and one minute I was so cold I had to pop into a cafe for a cuppa - thankfully, just before the sleet hit - and 20 minutes later I was cycling and was so warm I wanted to take my tops off. Nuts.

Well, that's a potential no spending day casually squandered.