House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Portent

My New Build Completed Today

Nah not a real house. Sorry I couldn't resist the title... I've just spent all morning putting together my daughters dolls house. I can't wait until she sees it on Friday (her birthday).

:D

You could probably sell it as a new build luxury apartment to the BTL brigade!

I believe they'll buy and pay anything anything these days.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm very rude! Hope you have a nice christmas and your daughters birthday goes well.

Edited by laughing_goat

Yeah that's nice. Hope you got her something decent for Xmas as well. Nothing worse than a birthday close to Xmas if you're a kid.

Yeah it's a bad time to have a birthday. So what we've decided to do is have separate birthdays and Christmases (of course) but also when she's older we'll start giving her "royal birthdays" in June/July so she can have parties in the summer with friends - and get some extra presents too of course :)

EDIT: Forgot to add it's a model of a Victorian house... I always have hated new builds and preferred older properties :)

EDIT2: I just had a thought... how much do you think I could rent it out to other parents for?

Edited by Portent

You could probably sell it as a new build luxury apartment to the BTL brigade!

I believe they'll buy and pay anything anything these days.

I looked at this development when it was being built - about a year and a half ago. They dont seem to have held onto the place for long! I'll try to work out which flat this is and check the purchase price. My suspicion is that the asking price doesn't give any profit and may be a small loss. What do you think the rental price would be? I cant imagine anyone paying more than £1,200 per month.

I saw on "Demolition" that developers had been using undersized furniture to make poky flats look bigger than they were, but your case takes the biscuit!

:lol:

Happy birthday to Little Miss Portent. :)

Thanks. She's two and a lovely little bundle of fun :D

(who didn't sleep at all last night so nor did I)

Kids are ace at that age, my about to be teenage Daughter is a whirlwind at the minute, don`t know where the time goes, have a great birthday with her

Nah not a real house. Sorry I couldn't resist the title... I've just spent all morning putting together my daughters dolls house. I can't wait until she sees it on Friday (her birthday).

:D

bit of a bummer seeing it in the shops at 20% off ow though innit?? :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah it's a bad time to have a birthday. So what we've decided to do is have separate birthdays and Christmases (of course) but also when she's older we'll start giving her "royal birthdays" in June/July so she can have parties in the summer with friends - and get some extra presents too of course :)

EDIT: Forgot to add it's a model of a Victorian house... I always have hated new builds and preferred older properties :)

EDIT2: I just had a thought... how much do you think I could rent it out to other parents for?

You mean mock Victorian. Can't stand attempts to copy myself.

I have three daughters & can't wait to see their little faces light up at Christmas.

Best wishes to you & yours.

You mean mock Victorian. Can't stand attempts to copy myself.

I have three daughters & can't wait to see their little faces light up at Christmas.

Best wishes to you & yours.

You too.

A very happy birthday to little miss portent. Remember childhood is about memories ..not house prices.

Keep the house....when she is older and she has children of her own she will love to show them what she played with when she was younger.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS PORTENT

make sure you dont get in action man squatters. high on khyat moving in and taking over the house. there eagle eyes will suss out a way in and pretty soon barbie will be hooked on coke and turning tricks at the local plastic doll strip bar.

you might laugh, but seeing the way one of the bratz girls ended up. down and out. addicted to hard doll drugs like dolly mixtures and cola bottles. crawling all over the floor for a dollar.

be warned. lock those dolls house windows with a really small key.

Guest Bart of Darkness

It'll have probably have gained 5% in value by then.