House Price Crash Forum

Make Space All This Room To Entertain Guests..

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

As a foreigner I was always puzzled what is the definition of double bedroom? Is it a room with window where 140x200cm mattress would fit?

Not sure there is a definitive definition, in the manner of a minimum size. What the Germans legally call a "half room" would be called a single by an honest agent, but some of the London landlords I encountered in my youth might've divided that same room in two and described each half as a "large double".

HOLA444

As a foreigner I was always puzzled what is the definition of double bedroom? Is it a room with window where 140x200cm mattress would fit?

You may not have notices UK mattress sizes are different too, so it only needs to fit a 135x190cm mattress.

HOLA445

I don't know anything about the Sheffield rental market so can't comment on the price, but...

As a concept, I like it! :ph34r: (flame suit at the ready)

Kind of like a cross between a hotel and a flat, or a slightly more up-market Uni hall of residence. If I was an early 20-something again, wanted my own space near to work and would be out more often than not I'd rent somewhere like that.

HOLA446

The only thing I can't see mentioned is laundry facilities. But doesn't look too bad. 100 - 200 less a month and there would be no hesitations as a student or singleton. It depends if it remains a similar experience to a hotel or becomes a frat house....

HOLA447

I don't know anything about the Sheffield rental market so can't comment on the price, but...

As a concept, I like it! :ph34r: (flame suit at the ready)

Kind of like a cross between a hotel and a flat, or a slightly more up-market Uni hall of residence. If I was an early 20-something again, wanted my own space near to work and would be out more often than not I'd rent somewhere like that.

I'd agree. Having seen some clever pieces of design for tiny flats on YouTube (always American) I'm surprised that landlords of this type of flat over here don't use them to maximise space. I'm talking about sliding walls and hideaway beds and tables.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412