House Price Crash Forum

Airport Safety Boob

SarahBell

HOLA441

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36120247

She continued: "I was willing to let go of the liquid milk. But you also wanted the solid milk because it could 'melt and become a liquid'."

So she'd have fed her baby breast milk that had been frozen and then defrosted on a transatlantic flight?

500oz (14.8 litres) of breast milk
She said that of the breast milk she was carrying "more than 300oz of that milk was frozen. Solid."

HOLA442

This story doesn't really add up to me. I flew from the US to the UK with my newborn son and a large supply of frozen breast milk about a year ago. Anyone who's been on a flight in the past 10 years would surely realize that this might be an issue and something that you would need to research before showing up at the airport. The airline (BA) had no problem shipping the frozen milk as hold luggage. If security said that she couldn't take the frozen milk on the flight, she could have just checked it,instead. It wouldn't make any sense to take liquid breast milk on the flight without the baby because it would go off before you landed and were able to feed it to the baby (assuming this was a trans-atlantic flight). This sounds like someone who is looking to be offended.

"Beyond literally taking food from my child's mouth, you humiliated me and made me feel completely defeated as a professional and a mother.".

HOLA443

This story doesn't really add up to me. I flew from the US to the UK with my newborn son and a large supply of frozen breast milk about a year ago. Anyone who's been on a flight in the past 10 years would surely realize that this might be an issue and something that you would need to research before showing up at the airport. The airline (BA) had no problem shipping the frozen milk as hold luggage. If security said that she couldn't take the frozen milk on the flight, she could have just checked it,instead. It wouldn't make any sense to take liquid breast milk on the flight without the baby because it would go off before you landed and were able to feed it to the baby (assuming this was a trans-atlantic flight). This sounds like someone who is looking to be offended.

"Beyond literally taking food from my child's mouth, you humiliated me and made me feel completely defeated as a professional and a mother.".

Yes, she's put a lot of work into that statement. Professional as in professional offendee.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Mumsnet thinks she's a nut as well, which is very refreshing.

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2621653-14ltrs-of-breast-milk-on-a-plane

Crispbutty Sun 24-Apr-16 09:40:16

Attention and publicity seeking ******wit is all I can think about her.

TurnOffTheTv Sun 24-Apr-16 09:41:07

She's a total dick. It wouldn't even be fit to feed her baby with anyway.

HOLA446

thats how everyone feels when for your safety they use unreason to mark you out.

We were stopped because a baby rattle, in its bubble pack, was picked out for having an unspecified amount of liquid inside it. went through the scanner twice...yes it had liquid in it...so we had to open the bag, get everything out, the third degree, they examined the rattle, and ye you could see a tiny amount of fluid in its workings.

sorry about that, cant be too careful you know....

HOLA447

Yes, she's put a lot of work into that statement. Professional as in professional offendee.

and this moody nut job has been in England, doing whatever she does in her professional capacity, meanwhile being under some deeply disturbed mental state...lets hope she wasnt doing much more than taking notes.

HOLA448

Mumsnet thinks she's a nut as well, which is very refreshing.

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/2621653-14ltrs-of-breast-milk-on-a-plane

Crispbutty Sun 24-Apr-16 09:40:16

Attention and publicity seeking ******wit is all I can think about her.

TurnOffTheTv Sun 24-Apr-16 09:41:07

She's a total dick. It wouldn't even be fit to feed her baby with anyway.

Attention seeking entitled diva. Otherwise known as stupid.

This woman is a moron. Evidently, much of the milk was in one big container, with which she had travelled through 8 different cities, repeatedly freezing and thawing the milk and adding unfrozen milk to already frozen milk, which made the whole lot unfit to feed to a baby. I feel sorry for that child.

HOLA449

15kg of breast milk! That's not food, that is a fetish.

[surely she had milk production capability built-in... From my days with small babies the expressed milk was only used when parents were round looking after child (and even then, mainly just to annoy them)]

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Hmmm. Time to start a cottage industry making cheese?

It will be cheese if left too long.

I feel a "Smashing Knockers Tit Cheese" business idea might happen. :huh:

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Archived