House Price Crash Forum
or in excess of

The Madness Continues

Used to go with my dad about 10 or 15 years ago to watch football at loftus road. Parked on what is now the Westfield site. My main impression of the area was traffic traffic and more traffic. I think one saturday it took us 3 hours to get from the BBC to the westway a couple hundred feet away. Lots of road rage, shouting from pedestrians, cyclists, motorists, constantly expected someone to get stabbed. But after lots of shouting everyone just went their own way . Also a chap I knew had a flat in shepherds bush but refused to call it shepherds bush, instead referring to it as 'west kensington' Always seemed a bit of a dump. Litter all over the place, over-crowded streets. People on edge. But I guess thats London.

I'd be interested to see a nationality breakdown of the people buying there at a minimum of £650,000 for a 1 bed.

i think this just goes to show that the measures on BTL and foreign ownership need to be stepped up even further.

Can people not start losing massive sums of money now as a warning, it's getting beyond a joke.

It will be interesting to go past once it's fully sold and see how many lights are on at night. Same with all the Battersea/Vauxhall developments. I expect they're essentially ghost developments, foreign investors only. A scandal in the making.

Edited by RentingForever

It will be interesting to go past once it's fully sold and see how many lights are on at night. Same with all the Battersea/Vauxhall developments. I expect they're essentially ghost developments, foreign investors only. A scandal in the making.

Reminds be of Dublin

Ha ha! Sh1t for brains! :o

I must say I am changing my mind on the foreign ownership thing at this point of the madness curve. The losses will be huge, and will be borne by foreign owners - it will send a lesson to Asian families that will echo for 50 years.

Think of a 50% drop plus a 25% drop in GBP versus their home currency.....

I must say I am changing my mind on the foreign ownership thing at this point of the madness curve. The losses will be huge, and will be borne by foreign owners - it will send a lesson to Asian families that will echo for 50 years.

Agreed. IF most of the losses are going to be borne by gullible foreign buyers.

BUT, to be fair, even if the stated prices are cut in half they will be still be vastly overpriced!

I wonder what the lease lengths are and the annual service charges?

Edited by anonguest

I lived around that way about ten years ago and it really wasn't the best of areas. But then all of the dodgy areas from back then are apparently highly desirable now.

Just looked at the adsking price of some of the houses listed in Northants and west midlands in the last week.

The madness continues is about right.

2007 was bad but this is down right criminal now.

Just looked at the adsking price of some of the houses listed in Northants and west midlands in the last week.

On the plus side, the fact that it's so insane makes it easy to stay out now. In my area it's half a million to buy a tiny 2 bed terrace, or you can rent one for 2.5% gross yield.

On the plus side, the fact that it's so insane makes it easy to stay out now. In my area it's half a million to buy a tiny 2 bed terrace, or you can rent one for 2.5% gross yield.

Yes, that is very true and collapse will come much quicker.

I think we have to see 50% nominal falls now for sure.

The magical wage growth is just not happening.

The magical wage growth is just not happening.

Indeed, if anything it's going the other way, and things are only going to get worse into the inevitable Global recession of 2017/18 when bad loans in China go nuclear.

Also how else are we going to get any of our currency back from the likes of China. It's not like we provide anything else of much value. For every 5 containers of their tat which we import we only send 1 back, full of scrap metal. It's just a shame it impacts the cost of housing across the rest of the country.

Let them buy them......they are buying years of past investment, infrastructure, industry, rule of law, order, democracy, peace and land security this country and its people have worked and fought for over many centuries.......the now priced out. ;)

In the nearby towns to me in Northants it's £90k minimum for any house. My current PRS has had mad gainz from £40k to £120k in just 14 years. £5500 a year HPI. And that's for starters :P