House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Bbc Diversity Quotas

From the organisation that brought you "hideously white":

Women will make up half of the BBC workforce on screen, on air and in leadership roles by 2020, the corporation has announced.

It says it will "go further than ever before" to represent women, disabled people, ethnic minorities and LGBT people with its new diversity targets.

The corporation wants to "meet or better" other broadcasters in representing the UK population by 2020.

The BBC said it had made "good progress" but "there's more to do".

"Almost half of our workforce is made up of women and the proportion of our workforce who are black, Asian and other ethnic minority is at an all-time high," a spokesperson said.

"We'll continue doing what works but also develop new and innovative ideas to do even better, and we'll set this out in our new diversity strategy shortly."

'Significant steps forward'

At present, 48.4% of BBC employees are women, with women in 41.3% of leadership roles.

The BBC has pledged that 15% of its workforce will be drawn from black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) backgrounds in staff and leadership roles by 2020, as well as ensuring the same percentage for on screen, on air and in leading roles.

Disabled people will make up 8% of the workforce and lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT) people will also comprise 8% by 2020.

The targets will apply to all genres of programming but will not be programme specific, it said.

Mark Atkinson, chief executive at disability charity Scope, said it was "positive to see the BBC, and other broadcasters like Channel 4, reaffirming their commitment to on and off screen diversity this year".

"We work with many talented disabled actors and aspiring presenters who are pushing hard to get a break. But it is still a huge struggle for disabled people to make it in the industry and there are too few opportunities," he said.

In a statement, a BBC spokesperson said the proportion of staff from ethnic minorities was "at an all-time high" but it will "undertake to deliver more".

"Significant steps forward have been taken but it is important to us that the BBC is truly representative of our all our audiences - diversity is more than any single characteristic," the spokesperson said.

"We are the BBC and must be held to a higher standard. The range of the BBC's programme and services, and the fact that we will make sure that our approach to diversity is hardwired in everything we do, make these targets even more ambitious."

So totting up the numbers we have:

15% BME

8% LGBT

8% Disabled

So 31%.

Leaving 69% split between men and women who are white, straight, and able-bodied.

This sounds like Gloucestershire constabulary where they were done for racial discrimination because they were routinely binning applications form straight white males; the advice given on the QT was to claim that they were gay.

So as a white straight able bodied male I would increase my chances of getting a job at the BBC if I went in wearing a dress. WIbble.

51e744145358a58c3aaae7076c7832f7.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36120246

One of my friends got into Hampshire police by claiming on his second application form that he was Muslim. He's a straight male, white, Anglo-Saxon. The first time he was turned down; he said on his application he was atheist!

"Significant steps forward have been taken but it is important to us that the BBC is truly representative of our all our audiences;

The BBC audience is mainly OAP who get the license for fcking free.

How about some proper diversity and let people choose whether they pay for the fcking telly tax.

WHY? forget best for the role....The BBC is now a flagleader for the SJW movement...a movement very very small but noisy.

Why does every lefty want to announce their feelings to all and sundry...Nobody gives a shit...and why should they?

I am informed, by friends working in the Beeb, that the sure route now for a job is to state that you are non-binary. Basically, say that you have not decided yet but that you know that you are not straight.

I am informed, by friends working in the Beeb, that the sure route now for a job is to state that you are non-binary. Basically, say that you have not decided yet but that you know that you are not straight.

Im a bit binary, I think. I just need to shag a lot more women to decide.

Works for me.

I may look and act like a straight white male but I identify as a cross-dressing non-binary black muslim woman and in my spare time I campaign for people wearing pantomime horse outfits to have free access to the ladies toilets.

Soon people will start playing the game and say what needs to be said. It is beyond ridiculous. Promoting by anything other than ability.

Can someone tell me how you embed a video?

I may look and act like a straight white male but I identify as a cross-dressing non-binary black muslim woman and in my spare time I campaign for people wearing pantomime horse outfits to have free access to the ladies toilets.

Papers have currently got it in for some 30 year old african living in Canada claiming to be 17 so he can get on the basketball team.

What I want to know is if Bruce Jenner can claim to be a woman, in spite of his genetic make up, why cant a 30 year old claim to be 17?

If we're going to indulge the trannies, may as well indulge everyone else.

WHY? forget best for the role....The BBC is now a flagleader for the SJW movement...a movement very very small but noisy.

Why does every lefty want to announce their feelings to all and sundry...Nobody gives a shit...and why should they?

It is quite strange. Cambridge had a Tranny councillor, who basically defined himself first and foremost as being a tranny. Was above all else on his CV, twitter, etc.

Even the Green party candidate got told off for by him/her/it for not being pro-tranny enough...suggesting people should be able to call straight people, er, straight.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Cambridge-Green-Party-parliamentary-candidate/story-25907843-detail/story.html

After decades of telling us they want to be defined by their achievements and character, not their skin colour or mentally unhinged view of their own gender, suddenly they have decided in fact they do want to be defined by their skin colour, or mentally unhinged view of their own gender.

I give up.

Another thing, is, do they bother breaking it down into the non-white races, or, so long as ****** is denied work, all is fine.

Pretty sure blacks are massively over represented in the music BBC radio plays, asians, massively underrepresented. There is asian network, but that mostly seems to be a bunch of twats mouthing off about how much they hate the UK rather than music.

Clearly asians should bomb the BBC for this awful state of affairs.

The problem I find is that this is all such as obvious approach to diversity - based largely on visible differences. It's 2016, FFS and we're still using gender and dubious separators such as skin colour as a way of classifying people. Personally, I think a diversity of class and viewpoints together with feeble representation of the scientifically minded which is the BBC's biggest diversity problem. Are white kids growing up on a council sink estate really more privileged than black middle class kids? Somehow I doubt it.

I remember a friend of mind telling me about an interview panel. Someone actually said, "she ticks all of the diversity boxes too" - which someone else challenged by saying, "Yeah, it's not like we don't have very many middle class young white women who are Oxbridge educated working for us..."

From the organisation that brought you "hideously white":

So totting up the numbers we have:

15% BME

8% LGBT

8% Disabled

So 31%.

Leaving 69% split between men and women who are white, straight, and able-bodied.

This sounds like Gloucestershire constabulary where they were done for racial discrimination because they were routinely binning applications form straight white males; the advice given on the QT was to claim that they were gay.

So as a white straight able bodied male I would increase my chances of getting a job at the BBC if I went in wearing a dress. WIbble.

51e744145358a58c3aaae7076c7832f7.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36120246

but only abut 3% of the general population LGBT???

their getting over represented at 8%,and should be replaced on the equality quota by disabled.......not too many presenters etc like that are there?

It is quite strange. Cambridge had a Tranny councillor, who basically defined himself first and foremost as being a tranny. Was above all else on his CV, twitter, etc.

Even the Green party candidate got told off for by him/her/it for not being pro-tranny enough...suggesting people should be able to call straight people, er, straight.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Cambridge-Green-Party-parliamentary-candidate/story-25907843-detail/story.html

After decades of telling us they want to be defined by their achievements and character, not their skin colour or mentally unhinged view of their own gender, suddenly they have decided in fact they do want to be defined by their skin colour, or mentally unhinged view of their own gender.

I give up.

It really only is, as far as I can tell, media whores.

The gay and lesbian people that I have worked with, with one exception, will be open that they are gay but not otherwise make reference to it. Other people do so more than they do.

The tranny bloke, having come out as such and having to make a lot of reference to it during his transition period, now hardly ever even mentions it as people have got used to his wearing women's clothes.

It is the media whores, and this includes the self-appointed social media whores, that define themselves by their sexuality and make a badge of it. Because there is money in it.

That single mother by choice, on benefits by choice, professional whinger "a girl called Jack" is the prime example, whilst obviously a lesbian she has "come out" with some polysyllabic definition for herself and been lauded as "brave" by the slack-jawed wastes of spaces that slavishly follow twitter feeds.

And now, surprise surprise, the BBC has created a whole radio series about her.

They all lap it up. Idiots.

If the BBC are only choosing people based on their race and sexual orientation these days it's no wonder the programming's such utter sh*te.

If the BBC are only choosing people based on their race and sexual orientation these days it's no wonder the programming's such utter sh*te.

If only people would quickly stop paying their licences before the BBC realises that the game's up and their funding source gets changed then it would become apparent how deeply unloved and unwanted "Good Old Auntie Beeb" actually is these days.

Binary is a ash1t name. A bit is on or off, nothing in between.

I think a attention thinking tnuct would be a better term.

Fat ugly Muslim girl stands up and says I like girls. Wow! butch ugly lkesbian! Never see n that before.,..