House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Growth Of Fly Tipping?

Fly-tipping epidemic: How Britain is being blighted by sudden surge in brazen practice due to penny-pinching councils making it so complicated - and expensive - to get rid of rubbish
337351FB00000578-0-image-a-72_1461365798

The sun high in the summer sky, birdsong filling the air and corn swaying in the gentle breeze. A bucolic rural scene. And all ruined by the idiot in the foreground. Dressed in floral Bermuda shorts, grubby T-shirt and sporting a self-satisfied smirk, this is Richard Weston. He was caught on camera visiting a beauty spot in Derbyshire. But not to enjoy the view. Instead he had gone there to dispose of the remains of a dishwasher - removing it from the back of his blue Renault Clio and then slinging it into the hedgerow.

A response to the economic cost of disposing of waste? Dump, don't get caught and the council removes it for "free" (yes I know it's not really free).

....That is precisely what you will get when more people have more throw away stuff....they don't make things to last or want it to be worth repairing..... Talking to someone the other day, they said they now had to make an appointment to take stuff to the local tip....commercial waste they make a charge, and so they should, those who do not care about the environment and will not pay will spoil it for everyone else....no change there then.;)

The key is this - How Britain is being blighted by sudden surge in brazen practice due to penny pinching councils making it so complicated - and expensive - to get rid of rubbish

What do they expect if they charge £5 per bag to get rid of rubble for example?. As said if it was free there wouldnt be a problem. I spoke to the council chap when i was dumping a bag of rubble for £5, it took him 15 minutes to fill in the paperwork, unlock the padlocks to the skip and dump it. What a crack pot system which im sure when you add in the time cost, the cost of picking up the flytipped rubbish, itll be running at a loss. Its far easier if the tipper takes his rubbish to the tip isnt it?

The cost to tip at a commercial station here in brum is £120 minimum which covers up to half a ton. These big relay centres then recycle a lot of it there once it is dropped. The whole idea is to force business, to recycle instead of taking to land fills by the bigger waste relay stations. The situation though is that the smaller waste collectors (sole traders) cannot be bothered and to be honest it often is not practical/economical to seperate what they collect to recycle it properly before going to these relay stations.

The tax on tipping has gone up ten fold in two decades.

So the smaller waste collectors can charge a lot of money to offer their service and then dumping it on the road side is very appealing to them if they are idiots.

Edited by GinAndPlatonic

Do these places not have recycling centers then ?.

Yes, but you have to get stuff there.

And there are tons of people on FB who offer rubbish disposal services for £10 a van load. Well the commercial tip charges are more than that so I suspect there's lots of people paying to have their stuff flytipped.

Yes, but you have to get stuff there.

And there are tons of people on FB who offer rubbish disposal services for £10 a van load. Well the commercial tip charges are more than that so I suspect there's lots of people paying to have their stuff flytipped.

This happens. ;)

Walking along a nice leafy road in Muswell Hill......saw dumped mattresses and old broken furniture abandoned in the street....left for the local council to dispose of, nobody else will do it.

Edited by winkie

The whole situation is ludicrous. I went to dump some household items at the tip in my small van, they refused as I they couldn't be sure I was not a tradesman. Tried to tell them to look at the items I was throwing away but not easy when they're all Johnny Foreigners who only seem to know the words "No Wans". Total waste of time, I'm not paying £100 to get rid of an old bed frame and my car isn't big enough.

Best thing to do is ring the council up and report your own waste that's been "dumped" outside your house by "someone else", they'll collect it within a day for free.

I'm pretty sure this is related to the EU and their green taxes on recycling / non recycling. Not to mention the fact that they're all Eastern European and clueless. Can anyone confirm?

Edited by spunko2010

The root of all of this mess is the EU's landfill tax.

This was lobbied for by Holland and Denmark as their small and mostly occupied or under cultivation land masses meant that their industries had a big and expensive problem in disposing of their waster; putting their industries at a competitive disadvantage. So they wanted these costs to also apply to other European countries so they dreamed up the landfil tax.

This was then dressed up in a load of "green" propaganda as an afterthought.

The result of this tax, filtered to local council's responses to the costs imposed upon them by it, is the endless sofas, tyres and washing machines despoiling nature across the land.

Repeal the landfill tax and the problem is immediately solved.

Repeal the landfill tax and the problem is immediately solved.

That's the one.

Get everything dropped at the tip and recycle it or burn it for energy, or package it up and send it on a boat to sweden for them to burn!

when people don't have a stake in society they just don't care.

people litter and fly tip in areas they never will be able to afford to live.

I think its a symptom of the housing crisis.

when people don't have a stake in society they just don't care.

people litter and fly tip in areas they never will be able to afford to live.

I think its a symptom of the housing crisis.

My neighbour doesn't even bother with taking rubbish out of his garden....he leaves it to accumulate there :rolleyes: and he's an owner occupier but he still doesn't care...it's the chav mentality of littering to show contempt.

My neighbour doesn't even bother with taking rubbish out of his garden....he leaves it to accumulate there :rolleyes: and he's an owner occupier but he still doesn't care...it's the chav mentality of littering to show contempt.

Built up areas also are smoke free zones.....so can't even burn domestic waste on your own bonfire..... https://www.gov.uk/garden-bonfires-rules

You can’t get rid of household waste if it will cause pollution or harm people’s health. This includes burning it.

Built up areas also are smoke free zones.....so can't even burn domestic waste on your own bonfire..... https://www.gov.uk/garden-bonfires-rules

Unless you live in Plymouth.

When in addition to decaying nuclear waste plants on subs you build an incinerator smack bang in the middle of a residential area.

Genius.

All the local residents were woken at 3am recently by the plant going into meltdown, just what you want when you live by a nuclear dockyard.

FURIOUS residents had a rude awakening in the early hours this morning after Plymouth's giant incinerator was forced to make an emergency shut down.

The Barne Barton-based plant encountered an unexpected problem shortly before 3am and started whistling loudly as staff made the decision to turn it off.

In a bid to relieve pressure, safety valves were opened and steam was released, waking neighbours in the process.

incinerator2.jpg

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Emergency-shut-Plymouth-incinerator-early-hours/story-29002102-detail/story.html

I wonder what the stats on respiratory illness are looking like,