House Price Crash Forum

Prince

SHERWICK

HOLA441

Yes, Prince was a genius.

Just listen to his guitar playing at the end of this clip from 3:27 in:

(Also worth pointing out how brilliant Tom Petty and - ESPECIALLY - Jeff Lynne sound too, but you need to listen from the start to hear that!)

Anything as good as that nowadays?

Nope.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Yes, Prince was a genius.

Just listen to his guitar playing at the end of this clip from 3:27 in:

(Also worth pointing out how brilliant Tom Petty and - ESPECIALLY - Jeff Lynne sound too, but you need to listen from the start to hear that!)

Anything as good as that nowadays?

Nope.

I can do that.

HOLA448

One of my friends saw Prince back in the 80s. He was impressed. I think he was talented, and put on a good show.

HOLA449

One of my friends saw Prince back in the 80s. He was impressed. I think he was talented, and put on a good show.

There are many very talented musicians including brilliant guitar players....most people do not know their names...prince was the complete package bundled up marketed and sold very successfully. ;)

HOLA4410

There are many very talented musicians including brilliant guitar players....most people do not know their names...prince was the complete package bundled up marketed and sold very successfully. ;)

Aye Winks, many very good musicians are not household names. You hire then when recording a track.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I was actually referring to all of them together: Tom Petty, Steve Winwood, Jeff Lynne (WHAT.A.VOICE!), Dhanni Harrison (of couse, son of the original songwriter George Harrison) and Prince.

What an ensemble.

The concert for George at the Albert Hall (2002) is a very good watch (over 2.5hrs) , same line up in that, Clapton instead of Prince though, plenty of other appearances from Paul, Ringo etc. Paul does a good stint with the ukulele at 1:46.00.

Worth a watch if you are getting drunk on your own at the weekend and need entertainment, I've not seen a better live show entertainment wise and re-watch it every couple of months.

HOLA4417

The concert for George at the Albert Hall (2002) is a very good watch (over 2.5hrs) , same line up in that, Clapton instead of Prince though, plenty of other appearances from Paul, Ringo etc. Paul does a good stint with the ukulele at 1:46.00.

Worth a watch if you are getting drunk on your own at the weekend and need entertainment, I've not seen a better live show entertainment wise and re-watch it every couple of months.

Thank goodness the ukulele was mentioned.

HOLA4418

Thank goodness the ukulele was mentioned.

I couldn't spell it and HPC spelling suggested "leukemia". With all the celebs dropping like flies I am glad I didn't post Paul McCartney did a good stint with the leukemia.

HOLA4419
Guest eight

I couldn't spell it and HPC spelling suggested "leukemia". With all the celebs dropping like flies I am glad I didn't post Paul McCartney did a good stint with the leukemia.

McCartney died in 1966!

HOLA4420

Good call for the George Harrison tribute concert.

McCartney did a ukulele turn with Something in recent concerts.

The highlight for me in the Harrison concert is Joe Brown singing I'll See You In My Dreams playing a ukulele. (can't embed! :unsure: )

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I've always wondered this, same with actors. Lots of actors in two bit theatre productions for years who never get that lucky break, probably because the ratio of big breaks to good actors, singers, models is so massive.

In fact in many interviews I recall the interviewee saying that luck had a lot to do with it.

Archived