House Price Crash Forum

When Having The Power To Evict Isnt Enough

HOLA441
HOLA442

To be fair heating on + window open is not something any sane person would do if they were paying the bills so I can understand their desire to stop it. Some of the ideas seem pretty sensible (window sensor on the trv).

Controlling the tenants heating via Hive? Hmm maybe a step too far. I'm guessing these are HMOs though, so maybe this is the required level to stop people taking the piss and running up needless bills attempting to heat the planet?

HOLA443

To be fair heating on + window open is not something any sane person would do if they were paying the bills so I can understand their desire to stop it. Some of the ideas seem pretty sensible (window sensor on the trv).

Controlling the tenants heating via Hive? Hmm maybe a step too far. I'm guessing these are HMOs though, so maybe this is the required level to stop people taking the piss and running up needless bills attempting to heat the planet?

I was just about to say the same thing.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

There's an opportunity for someone to open a landlord one stop online shop.

-Insurance broker

-Accountants

-Inside Track Seminars or clones of (if they are still running)

-Discount for DIY stores

-Discount codes

-Smart TRVs etc... and anything else and so on

HOLA447

Aye very good, imagine how you would feel if you take a day off work come home during a cold snap and you can't turn the heating on as its outside the hours that Mr landlord has decided you can be warm

HOLA448

Hotels are designed with separate heating controls/systems to each room to cater for the heating desires/ requirement of each room occupant.

Take a standard house and stuff it pull of people in separate locked rooms without appropriate seaparate heating / cooling it doesn't work, shocked I tell you.

Edited by onlyme2

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Aye very good, imagine how you would feel if you take a day off work come home during a cold snap and you can't turn the heating on as its outside the hours that Mr landlord has decided you can be warm

Its why the 'boost' function was mentioned several times on the 118 thread? Its exactly what I'd use if I came home early and wanted to make my CH come on outside of the schedule.

Agreed there is huge scope for abuse from the LLs side, but its a reaction to people being idiots and leaving the windows open with the CH on.

I've lived in a HMO and often came home to a living room at 25c with no one home as the controls had been buggered about with.

Cheaky way around it of course if a £10 electric heater for your room :)

HOLA4412

What?

Do you begrudge tenants having heating? And how many landlords moan like ****** that tenants DON'T open windows resulting in damp problems. So what's the answer?

Landlords want their cake and to eat it. they only deserve a large slice of Minny's chocolate pie. They can do one.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

What?

Do you begrudge tenants having heating? And how many landlords moan like ****** that tenants DON'T open windows resulting in damp problems. So what's the answer?

Landlords want their cake and to eat it. they only deserve a large slice of Minny's chocolate pie. They can do one.

At what point did I say anything like that? The OP/118 thread is about bills paid for HMOs where people are opening the windows while the heating is on. Any normal tenant or home owner responsible for the bills would turn the heating off in the room before opening the window. Smart TRVs that turn off the radiator when the window is open maybe? Potential answers are being discussed and the smart TRV seems sensible to me (infact if I were doing an overhaul of my heating I'd consider it as there have been times I've opened the window and left the TRV fully open). The whole "I want to control my tenants heating from my iPhone while I sun myself in Spain" is not something I'd agree with.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

There's an opportunity for someone to open a landlord one stop online shop.

-Insurance broker

-Accountants

-Inside Track Seminars or clones of (if they are still running)

-Discount for DIY stores

-Discount codes

-Smart TRVs etc... and anything else and so on

- Career advisor (commencing April 2020)

HOLA4417

Too much stick and no carrot. Why not flip it around, and make it part of the tenancy agreement that and heating underspend will be deducted from rent bills?

Oh no, because that would involve treating your tenants like respected human beings instead of cash cows to be milked until they run dry.

HOLA4418

Too much stick and no carrot. Why not flip it around, and make it part of the tenancy agreement that and heating underspend will be deducted from rent bills?

Oh no, because that would involve treating your tenants like respected human beings instead of cash cows to be milked until they run dry.

Some kind of option would perhaps be fairest. Cheaper rent but with clearly specified restrictions.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Another example of how the Landlord's sociopathic mind is wired differently from most of the population.

How so I was intrigued by the comment so looked up the post. Radiator left on and window open it senses it and turns down. He isn't controlling it it's a function of the house so not Orwellian which Hive/Tado etc could be accused of. I hate energy wastage by morons whether they are renters, owners or landlords so whats the problem ?

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

How so I was intrigued by the comment so looked up the post. Radiator left on and window open it senses it and turns down. He isn't controlling it it's a function of the house so not Orwellian which Hive/Tado etc could be accused of. I hate energy wastage by morons whether they are renters, owners or landlords so whats the problem ?

It would be a good idea for some owner occupiers if that had that.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425