House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Greedy Doctors Discussed On Question Time?

Nurse just now on QT said some home truths about doctors but the audience did not want to hear it. Has the BBC filled the audience with junior doctors and their families?

Are doctors now, like celebrities and islam, sacred cows that we must not criticise?

The Weatherspoons chap is saying some home truths about the NHS also. Politically correct left of lefties do not want ot hear it though it seems.

I thought Paddy Ashdown getting a new one ripped was the best part

The nurse had a point about the working time directive ,you sing that right away i have signed many contracts like that,i refused to sign the right away once and was found to be surplus to requirement within a couple of months after refusing the requested working times quoting the 55 hr ?at the time directive

I am now in a twitter row with a junior doctor who seems to think that he and, according to him, hundreds of doctors he knows, are somehow hard done by.

I pointed out the fabulous salaries and pensions... and that vast numbers of Brits work the same hours for a fraction of the pay without any pensions... but he just thinks that he and his colleagues are hard done by.

NHS is a cult. Anyone who dares criticize it is confronted with the obligatory 'oh so you want the american system where people are left to die on streets if they dont have insurance'

as if 1) there are only 2 choices of healthcare in the universe, the NHS or the yank insurers.

and 2) as if they actually leave people in the streets dieing in the US (or ever did outside of hollywood movies)

NHS will never improve as we arent allowed to discuss it, unless the discussion is throwing more money at it.

I am now in a twitter row with a junior doctor who seems to think that he and, according to him, hundreds of doctors he knows, are somehow hard done by.

I pointed out the fabulous salaries and pensions... and that vast numbers of Brits work the same hours for a fraction of the pay without any pensions... but he just thinks that he and his colleagues are hard done by.

Tell him that with 3d printers, health tourism and robot surgeons (yes, robot surgeons), his job and his beloved NHS will be history soon enough anyway, regardless of how much he or his union manipulators hold the country to ransom in the meantime...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/david-platt-new-thatch-day-7802211

Write back and tell him that you don't have chest pain but by coincidence the stress of your exchanges is causing palpitations and that you've a weird tingling sensation in one arm. See if he'll proffer a diagnosis.

Will do.

my understanding is that we have got x number of doctors, and will have x number of doctors under this new contract

if it will be "unsafe" under the new contract, why is is not unsafe now?

or maybe it's just about losing all that weekend lolly

He says he is embarrassed for me now. I think he has lost the argument. I suspect, like lots of doctors, he has never had someone tell him what people generallty feel about doctors.

You know what it is like - you say one thing to doctors feeling empathy for their moans about being over-worked because you dare not offend a doctor whom you might need for help one day. But, in truth, most of us feel that they are whinging greedy sods who are over-paid, over-pensioned and who do no longer hours than millions of other Brits earning a fraction of their wages.

Works for me. Make sure that you use the correct image box.

Lost me on that one imagebox? i have always right clicked on the image then copy image

Must be just bad luck , always choosing copyrighted ones

Lost me on that one imagebox? i have always right clicked on the image then copy image

Must be just bad luck , always choosing copyrighted ones

Nah, you need to right-click on an image, go to view image and then copy the url address. You then paste it into your post using the image box at the top of the comment box.

I feel the need to point out that QT was not discussing whether doctors are greedy or not.

They were simply discussing doctors' salaries re the strike and, of course, the general consensus was how wonderful and hard-pressed doctors are and how they clearly need all the money in the universe, blah, blah....

...until a woman, who said she was a nurse, pointed out some home truths... and she got shouted down for daring to challenge the saintly order of doctors.

Nah, you need to right-click on an image, go to view image and then copy the url address. You then paste it into your post using the image box at the top of the comment box.

Does that get around the copyright bit ?

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

Edit nope it did not

Sounds like there were a lot of junior doctors in the audience.

Who was it who said, nobody can comprehend an argument that interferes with their income.. or at least something to that effect.

Junior doctors probably need to realise that they aren't quite as important or indispensable as they think they are and just embrace change rather than all this childish toy throwing. Frankly some of them are behaving like spoiled kids. IMHO.

Does that get around the copyright bit ?

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

Edit nope it did not

You're probably inserting a link to the page rather than the image. In your browser address bar the address needs to end in a picture extension (like .jpg) to work properly.

Sounds like there were a lot of junior doctors in the audience.

Who was it who said, nobody can comprehend an argument that interferes with their income.. or at least something to that effect.

Junior doctors probably need to realise that they aren't quite as important or indispensable as they think they are and just embrace change rather than all this childish toy throwing. Frankly some of them are behaving like spoiled kids. IMHO.

Yes this is my opinion too and i don't like the way they are striking using blackmail "people will miss operations" "there will be no A&E cover" etc

The fact is the games up and they realise that they won't be getting the same lucrative pay & conditions that the Consultant's they work under currently receive,

I think there is also an element of wanting it all now like they should be Consultant's in short order and not spend the years working up to that level.

The NHS needs to go to fully staffed 7 day working there are too many people needing the services to run it 9-5 mon-fri.

I was sat in a fracture clinic from 9am on a tuesday for an early morning appointment and i saw the Consultant waft in at 9:45am.

i didn't get in until gone 10am there was a second waiting room that you progress too after you have spent the almost obligatory 1hr delay in the main waiting room.

I think it's important not to get drawn into the politics of envy.. if we need to pay junior doctors what they currently earn then we should.

On the other hand, if there are plenty of people still happy to join the profession on the new terms and quality of output won't be affected then really all the junior doctors are calling for is the rigging of salaries over and above that which the tax payer needs to pay simply because they feel they are some how entitled to it.

I appreciate there is an argument that perhaps quality will slip.. fair enough, I have no idea. I also sympathise wth junior doctors for the hours they seem to work.. I can't imagine tired doctors make good decisions. These don't seem to be their main gripe though.. most of it seems to be about pay.

Just save the photo / image and go to an image uploading site like photobucket, upload the saved image and copy the forum link with at the end.

The paste it into the reply box on here.

That's not a link to a picture, it's a link to a search.

Are you using a phone or PC?

Edit to add: if using a phone click the image in your link then press and hold until you get options including "open image". The address bar should now contain and address for the image ending in a .jpg extension.

Copy and paste this in and it should work..