House Price Crash Forum

Interesting article, thanks for posting.

Unbelievable how they have managed to keep those house prices giong up for this long, when you look at the ratio of house price to earnings ratio.

And looking at that savings graph, very few have anything to fall back on should they get behind with the ever increasing debts.

Yes, if necessary they will sacrifice your first born to the gods of HPI. Oh, wait...they did that already.

you might be a bit closer to the truth than you realise.

why do you think they let all the immigrants in??

to cause dissent, friction and finally bloodshed????

they just haven't got round to the "money shot" bit yet.

it'll be something a bit more spectacular than 9/11 that will trigger these guys to go nuts...I'm imagining levels of "stimulus" like 1m dead in new york, 20k dead in london, similar in paris, berlin,most other western capitals- even moscow.

..the response will be several orders of magnitude more spectacular than "shock and awe" too,

like complete countries in the ME wiped off the face of the earth in a matter of hours.

Edited by oracle

They have tried....what's left...outright theft ?

That happens if Brexit. Deposit protection scheme is EU law, so if Farage's banker chums get us out, we can surely say goodbye to that protection.

like complete countries in the ME wiped off the face of the earth in a matter of hours.

Particularly if they pull something massive off in Moscow, for instance.

The Russians don't mess around and Putin will act in these instances.

That happens if Brexit. Deposit protection scheme is EU law, so if Farage's banker chums get us out, we can surely say goodbye to that protection.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the UK deposit protection limit was reduced to meet EU law. It was £85K but had to be "harmonised" to £75K (100K Euros). Maybe if we "Brexit" the increased protection will be reinstated??

http://www.fscs.org.uk/news/2015/july/new-deposit-protection-limit-coming-on-1-january/

you might be a bit closer to the truth than you realise.

why do you think they let all the immigrants in??

to cause dissent, friction and finally bloodshed????

they just haven't got round to the "money shot" bit yet.

it'll be something a bit more spectacular than 9/11 that will trigger these guys to go nuts...I'm imagining levels of "stimulus" like 1m dead in new york, 20k dead in london, similar in paris, berlin,most other western capitals- even moscow.

..the response will be several orders of magnitude more spectacular than "shock and awe" too,

Wow - from HPC to full on Armageddon in 7 posts - that's got to be some kind of record

What sort of timeframe are we looking at Oracle?

A job is not for life therefore an income is not guaranteed monthly.......but a mortgage requires payment monthly. ;)

MORTGAGE = DEATH PLEDGE: Latin words Mort-Gage Literally Translated Mort Means (Death) Gage Means (Pledge)

A job is not for life therefore an income is not guaranteed monthly.......but a mortgage requires payment monthly. ;)

MORTGAGE = DEATH PLEDGE: Latin words Mort-Gage Literally Translated Mort Means (Death) Gage Means (Pledge)

Yes, a modern job = no pledge, not even the hint of a pledge in some cases right down to zero hours contracts, what sort fo job is that.

Stunningly we have a governmentbankingsystem that drives both of those - insanity, just a question of when and not if it folds.

Purchaser on HUTH this morning (didn't check, but seemed to be current episode) buying in East Dulwich, London, said that he was happy he would be ok, even if the bubble burst.

Russian guy, also said he would be able to fob it off on eager Russian investors if necessary.

Purchaser on HUTH this morning (didn't check, but seemed to be current episode) buying in East Dulwich, London, said that he was happy he would be ok, even if the bubble burst.

Russian guy, also said he would be able to fob it off on eager Russian investors if necessary.

"Bubble EXPLODES" was the actual quote.

Says it all.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the UK deposit protection limit was reduced to meet EU law. It was £85K but had to be "harmonised" to £75K (100K Euros). Maybe if we "Brexit" the increased protection will be reinstated??

http://www.fscs.org.uk/news/2015/july/new-deposit-protection-limit-coming-on-1-january/

The deposit protection scheme is E100k. It was before, it is now. Non-Euro countries have to re-band theirs every 5 years to match what E100k is worth at the time. If we leave and are no longer required to have it, we'll probably reband - to 0.

Edited by bristolhunter

Smoke and mirrors..

You don't seriously expect the Government to pay out in a major banking crash?

It's just there to keep the sheeple happy. You know the hard of thinking ones who think property values only ever go up..

Smoke and mirrors..

You don't seriously expect the Government to pay out in a major banking crash?

It's just there to keep the sheeple happy. You know the hard of thinking ones who think property values only ever go up..

No, and that is another thing to be fretful about.

I still have my "Protect and Survive" pamphlet from 1980. If the advice works I'll use it to start a fire, boil a kettle and make a nice cup of tea.

Of course, stories of Armageddon have been used for some time to keep sheeple in order...

Yes, if necessary they will sacrifice your first born to the gods of HPI. Oh, wait...they did that already.

Although migration has been mentioned, WHY is the indigenous birth rate so low. Too few feel safe to bring into this world the next generation when shelter is perceived as hard to achieve,

Although migration has been mentioned, WHY is the indigenous birth rate so low. Too few feel safe to bring into this world the next generation when shelter is perceived as hard to achieve,

Yes. When you require two full time wage earners to provide basic shelter it makes it financially challenging to procreate, seem to be a lot of only children these days. Edited by Si1

Yes. When you require two full time wage earners to provide basic shelter it makes it financially challenging to procreate, seem to be as lot of only children these days.

But according to the HPC consensus all you need to do is squirt out a couple of kids and you get a free Council house.

But according to the HPC consensus all you need to do is squirt out a couple of kids and you get a free Council house.

But only if you are a single parent, a lot of people are still responsible. Saying that if I were an 18 year old girl, I would consider pro/semi pro single parenthood - although of course it would depend on who I think might win the next election. If society makes x attractive, then society should not complain when people do things rationally.

Dick Cheney's wife gave birth 9 months 2 days after Congress decided married men without children were eligible for the draft - people respond to incentives.