House Price Crash Forum

Reduce Homelessness Petition

HOLA441

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/takeaction/658/751/153/?taf_id=24332822&cid=fb_na

Help reduce homelessness and improve the lives of thousands. Sign this petition now to show your support for a Welsh-style approach to addressing homelessness and rough sleeping in England.

-----
What is the Welsh-style approach? It wasn't more money from the English was it?

HOLA442

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/takeaction/658/751/153/?taf_id=24332822&cid=fb_na

Help reduce homelessness and improve the lives of thousands. Sign this petition now to show your support for a Welsh-style approach to addressing homelessness and rough sleeping in England.

-----

What is the Welsh-style approach? It wasn't more money from the English was it?

The majority of the homeless in the UK are from EE.

HOLA443

Just had a look at the site:

'Homelessness and rough sleeping in England has increased by nearly a third since 2010. In fact, last year alone the total number of households considered homeless jumped by eight percent, with a three percent increase in the number of households lacking stable housing rising by three percent.

That's 56,000 English men, women, and children whose security, health and opportunities are limited by inadequate housing.'

But its not English FFS!

Its a load of EE chancing it in the UK and failing to make the cut.

HOLA444

The majority of the homeless in the UK are from EE.

London had 925 rough sleepers in autumn 2015, one quarter of the national figure. Data collected by the Combined Homelessness and Information Network (CHAIN) shows that nearly one in five rough sleepers in London is Romanian and overall, 57 per cent of rough sleepers are non-British. Nationally, the vast majority of homeless people are British.

HOLA445

London had 925 rough sleepers in autumn 2015, one quarter of the national figure. Data collected by the Combined Homelessness and Information Network (CHAIN) shows that nearly one in five rough sleepers in London is Romanian and overall, 57 per cent of rough sleepers are non-British. Nationally, the vast majority of homeless people are British.

Genuine question: Why follow London numbers with a non-London statement?

HOLA446

As a child I knew 'The (singular) tramp' who lived around Hitchin and Letchworth. Old before his time from drinking meths. He was looked after from time to time by nuns. Mum would get him to do some small job and then feed him. The only other homeless I came across were a young couple living in a bender on Oughtonhead Common. Today, round Peterborough and St Neots there are dozens of hidden camps - not all foreign migrants inhabiting them either!

HOLA447

As a child I knew 'The (singular) tramp' who lived around Hitchin and Letchworth. Old before his time from drinking meths. He was looked after from time to time by nuns. Mum would get him to do some small job and then feed him. The only other homeless I came across were a young couple living in a bender on Oughtonhead Common. Today, round Peterborough and St Neots there are dozens of hidden camps - not all foreign migrants inhabiting them either!

I remember the odd tramp.

My granny once fed a tramp and gave him an old coat to keep him warm.

Some years later he came back to thank her, and told her his luck had changed from then on.

HOLA448

In Northampton, they should rename the Big Issue to the Beeeeg Eeeeshooo (EE accent). I'm not making this up.

Walk around Mounts and other areas of NN1 (inner Northampton), EEs everywhere - loitering, loitering, loitering. Smoking cigarettes, cans of beer in their hands, in groups, what are they doing? Why are they here? I can't help but see them and think: they offer fukc all to the UK, and will take more than they will ever give. End of. Can't wait for Owen Jones (and young indigenous British "educated types") to defend said loiterers to the hilt. I'm so out of touch. I'm such a scumbag racist.

Edited by canbuywontbuy

HOLA449

Yes I remember proper heritage tramps: they had a colourful nickname and a distinctive trademark, like Muttering Alf or Tommy Saucepans. They used to sleep in barns and willingly do odd jobs for tuppence, and when you got to know them it turned out they had a twinkly eye and a sentimental heart. Nowadays these 'Euro-tramps' are just rip-offs: surly slavic types in Hugo Boss tracksuits sitting on blankets outside Debenhams, they're clearly fakes, clock off at 5pm I bet.

HOLA4410

Know what you mean - specially round London but... it is getting a bit silly on this site. We have fat greedy lazy people going to foodbanks, Doctor/teacher/steel-worker tossers, tramps are criminal foreigners etc.

How about all hpc'ers are envious bitter and twisted losers ? I guess thats one for the property 118 lot. But then I can't help looking at the above list and wondering who those delusions gratify...

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Know what you mean - specially round London but... it is getting a bit silly on this site. We have fat greedy lazy people going to foodbanks, Doctor/teacher/steel-worker tossers, tramps are criminal foreigners etc.

How about all hpc'ers are envious bitter and twisted losers ? I guess thats one for the property 118 lot. But then I can't help looking at the above list and wondering who those delusions gratify...

Eh? Well, I can only speak for myself. I see what I see. I live in NN1 (town centre of Northampton). I've lived in Northampton on and off for 30 years. Is it "delusional" for me to think there's been a massive increase in EEs and that I see them loitering around the town centre and parks a lot?

Having seen your posts on the EU, it's obvious your have a vested interest for the UK to remain - yeah, we get that - but it's delusional of you to deny that mass immigration is NOT taking place in the UK - and that it's just "specially round London". It realy is amazing how twisted people get when a referendum is up-and-coming - they really do deny reality to suit their VI. As for me, I'm not envious - I'm an out-and-out property owner (just not in the UK, ha!) - and am emigrating in July. Anyway, as you are, keep it up with the pro-EU rants.

HOLA4413

I know about towns in the SW + North.

In the North, ~50% of homeless case are EE/recent EUs.

They are not homeless, they have moved to another country without means to support themselves.

These people have accommodation availbale to them in their home countrys.

Not sounding hardsh but do you think a Brit (or other EU) can go to <insert country> and get housed? You cannot!

In the South West I know a bloke ho dealt with homeless for 30 odd years.

10-15 years ago, it was still the odd drunk, itinerant tramps drifting between London + SW.

Now its 80%+ EE.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I know about towns in the SW + North.

In the North, ~50% of homeless case are EE/recent EUs.

They are not homeless, they have moved to another country without means to support themselves.

These people have accommodation availbale to them in their home countrys.

Not sounding hardsh but do you think a Brit (or other EU) can go to <insert country> and get housed? You cannot!

In the South West I know a bloke ho dealt with homeless for 30 odd years.

10-15 years ago, it was still the odd drunk, itinerant tramps drifting between London + SW.

Now its 80%+ EE.

Local woods often have a tent or two in the summer, in the winter the rest of the woods littered with cans and rubbish. Nearly every can an ee brand, so not too difficult to add two and two.

Why should you give a shit about a country you only came to extract as much from as possible before you piss off back to where you came from.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Local woods often have a tent or two in the summer, in the winter the rest of the woods littered with cans and rubbish. Nearly every can an ee brand, so not too difficult to add two and two.

Lech, Tyskie - these brands are "well advertised" around Northampton - in the hands of al fresco drinkers, or scattered around the park / pavements. My "delusion" is so elaborate!