House Price Crash Forum

Does Anyone Know The Name Of The Property Developer Programme?

200p

HOLA441

I have searched unsuccessfully previously. So any help would be appreciated.

Basically it was on TV maybe the BBC about 10-15, maybe even 20 years ago. It featured a lady University Lecturer who, in time, bought and sold a whole street. She'd buy a house do it up, and sell it on. She did this in her spare time.

She'd get creative in selling in a slow market. Once she had a banner made which was tied to the house, with "FOR SALE £44,000" in red writing on a white background.

I believe this is one of the first property documentary programmes that came out that started to charge the market. It was out well before Homes Under The Hammer.

Edited by 200p

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
  • 1 month later...
HOLA448
HOLA449

There was a good one I watched circa 16 years ago. Maybe a documentary on the subject of Estate Agents or one of those 'fly on the wall' things that were in vogue at the time.

A woman in Newcastle wanted to sell her detached house and move to London to be close to her daughter. EA in Newcastle valued her house at £80k. She visits a London EA to ascertain what her £80k will buy there and is shown a tired looking 3 bedroomed ex-LA flat with the original crittall windows. She was rather disappointed to say the least.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412