House Price Crash Forum
cool_hand

George Osborne Says House Prices Will Fall If We Leave Eu

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36070761

The chancellor said "it would be the poorest" who would be most affected by an EU exit, citing people whose jobs "depend" on the car plants and steel making factories.

"They are the people whose incomes would go down, whose house prices would fall, whose job prospects would weaken, they are the people who always suffer when the country takes an economic wrong turn," he said.

I say bring it on.

Is it just me but I'm hearing nothing at all from the Brexit side about the potential upsides of getting out, all I'm hearing/reading is constant fear mongering from the in campaign.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36070761

The chancellor said "it would be the poorest" who would be most affected by an EU exit, citing people whose jobs "depend" on the car plants and steel making factories.

"They are the people whose incomes would go down, whose house prices would fall, whose job prospects would weaken, they are the people who always suffer when the country takes an economic wrong turn," he said.

I say bring it on.

They really do live in a bubble, i work in those industries the damage has be done every person in those industries are reminded of that every time they open their payslips and see they are earning no more or even less now than they were ten years ago ...and they know exactly why this has happened

The poor can`t afford a houses so how can it go down in price ..they would be over the moon with cheaper houses ...you could not make this siht up

Is it just me but I'm hearing nothing at all from the Brexit side about the potential upsides of getting out, all I'm hearing/reading is constant fear mongering from the in campaign.

Give them enough rope ? Google " Nicola Sturgeon warns against Brexit scaremongering "

In the Scottish referendum, a number of analysts argued that the In campaign’s focus on the economic risks of independence contributed to its falling lead in the opinion polls, although it did still win by a margin of 10 percentage points. “The In campaign in this referendum doesn’t have a 20-point lead to squander,” Ms Sturgeon said
Edited by long time lurking

I also heard Osbourne say that every man women and child in the realm would be 4,300 quid / year worse off if we left the eurozone.

In the Scottish referendum, a number of analysts argued that the In campaign’s focus on the economic risks of independence contributed to its falling lead in the opinion polls

This is exactly my feeling. Only this time the fear-mongering appears even less believable.

If vested interests are afraid of something so much, let's try it. What's the worst that can happen if you already have very little?

The Shipyards (those that are left) are full of labour from the EU states, i know many good guys who cannot get a start.

I drive past a new Biomass power station being built by Interserve almost daily all the trades are almost exclusively eastern european working for just over £9ph there, was a big GMB demonstration outside the place a couple of weeks ago there was nothing on the news about it even though the press were camped out 500 yards up the road waiting for any news from Port Talbot steel works

A mate a Sparky was working on a new Aldi/lidl distribution center on the outskirts of Cardiff until he found out the rate £10.50ph all hours worked

Everyone in the construction industry whether it be civil or engineering knows what the problem is and all the ones that do vote, will only be voting one way

Whatever Osborne says is irrelevant to them and me

I drive past a new Biomass power station being built by Interserve almost daily all the trades are almost exclusively eastern european working for just over £9ph there, was a big GMB demonstration outside the place a couple of weeks ago there was nothing on the news about it even though the press were camped out 500 yards up the road waiting for any news from Port Talbot steel works

A mate a Sparky was working on a new Aldi/lidl distribution center on the outskirts of Cardiff until he found out the rate £10.50ph all hours worked

Everyone in the construction industry whether it be civil or engineering knows what the problem is and all the ones that do vote, will only be voting one way

Whatever Osborne says is irrelevant to them and me

There was an immigration bust on the construction site of the new prison in Wrexham last week a load of Ukranian illegal workers were found.

I was in Wrexham 2 weeks ago.

story:

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/illegal-workers-found-wrexham-prison-11195465

Edited by workingpoor

It appears no one on the In campaign is capable of coming up with a single positive reason for staying in EU. There a complete and utter lack of vision about what the European Union is supposed to represent and what citizenship of the entity is supposed to mean. In the Roman Empire citizens would state 'Civis Romanus Sum' to proclaim their identity. I doubt a single ordinary inhabitant of the EU would share that sentiment. The truth is that there is no common identity or purpose within the EU just the pursuit of narrow sectional, regional and national interests.

Edited by stormymonday_2011

There was an immigration bust on the construction site of the new prison in Wrexham last week a load of Ukranian illegal workers were found.

I was in Wrexham 2 weeks ago.

Last time I checked the Ukraine was not part of the EU so the workers are presumably working here illegally.

This is exactly my feeling. Only this time the fear-mongering appears even less believable.

If vested interests are afraid of something so much, let's try it. What's the worst that can happen if you already have very little?

Three months ago Dave was threatening to lead the campaign to leave if he didn't get his EU 'reforms' passed! Are we expected us to believe that a handful of trivial restrictions on the in-work benefits of East European migrants has been sufficient to transform Brexit from elective public policy into a systemic threat to the UK's prosperity? The idea is beyond absurd.

Yep and the shelf fillers at Aldi get £8.40 so much for striving to get a skilled job.

The Shipyards (those that are left) are full of labour from the EU states, i know many good guys who cannot get a start.

Exactly, which is why the 4k figure that people will "lose" is B.S, they will more than make up for that in work opportunities if the migration stream of workers competing for their jobs is shut down.

I don't know why stay in lot are so worried. Don't they know that if the worst happened, and Brexit wins, the EU would just persuade us to have another referendum, a la the Irish, again and again UNTIL we voted correctly.

so house prices will go from completely bonkers insane average 8* average wage,back down to 4* average wage.

if you have kids, and aren't completely selfish, then that is a good thing.

Three months ago Dave was threatening to lead the campaign to leave if he didn't get his EU 'reforms' passed! Are we expected us to believe that a handful of trivial restrictions on the in-work benefits of East European migrants has been sufficient to transform Brexit from elective public policy into a systemic threat to the UK's prosperity? The idea is beyond absurd.

Yes, and he was pulled up on points like that in todays press conference by a few journalists. The press conference looked weak and desperate, but I can`t help thinking that behind the scenes some sort of EZ break up is being orchestrated anyway. It would be good cover for a debt right off and "reset"?

Exactly, which is why the 4k figure that people will "lose" is B.S, they will more than make up for that in work opportunities if the migration stream of workers competing for their jobs is shut down.

Nail on the head!.

Yep and the shelf fillers at Aldi get £8.40 so much for striving to get a skilled job.

Well the way i see it most trades will be working for not much more than NMW in three to four years time when NMW hits the promised £9.20 a hour

I think this is what Dave was alluding to when he promised he would tackle the growing inequality of wealth in the UK

An insightful comment on the BBC web page about Osborne's comments likened the government's stance to an abusive relationship. So I checked...

According to www.disrespectnobody.co.uk/ one of the signs of emotional abuse is

• Threatening to harm you or to self–harm if you leave them

Which is what is threatened if we leave......