House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spyguy

Forever Living

Another day, another loon woman Facebook friend has asked me to like her MLM pyramid scam.

Fck knows what will happen when TCs end and they have to work for a living.

Women inspiring women, all over the globe....

Hallo vera

It seems there's never a day goes by without me encountering women who are involved in something referred to as "cancer awareness".

A female colleague has even put a notice up at work asking us all for donations for her trip round the UK making people aware of cancer.

I've got news for you ladies. We are all well aware of friggin' cancer.

Now go and make some cakes for the poor instead...!

XYY

Quite a few pro footballers are into selling herbal potions (I don't mean drugs) for performance and suchlike.

It's similar to the Amway and other get rich schemes but it's odd that people on half a million a year are doing it.

I guess you're either gullible or you aren't and existing wealth doesn't come into it.

I also think that it's unpleasant that the message with these women-only schemes is often about "empowering" women when the actual aim is to take money away from those women who haven't got much in the first place.

Re XYY's post we've had at work the dementia awareness / friends / champions hard sell to try and get us to wear a badge to show that we are "dementia friends". With the implication being that you want to machine gun cute kittens if you don't wear one.

I attended the talk (semi-compulsory) and what it boiled down is you should be considerate of and sometimes assist elder people who are having trouble doing things because they might have dementia.

Given that pretty much anybody would be considerate of or help an old person in such a situation it seemed both fatuous and insulting.

As if prior to the talk I'd have pushed an old frail person out of the way on an escalator but having heard the talk I would stop doing that.

The people who wear such badges are wearing them.

Someone I know has started a 'My shopping page' - she's got loads of people joined it, but the way it works is she posts a photo of something and then you have to message her to get a link to buy it.

By which time the same people will have looked up how much cheaper it is on ebay.

Someone I know has started a 'My shopping page' - she's got loads of people joined it, but the way it works is she posts a photo of something and then you have to message her to get a link to buy it.

By which time the same people will have looked up how much cheaper it is on ebay.

What's her USP then? She must have one, or be blissfully unaware that Google exists

It seems there's never a day goes by without me encountering women who are involved in something referred to as "cancer awareness".

A female colleague has even put a notice up at work asking us all for donations for her trip round the UK making people aware of cancer.

Now go and make some cakes for the poor instead...!XYY

Wierdly enough, another vague FB 'friend' has bought a new car. In pink. This is to raise awareness for cancer - which only women get, apparently.

She asking for donations for running the car - petrol and finance costs.

There's no message or owt on it. Just a pink car.

Don't get me started on ***** doing stuff "For charity" that they actually enjoy.

Hey there - I'm crawling over broken glass to raise money for a dementia charity

Game on

Hey there - I'm hiking through south America having the time of my life to raise money for a dementia charity

****** off - I hope you get eaten by a massive snake you self obsessed **** of a ****.

Rant over :)

Serious ^ ?

Yes.

I was stunned. I had to reread the post, just to make sure I was not having an acid flashback.

It's gone fcing insane. Charity, cancer = whatever scam.

I get about 2 or 3 posts a month of young mum's raising money to have a helmet tyo sdhapeherir kids skul. The NHS does not do this because the helmet is a total fcking scam!

Now go and make some cakes for the poor instead...!XYY

Have you not come across any fat old Trollope in boro who claims she's not unemployed but a 'community health champion' ?

Don't get me started on ***** doing stuff "For charity" that they actually enjoy.

Hey there - I'm crawling over broken glass to raise money for a dementia charity

Game on

Hey there - I'm hiking through south America having the time of my life to raise money for a dementia charity

****** off - I hope you get eaten by a massive snake you self obsessed **** of a ****.

Rant over :)

Kilimanjaro?

Thasts a hilly stroll.

Or climbing Everest (base camp)

Can I sponsor you to swim with piranhas in the wild?

Now go and make some cakes for the poor instead...!

XYYe

Ha har You Scopey *******! I'm a Scorpio, no frends, and does shit alone!

What's her USP then? She must have one, or be blissfully unaware that Google exists

I've no idea. Presumably stupid people will not shop around.

Can I sponsor you to swim with piranhas in the wild?

I have actually done that. No kidding.

Pantanal. Corumnba.

We had one at our martial arts club a few years back: Events to raise money for a couple of the lads to go and train in Thailand for a month.

Are you ******ing serious? When I go on holiday I pay for it myself. If they want to go and train in Thailand good luck to them, but there's no way I'm paying for it.

Ha har You Scopey *******! I'm a Scorpio, no frends, and does shit alone!

I'm the same sort of bloke - but my star-sign is Taurus.

Appropriate really - as I'll never knowingly give anyone any bull-shit...!

Not sure I believe in Astrology though. But then we're very sceptical us Taureans...

;)

XYY

I've a very old aquaintance on FB that plugs the FL bollix - lives in a big house, nice garden etc. in the countryside, works whatever hours she feels but never any mention of what her fella does for a living (brings in the money!)

I've a very old aquaintance on FB that plugs the FL bollix - lives in a big house, nice garden etc. in the countryside, works whatever hours she feels but never any mention of what her fella does for a living (brings in the money!)

Nobody makes money at MLM unless they start the scheme.

And if you fail, its because you made it fail...the message is identical in all schemes.

H Life have fit clubs these days...which you arent allowed to advertise at the premises...what sort of firm demands you dont advertise in your own shop? one that doesnt want you to realise there are 40 other schmucks wasting £3K within half a mile of you, thats who.