House Price Crash Forum

House Prices Not More Academies Should Be The Priority Says Academy Chain Head

adsk

HOLA441

Head of Harris Academy chain (named after Conservative donor Lord Harris) says..

"rising house prices are making it almost impossible to keep talented teachers"

“It’s always been an expectation that teaching is a respectable profession and you should be entitled to have somewhere to live,” Moynihan said in an interview with the Guardian. “But it’s not the case now, and nobody in politics is addressing it.

“That to me seems a far more fundamental thing to be worrying about than whether all schools should be academies by 2022.”

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2016/apr/16/teacher-shortages-of-greater-concern-than-full-scale-academisation?CMP=twt_a-education_b-gdnedu

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

In America and I don't doubt here in the UK too the recruitment process for the keystone cops actively targets a capped band of iq along with passive aggressive and sociopathic character traits. They are targeting unquestioning aggressive drones to let loose on the public. Add firearms to the mix in the us and the results are there for all to see.

Is the same thing happening with the teaching profession which the way it is going requires 'repeaters' rather than teachers.. stick to the script, make sure every child in the country is forcefed whatever programming the system deems necessary like.

HOLA445

Im not sure where he gets the idea teaching is a respectable profession. All the teachers I know had big ideas to make something of themselves in their 20s, realized it isnt all that easy, and just ended up teaching.

It seems a repository for people who just like the idea of long holidays and a good pension. They know they arent going to make big bucks. But for the effort, theres not much a better proposition. Its my plan B, anyway :lol:

HOLA446

He should look at the teacher turnover in his own schools.

Teachers just don't last in Harris schools - they are taking a resource of trained teachers and burning through the supply.

Harris schools get slightly better results than most schools but at the expense of screwing over the rest of the system by putting vast numbers of teachers off teaching for life.

When schools are only measured on results, with how they achieve them ignored, then things like this become more common.

HOLA447

it was an expectation, not a reality

1)teaching is only as respectable as the curriculum mandated.....i know quite a few teachers that have been quite rightfully angry about this since the days of keith joseph/kenneth baker as education secretaries...but refuse to admit that things got even worse under the next labour government.

2)public sector workers have no more entitlement to a house/car/food than the guy down the street who works for the electricity board(now privatised) and keeps your lights(and cooker etc) on.

we can all basiacally agree that too much wealth has been hoovered up into too few hands(ie corn law/enclosures act style)....but the teachers/public servants solution that the state acts as god,does not work.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

.....the school I went to was not very good at all......in one end. processed and out the other....the best education I ever had was since the day I left....what a waste of tax payers money. ;)

Me to.

Course booms were good. I read those in the library. Choice was 1 hour of listening to a teacher BS thru mnasths or juysdt reading the chapter in countdown tyo matyhs.

HOLA4411

"rising house prices are making it almost impossible to keep talented teachers"

As usual there's nothing new about that sort of statement - but it's useful to mislead people into thinking at last they're going to do something - maybe if people vote Bremain.

The VI's just think oh yes so what - we're in clover, vote Bremain.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4412

House prices are slowly have decimateding the economy. He probably is also worried that the academy nonsense is likely to be found out if all schools become them.

Just edited for you. (It's already too late to worry about the second sentence)

Edited by LiveinHope

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

In America and I don't doubt here in the UK too the recruitment process for the keystone cops actively targets a capped band of iq along with passive aggressive and sociopathic character traits. They are targeting unquestioning aggressive drones to let loose on the public. Add firearms to the mix in the us and the results are there for all to see.

Is the same thing happening with the teaching profession which the way it is going requires 'repeaters' rather than teachers.. stick to the script, make sure every child in the country is forcefed whatever programming the system deems necessary like.

This...exactly!

Teachers union came out recently saying that it may be a 5th of students are self harming due to stress. Schools are designed to destroy learning.

HOLA4417

“It’s always been an expectation that teaching is a respectable profession and you should be entitled to have somewhere to live,”

What disreputable professions don't entitle someone to have somewhere to live?

Going to be a bit hard to show up for work if you've been sleeping under a bridge.

The fact that it's even in question that a teacher might not be able to afford their own house shows how far and how quickly living standards have fallen. Pity the movers and shakers somehow miraculously failed to notice all the other milestones on the way here. There are a lot of non-teachers struggling to house themselves.