House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Portent

Another Sign Of Impending Collapse

I heard an article on the radio this morning saying a garage in Chelsea had just sold for (I think) £40k, making it the most expensive property per foot in the world. I seem to recall identical headlines last time around, just before the collapse.

Edited by Portent

I heard an article on the radio this morning saying a garage in Chelsea had just sold for (I think) £40k, making it the most expensive property per foot in the world. I seem to recall identical headlines last time around, just before the collapse.

Me too, along with t-shirts saying 'I don't give a f**k how much your house is worth' I haven't seen them yet.

If you owned a house worth a couple of million and a car worth £100K do you not think a lock up secure garage is worth investing in?

Nothing worse than wandering out 1 morning to see mindless vandalism caused, no doubt, by pure envy.

If you owned a house worth a couple of million and a car worth £100K do you not think a lock up secure garage is worth investing in?

Nothing worse than wandering out 1 morning to see mindless vandalism caused, no doubt, by pure envy.

If you owned a house worth a couple of million, presumably it would come with its own garage or an area where one could be built?

Or is this a new type of executive flat? - cost £2million and no where to park the Ferrari - what are the chances of that happening?

if i bought a house worth 2 million i'd expect it to have a garage! i wouldnt want to buy a scabby lockup to park my £100,000 car in, i doubt that you could fit it in the lockup anyway unless it was a very small car.

I take it you guys aren't familiar with the fact that most London houses in Chelsea were built before cars. Mews for coaches etc have normally previously been turned into bijou residencies.